X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I'm not fucking anti-american...but I want an american to win it...
    :confused:

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

SMITH will take it. Of course, Pretty Boy could be the big surprise. They are spending an awful lot of time setting him up as the villain. That means the audience may have something to hate for more than just one more episode...

If I were editing the show, I would have set it up the way it is because Pretty Boy beats Smith and brings down the spirit of the West team. That's how I see it just based on the editing they've shown so far.

BTW, SMITH was not a pussy for backing out. He was smart to not be pushed into it.

Anyway, I really don't know. At the very least, it will be those two just based on the editing that leads up to it. No other possibly contenders have been set up for next episode.

I was really shocked to see REID lose. I really wanted him to win.

This show will NOT go the De Hoya route. It's already much better.
      Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I don't know what the De La Hoya Route is...lmfao...since I don't even remember that show was on...

I'm wondering what kind of crack these guys are going to get after this show is over...

hopefully...they'll come out with some Sugar Ray sponsored management...and won't get wrung into a big payday...big loss fight with someone that will outclass them...

you gotta do this show...fight one lead in fight that's more than 5 rounds (although I'm assuming the contender crown fight will be a full 10 rounds)...

then capitalize on that win with a title shot...

you have to wonder though...how much the winner of this whole deal will be helped by the fact that you don't have time to train for the guys you are fighting...

does anyone think that Reid or Manfredo lose with a full 3 months of training?

no way...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Yeah, but don't you think these guys have probably been doing hardcore training for the months leading up to the show anyway? How is that different from training for a normal big fight? The only focus they DON'T have (which is admittedly major) is the focus on that one single opponent, with months of studying moves, weaknesses, etc.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Okay. Showtime (again).

I hope Smith fights, and I hope he kicks PRETTY BOY's ass.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Rikk
              Yeah, but don't you think these guys have probably been doing hardcore training for the months leading up to the show anyway? How is that different from training for a normal big fight? The only focus they DON'T have (which is admittedly major) is the focus on that one single opponent, with months of studying moves, weaknesses, etc.
              And that makes a difference...

I think it truly takes a good bit of time and shit talk to get good boxers away from taking a fighter lightly...like the first fight...

I think...no doubt in my mind...the guy that won...wasn't the better fighter...just the more hungry...

Of course...GREAT fighters are always ready...

you know...imagine the money in some of the rematches this show will spawn...

Christ...if I was Sugar Ray...I'd already have the fucking card set and ready to go on the undercard of the main fight...

or...for the winner of the shows first title fight...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I'm not going to watch at 8:00...taping it...

going to watch it much later tonight...

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah, it's on an hour earlier in Toronto.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    And that makes a difference...

I think it truly takes a good bit of time and shit talk to get good boxers away from taking a fighter lightly...like the first fight...

I think...no doubt in my mind...the guy that won...wasn't the better fighter...just the more hungry...

Of course...GREAT fighters are always ready...

you know...imagine the money in some of the rematches this show will spawn...

Christ...if I was Sugar Ray...I'd already have the fucking card set and ready to go on the undercard of the main fight...

or...for the winner of the shows first title fight...
                    Oh no doubt. I still think REID was a better fighter than JESSE. These reality shows are more than anything great promotion for tons of products. And no show has better promotion for characters as products than this one. THE APPRENTICE may be advertising for usually good executives...but in terms of entertainment or sports figures to sell later, this is it.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

It's really hard to say about Reid...He looked better physically...

but Jesse is an unknown...and he was fucking tenacious...he kept Reid from dancing away...and charged him...was in better overall shape I think...

He's a darkhorse...

you watch...

The guy that won the first fight...will get sandblasted in the second fight...

Jesse will be around...unless one of the top guys goes after him...and DOESN'T take him lightly...

like Sugar Shay...

if Shay wins tonight...I think he becomes the #1 guy...and they'll start building up the rivalry between the two...

I saw a special on the dude that killed himself...and they showed a flash of him in the ring with Peter Manfredo in his corner...

It looks like some of the old guys come back throughout...interesting...

Comment

• Troy
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Great show. Even the loon is into it.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Ishe and Ahmed (sp?) is a go ...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Amhed ... and a pretty smokin' girlfriend ...

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                              Amhed ... and a pretty smokin' girlfriend ...

Yeah,

She was hot fo sho. However, that fight blew goat balls. That was pretty weak and not exciting whatsoever.
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

I kind of enjoyed watching pretty boy get his butt whupped. I like how he declared himself the winner when it was all over. Some people need to allow themselves a bit of shame...

Excuse me, I'm just turning my MOLLY HATCHET CD up a bit. I haven't heard this thing in years...just inspired by the death of Danny Joe Brown.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...