Monday Night Football heading to ESPN after 2005?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I don't know that ESPN would do any better or worse...it really would all depend on who the fuck they had in the booth...

I'd love for them to go out and get some guys we've never fucking heard of before...or try and snag similarities to the early team...

Hmmmm...maybe get Favre for the Meredith roll...

I don't know...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• CROWBAR
      Commando
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
      Gowdy ... another good one ...

Was watching the Monday Night Game when Cosell called one of the Redskins a "little monkey", want to say Joe Washington, but might not have been. Smallish, fast offensive player.
      Are you sure that was the comment? Seems like I remember Cosell making a racist comment and saying, "Look at that mookie run"! With Cosell, you never knew what the guy would say. I could be wrong about that statement, that's been yrs. ago! I'm certainly old enough to remember some of the old commentators, Gowdy I always liked. Summeral for sure with Madden were good. Meredith & Gifford with Cosell. Fuck I'm Old!

I would agree with the comments about Theisman! Get him out of there! Also, Dan Isadork, the stupidest guy ever let in the booth! Hate that guy!

I think it might be a good thing to move MNF, it's gotten stale these past few years.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by CROWBAR
        Are you sure that was the comment? Seems like I remember Cosell making a racist comment and saying, "Look at that mookie run"! With Cosell, you never knew what the guy would say. I could be wrong about that statement, that's been yrs. ago!
        No, it was definitely "monkey"....

Such an overblown situation, totally unecessary....

If you get a chance, the HBO special on Cosell comes on every once in a while, check it out....

They spend a lot of time of that situation....

They interviewed his grandson, who stated that when he was a little boy several times Cosell would call him a monkey....

They also showed a college football clip of a WHITE running back on a handoff when Cosell called him a monkey....

Moreover, Cosell was quite often called a N***** Lover because of his backing of Muhammad Ali....

So the inference of any racial undertones when he called Alvin Garrett a monkey was just ridiculous....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

lol ... many did wonder how he and Ali could be in the same room ...

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

The Stones' smash hit offa Let It Bleed was a firestorm of cuntroversy as well.

.....I'm a cold Italian Pizza
            I could use a lemon squeezah!

I'm a Monkayyyyyyyyyy!

Comment

• VHdamaco
              Foot Soldier
              • Nov 2004

no mention of the greatest mnf tandem of them all?

fouts, miller and michaels?

thats the can't miss team...

whatta bunch of jack offs they were
              Don't FUCK With Greatness...

Comment

Working...