Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

The Flames equipped with three Finns are in the Finals!!!

Excellent...Craig Conroy, set up a couple of goals and won something like 17 out of 23 faceoffs he took...
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Full Bug
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Mark my words, the Flames will win the Cup, you heard it here first...
      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Bob_R
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
        Mark my words, the Flames will win the Cup, you heard it here first...
        Your words are marked. :p
        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Flames up 1 game to none. I say it goes 6 or 7 games.
          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I say it goes to 6, Calgary wins....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

We're tied at one game apiece heading to Calgary.

Comment

• Full Bug
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Looking forward to a game in Calgary, that crowd is going to be LOUD!

Comment

• Full Bug
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

The rating in the States are the shits, but we knew that was coming....
                  -------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (AP) -- Calgary's 4-1 win over Tampa Bay on Tuesday night tied for the lowest-rated Stanley Cup finals game on ESPN since 1990.

Game 1 was watched by an average of 1,013,000 people and had a rating of 1.1. Of the 34 Stanley Cup finals game the network has televised since 1990, only Game 2 of last year's series between New Jersey and Anaheim had a rating as low.

Last year's Game 1 had a 1.4 rating.

In contrast, the game between the Flames and the Lightning was the second-highest rated NHL game ever on Canadian network CBC, drawing over 3 million viewers.

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                    The rating in the States are the shits, but we knew that was coming....
                    -------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (AP) -- Calgary's 4-1 win over Tampa Bay on Tuesday night tied for the lowest-rated Stanley Cup finals game on ESPN since 1990.

Game 1 was watched by an average of 1,013,000 people and had a rating of 1.1. Of the 34 Stanley Cup finals game the network has televised since 1990, only Game 2 of last year's series between New Jersey and Anaheim had a rating as low.

Last year's Game 1 had a 1.4 rating.

In contrast, the game between the Flames and the Lightning was the second-highest rated NHL game ever on Canadian network CBC, drawing over 3 million viewers.
                    Thanks Bug. I love how hockey is so loved in Canada I think that's great. I'm not surprised by those figures at all.

The thing that irks me the most is that 'most' people who despise hockey do not even know 'a thing' about the sport. They just say they despise it because it's commonplace to not follow and despise hockey.

Ignorance at it's finest.

Comment

• Hecubus
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                      Thanks Bug. I love how hockey is so loved in Canada I think that's great. I'm not surprised by those figures at all.

The thing that irks me the most is that 'most' people who despise hockey do not even know 'a thing' about the sport. They just say they despise it because it's commonplace to not follow and despise hockey.

Ignorance at it's finest.
                      Dude,

Totally agree. And how the hell is it ever supposed to get a good rap if the sportscasters who don't give a rat's ass knock it so badly.

Hockey players have the toughest jobs in pro sports. Bar none.

82+ games a year with full speed contact and swinging sticks around at a rock solid puck going 100 miles an hour? Compared to that Pro football players are pussies.
                      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hecubus
                        Dude,

Totally agree. And how the hell is it ever supposed to get a good rap if the sportscasters who don't give a rat's ass knock it so badly.

Hockey players have the toughest jobs in pro sports. Bar none.

82+ games a year with full speed contact and swinging sticks around at a rock solid puck going 100 miles an hour? Compared to that Pro football players are pussies.
                        Couldn't agree with you more buddy.

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Tampa with a shutout 1-0. It's 2 games apiece heading back to Florida.

Comment

• tobinentinc
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

This series is getting better all the time (i know last game only had 1 goal). I'm guessing more scoring the next few games. Solid play thus far, nothing too cheap. Let's hope it just gets better from here.
                            http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• Hecubus
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2004

Whoa. Calgary just won it in OT. Helluva game.

Let's see if they can close the deal @ home on Sat.

Personally, if I'm not going to have a season to watch next year, I'd like this thing to go 7.
                              "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                              "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                              "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                              "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                              "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                              "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                              "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                              "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                              "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Mr GrumpyAss
                                Groupie
                                • May 2004

Nice OT win by the Flames. But I think Sutter is right in his press interview. The Flames were not wanted in the finals. All I have to say to those who believe that is, to god dam bad!
                                Why wasn't the hit from behind called on the Tampa player tonight? Neimier gets a 5 min major and a suspension for the same hit! Bull shit if you ask me.Warrener gets a bull shit holding the stick penalty, you really have to wonder if the officials know how to call a game if they call that,but not the hitting from behind. The Flames need to wrap this up at home on Saturday.

PS. Im not to sure on the correct spelling of the players names,please bear with me.

Comment

Working...