X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Also, you heard it here first (if it doesn't come true, just forget I said it ), Calgary will upset the Deadwings....
    HMMMMMMMMMMM.............

Two down, two to go....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

BIG wins for the Leafs and Avs. Though I think the Avs are done anyway.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
        Though I think the Avs are done anyway.
        Go to DDLR.com and tell Von that, he loves to hear how the Avs are done....
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Habs out in 4 straight Phoenix, hows that for a kick in the nutsack eh?
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Hecubus
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

OK...the NHL has to stay off the fucking ice....

a 4 minute minor for high sticking Selanne with 1 minute left in regulation?? Good Gawd y'all!! That wasn't blood it was that bitch's lipstick!!

$100 says he bit his own lip while laying on the ice covering his face to draw the double minor.....

I guess Forsberg can shut the fuck up now about the refs...

Ah well, it's better to see 'em clinch @ home anyway!!
            "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
            "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
            "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
            "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
            "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
            "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
            "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
            "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Full Bug
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Yeah, I saw that, what bullshit, I hate it when the refs deceide the outcome of the game....

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                And, I think Detroit's going down.
                HA! HA! HA! HA! Not a fuckin chance! It's 2-2 now, it'll be 3-2 by the time they get done with the flamers at the Joe tomorrow night!

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Leafs, Flyers 2-2. Tampa is loving it. They want it to go 7 and each of the next 3 games go into triple OT.
                  Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Also, you heard it here first (if it doesn't come true, just forget I said it ), Calgary will upset the Deadwings....
                    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............ Three down, one to go !!!!!!
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I think you can put a fork in Detroit they're done.

Comment

• Hecubus
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

I think I need the hugest bong hit after the Sharks lost twice to the Avs in OT...

Fucking Sakic. ARRRRRRGH!!!

That dish from Forsberg was oh, so sweet tho from a hockey fan's perspective.

And since I've turned on the Leafs/Flyers game there has been 3 goals & one post hit in the last 10 minutes.

Oh yeah, and that goalie change.

BEEEELFOOOOUUUUR!!! BEELLLLLLFOUUUURRRR!!!!

SCRUM!! SCRUM!!
                        "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                        "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                        "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                        "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                        "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                        "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                        "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                        "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                        "N--- yeah."

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Yzerman undergoes surgery; out indefinitely

Canadian Press

5/2/2004

DETROIT (AP) - Detroit captain Steve Yzerman is out indefinitely after undergoing 4 hours of surgery for a scratched cornea and broken bone just below his left eye.

Yzerman is expected to make a full recovery, the Red Wings said in a statement Sunday, adding that he will be unavailable to comment for a week.

Yzerman was hurt when he was hit in the face with a puck during Detroit's 1-0 loss to Calgary on Saturday night.

He experienced blurred vision in his eye, but that improved after the surgery on his orbital bone.

Yzerman, who will turn 39 on May 9, has a franchise-record 70 playoff goals and 181 points in his 20 seasons with the Red Wings. In regular-season games, he's the sixth-leading scorer in NHL history.

He was hit midway through the second period of Game 5 and needed help getting off the ice.

The Red Wings fell behind 1-0 shortly after Yzerman was injured, and that was the only goal of the game. Calgary leads the best-of-seven Western Conference semifinal series 3-2 and can eliminate the top-seeded Red Wings at home on Monday.

``He's been a tremendous leader and now it's up to us to step up,'' centre Kris Draper said after practice Sunday. ``Let's go out and play a great game for him because he's done so much for us.''

The injury came after a shot by Red Wings defenceman Mathieu Schneider ricocheted off someone in front of the Calgary net and hit Yzerman squarely in the face as he stood to the left of the goal.

Yzerman, who doesn't wear a face shield, immediately dropped to the ice. He kicked his legs in pain as he was sprawled out.

After being down for a couple minutes, with the crowd watching in stunned silence, Yzerman was helped to the dressing room as a towel was held near his left eye. He didn't return to the game.

If Detroit fails to advance against Calgary, Yzerman may have played his last game because of the NHL's looming labour problems. A long lockout could lead to his retirement.

``I plan on playing next year, but the collective bargaining agreement will determine that,'' Yzerman said just before the playoffs started. ``I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I'm prepared to wait a year.''

Some thought the 10-time all-star and 1998 Conn Smythe winner as playoff MVP would choose to end his storied career last year, but he said it wasn't an option he considered.

He missed the first 66 games of the 2002-03 season following a knee surgery - usually reserved for retirees - that involved sawing into the bone below his knee and using a wedge to realign the joint.

Detroit forward Darren McCarty said Sunday that he hopes the game wasn't Yzerman's last.

``He's been the strength and pillar of this hockey club for longer than I've been here. It'll be in the back of our minds,'' McCarty said.

Comment

• PHOENIX
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                            Habs out in 4 straight Phoenix, hows that for a kick in the nutsack eh?
                            Montreal is still a bigger legend in Canada than the Leafs.

No matter what the Leafs do Montreal will always have more Stanley Cup wins than them.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Flames eliminate Wings in OT thriller

Canadian Press

5/4/2004

CALGARY (CP) - Martin Gelinas scored at 19:13 of the first overtime to give the Calgary Flames a 1-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings and a victory in their playoff series.

