• Show
Clear All
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Who wants action on that spread?

Jesus christ!

Eagles gettin NO respect.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

I just don't know....

I realize that the Patriots are the greatest dynasty of all time and that Belichick is one step short of Einstein [ just a HINT of sarcasm ], but I think that the Eagles may feed off of this Patriotmania....

Let's not forget that the Patriots won both of their Super Bowls in the last seconds of their games with Vinatieri field goals, especially last year against a supposedly inferior opponent in the Panthers...

It's not like they were dominating each of those games....

Just a thought....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou

"Well, he is on the active roster, so we will be ready for him," Belichick said.
        You don't think they'll be going after him, do you?
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Lou

I think it's a pretty easy spread to cover for the Eagles. I'm not saying they're gonna win but consider that Andy Reid is 9-0 off two weeks rest in his career, the Eagles rarely get blown out, and Andy Reid has an outstanding record in prime-time games. I still have to say the Pats will win 24-20 but I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles won. In any event I think it'll be a great game and the Eagles will cover the spread.

Comment

• redblkwht
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I see the Philly D living up to expectations for thius game..
            I dont forsee a blowout either. 7 is a tough spread either way.

EUAS

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Lou
              the Eagles rarely get blown out
              I can think of a time just recently when they got blown out....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I just dont see the Eagles winning...and that's what worries me. No one saw the Pats beating the Rams either.

No way is it a blowout...I think Vegas has it right...Pats 28-21.
                Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  I can think of a time just recently when they got blown out....
                  Yeah they did. Was the only game (that mattered) in which they got blown out all year.

Comment

• redblkwht
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

BTW who picked Miami to beat NE??? ya never know, any given sunday
                    eh folks?

EUAS

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Final Prediction.

Patriots 34
                      Eagles 20

MVP - Troy Brown ( a TD catch and an INT)

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Weather Should be Fine for Super Bowl - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:12:17 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the weather forecast for Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville Sunday, Feb. 6, calls for sunny skies with a high of 66 degrees.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I'll be damned, I know this guy and the family for years and just read this. His brother Perry was my American History teacher in HS.

Unreal.

==================================================

Wyoming man to umpire in Super Bowl

Thursday, February 03, 2005

By Greg Johnson

The Grand Rapids Press

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Carl Paganelli got the call to make the calls in a Super Bowl.

The 44-year-old NFL umpire was named Tuesday to the seven-man crew of game officials selected to work Super Bowl XXXIX at Alltel Stadium on Sunday.

Paganelli, a federal probation officer in Grand Rapids and part of a well-known Wyoming sports and officiating family, will be working his first Super Bowl. He has officiated in the NFL for six years and previously worked four playoff games.

Paganelli's brother, Perry, has been a NFL back judge for seven years.

The NFL prohibits game officials from making comments to the media until the end of the season for security reasons.

Paganelli will be the umpire in a crew headed by referee Terry McAulay, a seven-year veteran who also has worked four playoff games. This is his first Super Bowl, too.

The umpire typically is in the middle of the field among the players on defense, and is in charge of huddle control and ball placement, among other things.

Carl and Perry are the sons of Carl Paganelli Sr., a former Wyoming city councilman who has officiated and directed officials at various levels of football. He has been a director of officials for the Mid-American Conference, directed officials in the Arena Football League and was the director of officials for the now-defunct XFL.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

T.O. start not certain in Super Bowl

February 4, 2005
                            JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Philadelphia Eagles receiver Terrell Owens might not start in the Super Bowl, coach Andy Reid said Friday in his final news conference before the title game against the New England Patriots.

``We've got it broken down into certain plays we'd like to see him in there,'' Reid said. ``If one of those happens to be the first play,'' Owens will start.

Owens has two screws and a plate in his right leg from a severely sprained ankle and a fractured fibula in a Dec. 19 victory over Dallas.

After missing the last two games of the regular season and playoff victories over Minnesota and Atlanta, Owens proclaimed himself ready to play in the Super Bowl.

In his first season with the Eagles after eight years in San Francisco, Owens led Philadelphia with 77 catches for 1,200 yards and 14 TDs and made the Pro Bowl.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he expects Owens to play -- and play his best.

``We've seen plenty of him. He's a good player,'' Belichick said. ``We know what he's capable of doing.''

Also Friday, Belichick said the team would fill its remaining spot by promoting offensive lineman Billy Yates to the 53-man roster. The team previously had only two tackles on the roster.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Bednarik wants Eagles to lose Super Bowl

By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer

February 4, 2005

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Chuck Bednarik holds a grudge only slightly larger than his legacy as the last of the 60-minute men.

Known for his hard-nosed play and big hits, Bednarik is just as well-known for his biting, blunt diatribes about today's NFL, Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and any other topic that reminds him the game isn't the same as when he played.

