Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

It's amazing when you think about it...Bettis for the Rams...and he had one subpar year...ie...one year where he was being underutilized...

to get a 27 year old running back...who'd been to the probowl many 3 times...who had 1 bad year...for what...a 2nd or 3rd rounder...

amazing...a perfect fit for Pittsburgh...

similar to when they signed Ernest Jackson many years ago...for a 2nd rounder...I think from the Eagles...or the Chargers...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• aesop
      Commando
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      It's amazing when you think about it...Bettis for the Rams...and he had one subpar year...ie...one year where he was being underutilized...

to get a 27 year old running back...who'd been to the probowl many 3 times...who had 1 bad year...for what...a 2nd or 3rd rounder...

amazing...a perfect fit for Pittsburgh...

similar to when they signed Ernest Jackson many years ago...for a 2nd rounder...I think from the Eagles...or the Chargers...
      And similar to Duce. The Rooneys know how to pick up other's scraps better than anyone in the leauge.

Ben will be the same way. Getting him at 11 instead of panicking and giving away the farm to trade up: Brilliant!
      Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Well...I don't think Pittsburgh even had Roethlisberger on their radar...he was the number 1 rated QB in the draft...before the name of Manning took over...

then the question came to the number 2 QB...

and San Diego's pick...

they had no interest in Roethlisberger...or Manning...Shott coached the Senior Bowl last year...and fell in love with Rivers...

now Cowher also coveted Rivers...but I really only think because they thought Roethlisberger would be off the board...

Ben's only downfall going in was he'd only started 4 years...

he has a good arm...great size...decent movement...a good release...just not the experience...

Well...now he's 8-0 as a starter...so I'd say he's got the experience now...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Have to agree with that....

They would have taken Rivers had he been there....

And they preferred him as well....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Honest to christ though Va...aside from the obvious NC State deal...

I don't think they thought in a million years Roeth would be there...not even part of the equation...

The Rivers bonanza began with about a week to go before the draft...

then I thought Pittsburgh did some scramblin' to see if Roeth was the real deal...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

The Jags game scares the hell out of me....

Pumped up crowd in Fla., national TV, realistically the Jags last chance for a playoff berth....

Plax is gonna be a gametime decision.... I believe that he WON'T play, Cowher nearly downgraded him to doubtful on Friday, but didn't....

Duce is definitely starting, and they'll need him, to get to the outside on their good D-line.....

4 former Steelers in the Jags lineup.... Dwayne (burnt toast) Washington, Troy (stone hands) Edwards, Jason (lost a couple of steps) Gildon, and Fuuuuuuuuuuuu......
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

And of course...the interesting stat...

The Jags are 3-0 in prime time games against the Steelers...

and this Jags team is good...inconsistent...but good...

and...

FUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Comment

• aesop
                  Commando
                  • Oct 2004

Who's calling the game? It's always interesting listening to people butchering Fu's name.

"Fua....Fuammma...Mallaffico...Oh Fuck it! That long-haired Simoan..."
                  Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

What the hell is it...

Fuamata Ma'afala?

Or some shit like that...lmfao...

I still don't know if Cope knows it...lmfao...

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Man Oh man Pojo,

Did your boys just squeak out of that one!!!!

That Jax kicker almost made it!!!

WHEW!!!

Congrats man!!!
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• aesop
                        Commando
                        • Oct 2004

Holy hell...Are you kidding me?!? What a friggin' football game. Ben IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!! What a game. NFL Smackdown. Man there will be some bruised individuals tomorrow...

Hopefully that was Pittsburgh's 'lucky' game for season...It could've went either way.
                        Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

It was one hell of a football game. No fucking doubt about it.
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

And of course another one I couldn't watch in Toronto. Fuckin' hell.

Just knowing the score and seeing the highlights isn't always enough, though it's good to know they won.
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

It was a bruising game hombre...to say the least...

that 60 yard attempt was damn fucking close...but what can you say...

Pittsburgh beats a good Jax team...for the first time in prime time...

a good win...

I was expecting exactly what they got...Jax always gets up for them...

old division rivals...

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

So, is that it? Are they statistical definites now?
                                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...