Gelinas punched a rebound past sprawled Red Wings goalie Curtis Joseph to give the Flames a 4-2 victory in the Western Conference semifinal series.

Flames players piled off the bench and mobbed Gelinas in the corner as fans jumped in the aisles.

``It was a great team game,'' Gelinas said. ``It was just hard work in the corner.

``I'm just happy to be in the right place. If it wasn't me, it would have been one of my teammates.''

Said Flames captain Jarome Iginla: ``This is awesome. There hasn't been anything like this that I've experienced in the NHL ... It was awesome to see that goal go in.''

Gelinas is the first player in NHL history to end three playoff series' with overtime goals. He eliminated the Vancouver Canucks in the first round with an overtime goal in Game 7 and beat out Toronto in the third-round in 2002 while playing for Carolina.

On Monday, the teams played 60 minutes of scoreless, wide-open, fast-skating hockey with some spine-tingling goaltending and bone-jarring hits.

The Flames outshot Detroit 13-4 in the third period and only some hair-raising stops by Joseph kept Calgary off the scoreboard.

``It was a great series for us,'' Flames coach Darryl Sutter said.

One of his best came after Iginla went end-to-end, almost lost the puck in the Detroit zone, but still got off a shot that Joseph stopped with his right leg.

During the game Joseph also got a pad on an Iginla backhand on a power play, stopped Jordan Leopold's blast from the point and stoned Shean Donovan on a two-on-one breakaway in the game's opening minute.

Early in the second period Gelinas backhanded a shot off the post on a breakaway.

One of Flames goalie Miikka Kiprusoff's best saves came in the second period when he blocked Kris Draper's hard shot from just outside the crease.

``There's a couple things we didn't do, we didn't score a goal,'' said Red Wings coach Dave Lewis. ``You can't win a hockey game if you don't score a goal.''

In the third period their was a gasp from the sellout crowd of 19,289 as Kiprusoff got a piece of another Draper shot, then watched as the puck dribbled past the open corner of the net.

``They had more skill but we worked extremely hard and it paid off tonight,'' said Gelinas. ``Everybody's been chipping in at different times and it's been fun.''

The red-clad crowd roared and cheered throughout the game, turning the Saddledome into the Thunderdome. Chants of ``Go Flames Go'' rumbled out of the stands like an avalanche rolling down the Rockies.

``They were great,'' Sutter said of Calgary's fans. ``Do you know what's best about it? Winning the series in front of them.''

Calgary was also forced into overtime in Game 6 of their opening round series against Vancouver. The Flames battled back from a 4-0 deficit but lost 5-4 in triple overtime.

They then won Game 7 on another OT goal by Gelinas. The Flames also won the opening game against Detroit 2-1 in overtime.

``This is exciting,'' Iginla said. ``It feels great to be part of this team.''

Calgary thought it had scored midway through Monday night's first period. The puck went into the goal but the net had been pushed off the moorings.

Calgary argued Detroit's Kirk Maltby had pushed the net off on purpose. The referee disagreed but gave Maltby a delay of game penalty.

Both sides dealt out some heavy hits. Calgary's Ville Nieminen, who was suspended for one game after running over Joseph in Game 4, rammed Maltby's head into the glass.

Detroit's mountain of a defenceman Derian Hatcher lowered the boom on Matthew Lombardi, flattening the Calgary rookie with an elbow to the head which raised the ire of the home-town crowd. There was choruses of ``Hatcher sucks'' every time he touched the puck.

``Defensively I don't think we could play any better,'' Lewis said. ``Curtis when we broke down was probably even better than anyone could have expected ... Curtis can't score goals.''

Detroit played the game without captain Steve Yzerman and veteran defenceman Chris Chelios.

Yzerman was out for the season after being hit in the face by a puck during Calgary's 1-0 win in Detroit Saturday. Chelios missed his fourth game with either an arm or shoulder injury.

The Red Wings, who have won three Stanley Cups since 1997, were swept from the opening round of last year's playoffs by Anaheim. Detroit, which operates with a $75 million US payroll, finished the regular season with 109 points and won the President's Trophy for the best record in the NHL.

They beat Nashville in six games in the opening round of the playoffs.

The Flames, who have a $36 million payroll, finished sixth in the Western Conference with 94 points to make their first playoff appearance in eight years. They beat Vancouver in seven games to win their first playoff series since Calgary's 1989 Stanley Cup champion.

Calgary will play the winner of Colorado-San Jose for the right to go to the Stanley Cup final.

``There isn't one hero,'' Sutter said of his. ``They all did a great job.''

Notes: Over 50 media crowded into the Flames dressing room after Monday's morning skate ... The Red Wings rallied from a 3-2 series deficit to beat Colorado in the 2002 Western Conference final ... Kiprusoff allowed just seven goals in Calgary's first eight wins during the playoffs ... The Flames lost 45 of 70 faceoffs in Saturday's Game 5.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Flames eliminate Wings in OT thriller

God Damnit!!!!!!

Comment

Working...