• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hecubus
    Fookin' a baybee!!!

My Sharkies clinched & are comin' after the Red Wings!!!

Fuckin' Red Wings....
    Congrats dude! The Sharks have their first 100 point season.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Full Bug
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

Bug, if the season ended today: Devils vs. Toronto in Round 1.
      Maybe, but we meet Ottawa again on saturday, that will have meaning, damm, what a fight going on in this conference, nobody can predict what will happen this week......
      Owen Nowen hurt his knee this week, that sucks, the Leafs always get the injury bug before the playoff's, worries me.....
      As far as NJ, no problem......
      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

I'm gonna get a Playoff thread going at Von's soon EVH, might want to visit it......
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Absolutely nothing like playoff hockey....

All-out wars.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

DENVER -- Wearing a brace from his chin to his chest, Steve Moore walked into a news conference Monday and said he doesn't remember the hit that knocked him out for the season -- and might have ended his NHL career.

When the announcer said Steve Moore was at Monday's game, Moore got a standing ovation.
            The Colorado Avalanche forward still has a red welt under his right eye, but he wore a broad smile while speaking to the media for the first time since Vancouver's Todd Bertuzzi sucker-punched him during a game on March 8.

"I feel very fortunate to be able to be here today, to be able to walk in here today," 25-year-old Moore said before Colorado's game against Los Angeles. "I don't know whether I'll be able to play again, but I remain optimistic. I'm more fortunate just to be alive and to take one day at a time."

Moore waved to the crowd from one of the luxury boxes in the first period after he was welcomed back by the public-address announcer. The fans gave him a standing ovation that lasted more than a minute, and players from both teams tapped their sticks on the ice.

Moore suffered two broken vertebrae, a concussion and facial lacerations when Bertuzzi punched him from behind and drove his head into the ice. The hit was believed to be retaliation for a check by Moore in February that knocked Canucks' star Markus Naslund out for three games.

Bertuzzi was suspended for the rest of the season and the playoffs, and Vancouver police are looking into assault charges against him. He also must apply to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman for reinstatement before he can play again.

Moore said he has not spoken to Bertuzzi and hasn't heard his public apology, and he avoided questions about Bertuzzi's punishment but did say the hit was over the line.

"I think that type of stuff doesn't have any place in the game," he said. "We have a tremendous game, this game of hockey, and I think this incident has made the image of this game suffer. That's unfortunate, and I sincerely hope nothing like this ever happens again."

Canucks general manager Brian Burke was glad to see Moore up and walking around.

"On behalf of the entire Canucks organization, I'd like to wish Steve a quick and full recovery," Burke said in a statement. "I was pleased to see him looking better today, and we hope to hear good things about his status in the near future."

Burke said the organization wouldn't comment on the incident again until after the season.

Moore doesn't recall being punched or remember the 20 minutes before or after he was struck -- his first memory was lying in the medical room in Vancouver's arena.

"I can't explain how scary it is to wake up to a nightmare," he said. "I'm playing a game, and the next thing I know I'm lying in a room with medical personnel standing over me. I have a neck brace on and having my equipment cut off of me, and I am strapped down and really have no idea on what was going on. It was pretty scary."

Moore is up and walking after leaving a Denver hospital last week, but he still has limited mobility and has yet to start rehabilitation. He hopes to join the Avalanche on the road during the playoffs but doesn't want to push too hard.

"Since that game in Vancouver, my main concern has just been to regain my full health and take one day at a time," Moore said. "I am certainly anxious for my injuries to heal, and I'm anxious to get going on the rehab and hopefully get back to playing."

Moore said that his apartment is filled with banners, cards and pictures and that he has received good wishes from across North America and places as far away as Germany and Australia.

"I've even received a bouquet of flowers from Kuwait," he said. "So it's been pretty amazing and it's been very uplifting for me. It's been pretty powerful to know that this many people care."
            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Full Bug
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Great to see him doing better, hopefully he will be able to play again one day....

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Devils have pulled even with the Flyers!

Comment

• Full Bug
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                  The Devils have pulled even with the Flyers!
                  And this is good because......

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                    And this is good because......
                    ...... I'd like to win the division and get a higher seed and home ice. But, why do I think that you already knew that? :p

Actually, not including last year the Devils are very strong on the road in the playoffs. In '95 and '00 they won 10 games on the road.

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

First place Devils heading into the last day of the season.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

And WOO-HOO, the Pens clinched last place !!!

48.2 pct. chance of getting Ovechkin !!!!

But alas, knowing our luck, we still won't get the #1 pick...

Even if we don't, we can't select lower than #2, which would let the Pens select Malkin, who ain't chopped liver either.... As a matter of fact, I've read some reports that Malkin has improved so much that he's not far away from Ovechkin in terms of overall talent....

But if get Ovechkin, with Fleury in goal, things are looking up...
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Toronto smoked Ottawa last night and got home ice, a sign of things to come for sure.....

Comment

• PHOENIX
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Toronto smoked Ottawa last night and got home ice, a sign of things to come for sure.....
                            Habs Vs Leafs in playoffs.

Comment

• Full Bug
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX
                              Habs Vs Leafs in playoffs.
                              Is that offical? I heard that wont be deceided until later today, Habs or Ottawa, havent picked up the paper yet today.....

Comment

• PHOENIX
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

Is that offical? I heard that wont be deceided until later today, Habs or Ottawa, havent picked up the paper yet today.....
                                We'll find out today. That would be a good playoff series. Real fucking hockey man.

Comment

Working...