Yankees trading for A-Rod ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

I bet the Red Sox brass are pretty upset now they didn't give in to the Rangers and get A-Rod while they had the chance. If he had gone anywhere else they wouldn't have regretted not doing the deal, but I bet now they regret it more than ever.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Troy
      So will Peter Gammons be a Yankee fan now???
      I was watching Gammons this morning...

He said the reason the Sox didn't finalize the Arod trade was because they didn't want to pay another 2 million a year after Arod was going to restructure his contract....

Betcha their kicking themselves now...
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hecubus
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

I think Steinbrenner just loves busting Boston's balls so fucking much....

Waits until they're right there to pull the rug right out from under em....

I'm not a Yanks fan at all, but this is getting funny to watch.

Anybody want to put money on him trying to get Nomar for 2nd base?
        That would beat out the A-rod trad in spades...
        "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
        "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
        "Fuck you, Fluffy."
        "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
        "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
        "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
        "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
        "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
        "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Lou

Well Nomar for 2nd base would have to be in 2005 if at all, because I don't think the Yankees and Red Sox are ever going to trade with each other. In fact I wonder when the last time they made a trade was, even for minor leaguers.

Comment

• Sammy Who??
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

thumbs ups to this news

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

They didnt pull the rug out from under the Red Sox... The sox have a budget to stay with....The Yankees dont. Plain and simple.

The Sox just couldnt afford it, Thats all. If it doesnt happen this year for the Sox, Then next its down hill at a fast rate. Nomar is going, trust me on that. Pedro will be next followed by others. The sox dont have the money to keep everybody on at the levels they demand.

I think Nomar is going to go wherever they pay him the most....And we all know where that is....
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

is it me...or does Jeter look pissed...

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Jeter IS pissed, or so an article said here.
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• knuckleboner
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Gmoney
                    I lost all respect for A-rod this winter. He is just another greedy baseball player.
                    dude, rodriguez tried to get rid of well over $10 million to play for the red sox, because he had a better chance of winning. if it was all about the $$ for him, he'd have stayed with texas and earned more. it was the players union that didn't allow him to take a pay cut and move to the sox.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

just like clemins, i dont like a-rod.

let's see how this on pans out.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• High Life Man
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

Fuck the Yankees.

Let the cry for a salary cap begin.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

The Red Sox owner is already starting to cry about salary cap after the Yankees pulled off the deal that they couldn't.

I couldn't care either way, Sox or Yanks, but the Red Sox at a payroll of $125 million, they aren't exactly part of the poor. Like knuckleboner said, the Players Union shot down that deal, A-Rod tried to get there.

Comment

• DLR7884
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                            The Red Sox owner is already starting to cry about salary cap after the Yankees pulled off the deal that they couldn't.

I couldn't care either way, Sox or Yanks, but the Red Sox at a payroll of $125 million, they aren't exactly part of the poor. Like knuckleboner said, the Players Union shot down that deal, A-Rod tried to get there.
                            Yeah it's funny how the Sox are bitching how this isn't fair, blah blah blah....when they have the 2nd highest payroll in the league.

The fact of the matter is that about 12 million dollars seperated them and getting A-Rod.

DLR7884
                            They were too cheap to pull the trigger.
                            Originally Posted by WARF:
                            DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

And Steinbrenner adding insult to injury by stating in the press that "Henry didn't want to go the extra mile for his fans."

I'll have to admit, for the first time in awhile, I'm more anxious for the baseball season to get started. Even being Tiger fan.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Glad someone is.....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...