He also is protective of his Hall of Fame legacy. While he boasts about playing both center and linebacker for part of his 14-year career, Bednarik is equally as proud to have played on the last Eagles team to win a championship (1960).

That's why Bednarik will be rooting against the Eagles in the Super Bowl against New England. He has no desire to ever see the franchise win another title.

``I can't wait until the Super Bowl is over,'' said Bednarik, who played for the Eagles from 1949 to 1962. ``I hope the 1960 team remains the last one to win. I hope it stays that way.''

Bednarik admits he's jealous and resentful about the salaries and spotlight today's players receive, calling them ``overpaid and underplayed.'' Bednarik says he never made more than $27,000 and supplemented his income with an afternoon job selling concrete, earning him the nickname ``Concrete Charlie.''

Imagine the multimillion dollar endorsement deals and magazine covers for a 60-minute player today. Forget working for a concrete company. He could probably own one. Or five.

``How would you feel sitting there knowing what transpired when I played?'' said Bednarik, who lives in Coopersburg, Pa., and turns 80 in May.

Maybe Bednarik would keep his sentiments to himself if not for a dispute with the only team he ever played for.

Bednarik's acrimony stems from a 1996 visit with Lurie when he asked the Eagles owner to buy 100 copies of his book at $15 a pop, a total of $1,500, or ``tip money,'' as the Hall of Famer described it.

Bednarik wanted Lurie to give the books to the team. He says Lurie refused because the Eagles aren't allowed to give the team gifts.

Bednarik has since distanced himself from the Eagles, only reluctantly showing up for a reunion because the organization surprised him by agreeing to his demand for a limousine. Bednarik still watches football and likes Eagles coach Andy Reid because his stoic demeanor reminds him of Buck Shaw, the coach of the 1960 team.

``Andy's just a nice person,'' Bednarik said. ``When he first came here, he wanted to meet me.''

Appropriately, a man who worked in concrete forever cemented his stature as one of the legendary Eagles with two of the most celebrated hits in team history in 1960.

He knocked out New York's Frank Gifford with a blow so ferocious -- and legal -- that the Giants running back suffered a concussion and didn't play again until 1962. Then there was Bednarik's game-saving tackle of Green Bay's Jim Taylor on the final play of the '60 title game.

Bednarik refused to let Taylor up as the final seconds ticked off, allowing the Eagles to hang on for a 17-13 championship win on Dec. 26, 1960, in Franklin Field.

``Everybody reminds me of it and I'm happy they remind me of it,'' Bednarik said. ``I'm proud and delighted to have played in that game.''

Bednarik recalled playing on all but two kickoffs against the Packers. He said he could have kept playing if he needed to, unlike today's players who ``suck air after five plays.''

In 1996, Deion Sanders played regularly on both offense and defense for the Cowboys, becoming the NFL's first two-way starter since Bednarik in 1962. Bednarik was not impressed.

``The positions I played, every play, I was making contact, not like that ... Deion Sanders,'' Bednarik said. ``He couldn't tackle my wife. He's back there dancing out there instead of hitting.''

No topic is off limits for Bednarik, not even the crazed Eagles fans who paint their faces, sing the fight song and camp out early for the perfect tailgate spot on home games.

``The fans were for us, but these people are nuts,'' he said. ``It wasn't like that then. Nobody would get there at 6 a.m. and wait and do all that. ... No way. To me, they're nuts.''

Some would say the same thing about Bednarik.

Tommy McDonald, a Hall of Fame receiver who played with Bednarik from 1957-62, remains an avid Eagles supporter (he offered to suit up if Terrell Owens can't go) and has grown tired of Bednarik's act.

``I don't know how many times I've said, 'C'mon, Chuck. Get over it.' He won't let it go,'' McDonald said.

While McDonald says he recently rejected an offer to sell his championship ring for $5,000, Bednarik pawned the same ring and his Hall of Fame ring for needed cash.

``I'm not struggling, but I'm not that well off,'' Bednarik said. ``I have my wedding ring. I don't need to wear nothing else. It paid for some of my income tax. I never had a child go to school here and my school tax is $5,116. School tax!''

Bednarik receives a football pension check, but, not surprisingly, he said it isn't enough.

``It stinks,'' Bednarik said. ``It's nothing.''

The winning players in Sunday's Super Bowl will get a bonus that is more than Bednarik ever made in a season. He just hopes the Eagles won't be the ones cashing those checks.

``They can root for 'em, but I want us to be the last champions,'' he said.

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

Watching two groups of men in spandex spank a dead pigs' skin while slapping each other's asses, and jumping on top of each other isn't my cup of tea when so much hi-caliber ammunition out there is so abundantly cheap and will solve any contest immediatley.

Football sux and only GAY HOMOCENTROEROTICS could be obsessed with it.

Admit your gayness now, Gentlemen.

Confess.

Comment

Working...