Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I think Bettis will get a bit more than he was getting, pre-hammy injury....

Also depends on the game of course... If they're up a couple of TD's, I can see the Bus doing a lot more, to be on the safe side....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

So the question would be...who would Cowher try and save?

Staley...Bettis or both?

Do you think Bettis would come in with a lead?...or do you think that Haynes would come in saving both...

My guess here is that Cowher is going to do everything possible to make sure that both are healthy...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Damn...Burress' stock is really rising...I was reading articles yesterday that Burress...right now...is higher than Harrison on many teams radars...including the Colts...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I think most definitely he would protect Staley's hammy.... Bettis' knee is just a nagging injury, not serious at all.... So yeah, if they get a decent lead, I'd look for Bettis/Haynes to share the load, and Staley to put on his baseball hat....

I can't see Burress being about Harrison.... Harrison is just too steady, too consistent.... He doesn't have those games like Burress does every so often, where he drops a couple of balls and spaces out....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

No Va...but he has proven under the right circumstances...and more importantly...with the right QB...he can be a gamebreaker...

and Va...he has one thing that Harrison doesn't...youth...

If Pittsburgh doesn't sign him now...he's a goner...

and say what you want about him...but Plax's deep threat makes a lot of that offense more successful...

I think they should have dealt him in the offseason...but...they didn't...and you don't mess with success...

Randal El is a great slot guy...but he's not the presence that Burress OR Ward is...

Pittsburgh is in a world of hurt...

Burress, Ward, Bell (although that might be a non-issue) and Vincent all free agents...

that's a lot of cash right there...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Ward's not a free agent until after next year, they've already said he's top priority going into the offseason....

I agree that Burress is starting to concern me, although I think they can sign both WR's....

Let's not forget, they can make Burress the franchise player and sign him for a year... They just would have to pay him the average of the top 5 WR's next year.... I think he'd get that money anyway via free agency....

I think Hartings will be gone, he makes a pretty penny....

I think the same is true for Scott (good riddance).....

I also think that Bell can be resigned at a substantial discount now that he's a walking pulled muscle....

And, even though he's proven a lot of people wrong this year, I think this is it for Bettis....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Well...maybe a sign of the future this weekend...with Burress on the bench...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Here's the thing...yeah...you can franchise Burress...and I suspect they might...

but to sign the guy longterm...you're looking at signing bonuses up to 10 million clams...

and you know WARD is looking for the same thing...and there's no way you can give 2 guys a 10 million dollar bonus without shafting your cap space for years...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Stranger things have happened....

You know how they shuffle contracts in the offseason to get under the cap....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I think Burress...off of this season...would easily get that money...

IF the rumors are true...and the Colts are looking at him instead of Harrison (although this would be a good Plax ploy to run up the #'s)...then he'll be making some cash...no doubt about it...

Hartings is the kind of guy you love to have...but with some good scouting...can be replaced for half the cost...the Steelers are good at doing it...although I'm sick of them playing with the line...

We agree on Scott...and I think so does Pittsburgh...

Bell/Discount...well...we'll see...

I don't mind Bettis on the bench...obviously he's done...but he may want to stay at a significant discount...unless someone calls and says...you can start...and I just can't see that happening...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Bettis already took a big discount this year....

After his performance this year, I don't see him doing it again....

Harrison isn't that much older than Burress, is he ??

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I think he's been around longer than Burress...

Burress is in his fifth year...

I've gotta thing that Harrison is 30 years old...at least...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

kinda funny when you look at Rice...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Harrison's 32...Plax has to be at least 6 years younger than him...

Comment

• aesop
                                Commando
                                • Oct 2004

Jerome's been loyal to Pittsburgh in his career to a level seldome seen in pro-sports anymore. He'll never forget that they gave him an opportunity after the Rams thought he was done. Unbeleivable. The only other sports figure that comes to mind is Super Mario, another Pittsburgher, as far as players being loyal beyond what is typical.

No matter what happens after this year, just remember, we couldn't have gone to the Super Bowl this year without him. Another Steeler headed for Canton OH. Gotta love it!
                                Yo Yo Yo

Comment

Working...