Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I like the idea of the Yanks getting a new stadium...

I hate the Yanks...but they are the prestige team of baseball...and love the idea of a stadium that has the GOOD parts of the Yank stadium after 1974...along with the stuff that should still be there from the original construction...

There are many things that are going to get moved right over...from the old field to the new field...

I do...question the 800 million dollar price tag though...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      The Yanks get a gift call on what should have been the 4th double play of the game in the 9th, what should have ended the game....
      I watched the game with my wife and son and they showed the replay a few times. He (Sheffield) was indeed out. It was close but he was out.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
        I watched the game with my wife and son and they showed the replay a few times. He (Sheffield) was indeed out. It was close but he was out.
        That's OK bro, us small market fans are used to it....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

5 in a row baybeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

The Yanks really took it to my team this weekend.

The way it looks right now, the only thing I'm going to be rooting for this year is Derrek Lee getting the triple crown.

Comment

• Figs
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                I do...question the 800 million dollar price tag though...

Hey, it's NY. Everything's expensive, everthing is overly litigated, plenty of bribes to be handed out, and what not. (cough..corruption...cough)

It sounds like a great project. I hope they finally put a Metro North stop there, the fucking train only comes within 100 yards of the stadium for Christ's sake - which is a good example of NY red tape and $$$$. The old style facade sounds great. I'm sure ticket prices will not be so great....

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The D-Rays broke the Yankees 6 game winning streak last night. Fossum pitched a masterful game for them.

Matsui remains on fire and was named Player of the Week.

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

What a fuckin' game. The Yanks scored 13 runs in the 8th inning to win 20-11. They once trailed 10-2 in this one. They hit back to back to back HR's in the 8th.

Piniella left the kid out to dry in the 8th. His ERA for that inning was 121.74 I believe.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Of course, you could look at it that Johnson got rocked by the Devil Rays....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        Of course, you could look at it that Johnson got rocked by the Devil Rays....
                        Nah. If he pitched well and the Yanks lost everyone would say that they lost anyway. In this instance they won anyway.

Nice spin huh bro?

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Jesus Christ the Yankees play like shit against the Devil Rays. :confused:

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Somebody put a fork in Bernie Williams...

Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Yankees are playing nowhere near their potential and yet they are only 5 1/2 games behind the Red Sucks.

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Steinbrenner: 'My patience is a little short'
                                _
                                NEW YORK (AP) - George Steinbrenner is growing impatient, a sign that changes are ahead for the New York Yankees.

It took a dramatic ninth-inning comeback Sunday to avoid getting swept by the New York Mets at Yankee Stadium, and even with Monday's 6-4 win at Baltimore the Yankees are 5 1/2 games behind first-place Boston in the AL East.

Team executives are due in Tampa, Fla., on Tuesday for meetings with the Boss that could be a prelude to trades aimed at improving poor pitching and disastrous defense.

"My patience is a little short by the fact that the team is not performing up to its great capabilities," Steinbrenner said in a statement issued by spokesman Howard Rubenstein. "The players have to want to win as much as I do."

Rubenstein said the Yankees owner dictated the statement to him while lifting weights. Steinbrenner wouldn't discuss the substance of the meetings.

"He hasn't lost his fighting spirit," Rubenstein said. "He said, 'We'll never give up.' He wants this message to be conveyed."

Manager Joe Torre got the message, and responded in the visitors' dugout at Camden Yards late Monday afternoon.

"It's been a roller-coaster. The team is frustrated. I'm frustrated," Torre said. "We'd be concerned if he was happy at this point. The players certainly aren't happy. We want to win.

"As the Boss, he can certainly say whatever he wants. We just have to play better baseball."

A team that left spring training expecting to dominate has been a sputtering ship that starts, stalls and reverses in repeated cycles. New York began the season 11-19, won 16 of 18, lost 11 of 14, opened a homestand with six straight wins, then lost five of six to Tampa Bay and the Mets before Sunday night.

With the regular season nearly at the halfway mark, the original starting rotation of Randy Johnson (7-5), Mike Mussina (8-5), Carl Pavano (4-6), Kevin Brown (4-6) and Jaret Wright (2-2) is 25-24, and Wright and Brown are on the disabled list.

New York's 4.52 team ERA through Sunday was 10th among the 14 AL teams, and the starters were 24th in the majors with a 4.75 ERA, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The staff allowed 740 hits, second in the AL behind the Devil Rays.

As for defense, the Yankees had 52 errors, tied with Cleveland for the fourth-most in the major leagues behind Colorado (63), Tampa Bay (61) and Detroit (60).

And at the plate, a sputtering offense stranded a major league-high 606 runners, including 125 at third base.

New York isn't counting on Wright to return this year from his shoulder injury, and Brown's balky back has landed him on the DL twice.

In the outfield, Bernie Williams' poor defense in center caused the Yankees to bring up rookie Kevin Reese on Sunday. With Williams out of the starting lineup following 14 straight starts and Hideki Matsui still bothered by a tender ankle, Reese started in left field in his major league debut and Tony Womack shifted from left to center, where he hadn't started since 1999.

Womack, taking a circuitous route, let Chris Woodward's fly land over his head for a double with two outs in the seventh, starting a rally that led to three unearned runs. Robinson Cano at second and Jason Giambi at first both made errors.

Matsui was played the outfield Monday for the first time since June 12, moving from designated hitter to left field. Womack was again in center, Ruben Sierra started in right and Gary Sheffield was shifted to DH.

For the Yankees to succeed, the Big Unit must become an overwhelming presence, Pavano must pitch better and Giambi (.258, five homers, 22 RBIs) must produce more. The defensive problems are unlikely to be solved unless there is a trade.

"Everybody is taking the hit here as far as emotionally," Torre said.

Even going to out to eat is problematic these days. That's food for thought.

"A lot of people are afraid to talk about it because they think you're so devastated that you don't want to talk about it," Torre said. "It's not until you start saying things that they relax. It's just uncomfortable in a lot of areas."

Comment

Working...