Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I heard some interesting things on the radio today.

Fred Smerlas and Steve Deossy (both all-pro at some time in thier careers, I believe) were on WEEI in Boston today talking about the Steeler-Jet 'Coaches Film'. I didnt catch if they were in the same room with Belechick or not (I think they were), but they watched and broke down the 'coaches film' (the wide-angle view, and a stationary end-zone view to really see a play develop).

I didnt understand half of the football jargon that they were saying, ( I still dont know what a 'red cover-two' is...) but some important points were made:

1. The Jets offensive line played a HORRIBLE game. And yet the Steelers barely won. And the O-Coordinator (cant remember his name right now...) 'resigned' after the game...

2. The whole offensive scheme by the Jets was pathetic. There was a play where the Jets offense was playing for a Steeler blitz...they had ONE receiver run a route, everyone else stayed back to help out on the blitz, and yet the Steelers played a zone (and the way they described it, you could tell before the snap that it was a zone, but the Jets O-line wasnt reacting.

3. Ben gets a little ansy a little too quickly in the pocket. They said that they heard rumblings by the Steeler offensive coaches that they hate it when Ben steps up in the pocket too early...he scrambles well but needs to set better before he passes. That's the main reason why he was sort of floating the ball last Sunday (and that stupid glove...that's my opinion...good decision by him not to wear it anymore) When he gets rushed and has to scramble he likes to put it up for grabs and trusts that the very tall Plaxio will come down with it.

3a. The Jets linebackers were not playing very physically. This is something that the Patriots will very much do.

4. From what Deossy saw in the film, he thinks that the Patriots WILL be able to effectively run the ball up the middle.

5. Steelers greatest strength is their O-line. They pull, double, smash you in the face with the best of 'em.

6. Steelers greatest weakness is their safetys.

I cant wait for this game!
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Who gives a fuck about Merril Hoge...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Their greatest weakness is their safeties?????

Troy Polamalu is a freakin' pro bowler????

Maybe the best defensive guy going right now...next to Farrior...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

The Patriots...under Belicheck...are 13-0 when facing a quarterback the second time during the season...

damn...that's a good stat for Pats fans...if you like stats that is...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
            4. From what Deossy saw in the film, he thinks that the Patriots WILL be able to effectively run the ball up the middle.
            Yeah, right....

Tell those boys that this ain't the fookin' Indy Colts you're running against....

Geezus, the Dillon factor.....

I'm telling ya, this is gonna get over-hyped SO much that it's gonna end up biting the Pats in the ass, after Corey gets about 58 yards rushing....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Their greatest weakness is their safeties?????

Troy Polamalu is a freakin' pro bowler????

Maybe the best defensive guy going right now...next to Farrior...
              LMFAO !!!!

Where do these fucking "experts" get this shit !!!

Pro-Bowler, and 2nd team All-Pro, arguably should have been 1st team, but I'll grant ya that Reed is a stud.....

Yeah, he's a weakness....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Is that finally a prediction Va Beach?...58 yards for Dillon?
                Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  [B]
                  Geezus, the Dillon factor.....

/B]
                  How do you just dismiss the impact that Dillon has had in games that he plays?

Are you DISRESPECTING him? This coming from a guy who all week has tried to play the 'anti-disrespect' card...

Here's the thing about this team, and this is what makes this TEAM great...lets call it the 'Band Of Brothers' effect. There is a comeradery shared by certain unselfish people. These Patriots want to win it for Dillon...a guy who never tasted the playoffs until last week, a guy who was much maligned as a clubhouse cancer...until he became a Patriot.

The same way that guys would go AWOL from their field hospitals just so they could get back to their foxholes on the front lines with their buddies, so to do these Patriots want to win FOR EACHOTHER. (Im not trying to equate the magnitude of The Battle Of The Bulge to a football game, but its the spirit of brotherhood that im talking about) They did it last year for Rodney Harrison, they want to win for Corey Dillon.

You would have had to watch this team closely for several years to really see what im talking about.

Maybe the Steelers have this same attitude, I dont know. I havent watched all their games.

I cant wait for this game!

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I'll admit, Dillon had a much better year than I thought he would. The Pats had injury problems all season at WR, which has held that offense back some, they couldn't get that full cohesiveness.

I think the Pats will try and utilize more draws and screens to slow down that blitz, between that and picking up the blitz, Dillon's play will be critical in this game, no doubt.

Should be a helluva a game. You gotta love Championship Sunday.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I agree with the draws...the one thing the Jets did well 1 out of 4 times...was draw plays...

but with Graham, Branch and those other receivers...Pittsburgh will have to respect the short passing game as well...

it will be an interesting game...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I don't think Dillon will have 100 yards...IMO...

Comment

• Big_Bad_Bell
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Dec 2004

If you think pittysburgh will win you probably have a mental illness. They are superior in everything. And btw whats with the fag symbol? What the hell does a couple of diamonds have to do with steel? Well i guess they are bigger women than i thought if they like diamonds!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big_Bad_Bell
                            If you think pittysburgh will win you probably have a mental illness. They are superior in everything. And btw whats with the fag symbol? What the hell does a couple of diamonds have to do with steel? Well i guess they are bigger women than i thought if they like diamonds!
                            [dr. evil] Riiiigggghhhhhtttttt. [/dr.evil]

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Learn how to fucking write you illiterate dipshit...

1. A couple of things you dumb fuck. When you say They, it sounds like you are talking about the Steelers being superior. No offense...we don't need jizbags like you with your head up your ass even sounding like you think the Steelers are superior...go root for the Browns...

2. The "fag symbol" is the same symbol used by the American Steel Industry...and since from the way you write...it's highly evident that you probably sling shit somewhere in the upper peaks of the Appalachian Mountains, while getting bent over by your toothless uncles, so I'll explain.

Pittsburgh is a Steel town, so they use the Steel symbol..created by the Steel Industry.

So get your finger out of your ass, and start typing with two hands...numbnuts...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It pisses me off that we have to breath the same air as some of these dipshits...

Comment

Working...