Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Just wait, 3rd week, he'll show up...

No progress, but Steelers, Ward talk
    Saturday, August 13, 2005

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Despite their stance of not negotiating with players who are not in training camp, the Steelers continue to have discussions with the agents for holdout receiver Hines Ward and have talked directly to the four-time Pro Bowl performer.

Nonetheless, the Steelers are no closer to resolving their differences with Ward, who is seeking a contract extension, and are now being led to believe he eventually will report later in the season merely to play out the final year of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent.

Ward would have to report to the Steelers by the 10th week of the regular season and be on the 53-man roster for the final six games to be credited with fulfilling the final year of his contract.

Once he does that, he can become an unrestricted free agent and is free to sign with another team.

Ward's agent, Eugene Parker, could not be reached for comment.

A report on ESPN Thursday night said Ward is resigned to sitting out the first six games of the season before reporting. When asked yesterday about the report, coach Bill Cowher said, "I don't want to comment on that."
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I like how you say that like it's a good thing...

personally...if he sits out for even 1 game...fuck him...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

God I'm sick of these fuckers complaining about contracts and how their money isn't fucking guaranteed...fuck them all...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          I like how you say that like it's a good thing...

personally...if he sits out for even 1 game...fuck him...
          Where are you seeing that I think it's a good thing ??

IMO, he's gonna make his statement, and sit out a few weeks of training camp, which more and more players are doing now anyways...

His agents and the Steelers are already talking...

Once the 3rd week sets in, meaning only two weeks until opening day, they'll come to an agreement...

He'll get the rust off of his legs, play in the last two games, and everything will be forgotten....

I never said I'm happy about anything on his holdout, I'm just making a prediction....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

The article talked about how he's planning that he's going to miss games DURING the season...

and you came in and said...3rd week...he'll be back...

I figured you were talking 3rd week of the season...

Ah yes...the infamous Va predictions...

I'm making none here...IMO...nobody wins...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

LOL, so much for my predictions... 2 weeks off....

Ward ends holdout, reports to Steelers
              Monday, August 15, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Wide receiver Hines Ward has ended his contract holdout and reported to the team, sources told the Post-Gazette today.

The team has scheduled a press conference for 6:45 p.m. today, preceding tonight's exhibition game with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Ward held out the first two weeks of training camp when the two sides could not come to an agreement on a contract extension. The Steelers said they would not continue negotiations until he reported to camp.

"He's back. That's all I can tell you," the source told the Post-Gazette. "I think he'll be on the sidelines tonight."

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Will there be anything to talk about on tonight's Philly-Pitt game other than disgruntled WRs?

Should make for some big efforts for those vying for roles in each team's respective passing games.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Hines had a press conference about an hour ago...

I think he said "I want to retire as a Steeler" about 83 times....

Word is that the contract will be signed by the end of the week....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Oh fuck Va...we know you're just fucking plain off your rocker...

Good for Ward...finally waking up...and I think he'll get a contract worth his while...that may save the Steelers season...

shootout in Philly tonight...doesn't really mean anything without that Bitch Philly fan Lou here...but wtf...

Pittsburgh's first stringers dropped 2 TD's on Philly...defense and special teams that is...

WW with a int return...and Colclough with a punt return...then Ike Taylor with a kickoff return for a TD...

Pittsburgh's offense looked like ass though...not happy about that...but it's early yet...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      Oh fuck Va...we know you're just fucking plain off your rocker...
                      You may have something there...

Gotta take the 1st preseason game with a grain of salt...

The pass defense looked pourous on one hand, but on the other hand you realize that the defense will be very vanilla, as to not expose anything other than the basic crap...

The offense looked average as well...

Special teams of course looked good, let's hope that's a good sign...

I was impressed with the WR's, especially Nate Washington and Fred Gibson....

And how about Gibson's "Ward-like" block on Washington's catch ?? Just shellacked him....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

A note from Plax...what a fucking dildo...

The Steelers hold a special dark place in Plaxico Burress' heart. He acknowledges that he grew as a receiver in five seasons there, but said he started thinking of moving on after 2002, when he had 1,325 receiving yards. He totaled only 1,558 the next two seasons as Pittsburgh's offense became more run-based. "I played alongside a Pro Bowl receiver [Hines Ward], but I was the one going out every Sunday and getting double-teamed," Burress said.
                        -- Newsday

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Plax mentions "going out every Sunday..."

was there an alternate universe in which he played in more than half the games?

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Or make half the practices or mini-camps?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

and he's doing the same shit this year with the nicks and bruises...fucking pussy...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

And the dipshit could be a monster.

No heart or drive, just a check.

Comment

Working...