X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    -- Test Giambi for steriods. HA. Like he would be stupid enough to take them after being the first and only to admit taking them in the first place. Let's give the guy credit for standing up and accepting responsibilty.
    Are you kidding me? He has publicly admitted not one thing. His Grad Jury testimony was LEAKED to a newspaper...

And then he has a press conference where he says 'Im sorry...' but wont say what he's sorry for!

He hasnt stood up and accepted responsibility for anything! It's amazing how when a player puts on the pinstripes, Yankee fans get all weak in the knees and reality becomes a bit warped...

Let me just say that I hope he isnt back on the juice...but Don Mattingly isnt THAT good a hitting coach...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
      Are you kidding me? He has publicly admitted not one thing. His Grad Jury testimony was LEAKED to a newspaper...

And then he has a press conference where he says 'Im sorry...' but wont say what he's sorry for!

He hasnt stood up and accepted responsibility for anything! It's amazing how when a player puts on the pinstripes, Yankee fans get all weak in the knees and reality becomes a bit warped...

Let me just say that I hope he isnt back on the juice...but Don Mattingly isnt THAT good a hitting coach...
      Two more dingers tonight!

Yeah, Mattingly was a shitty hitter.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I never said that Mattingly wasnt a GREAT hitter...I respect Mattingly.

The best players dont always become the best coaches...that's nothing new...
        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Mattingly was a SUPERSTAR before he turned 25...

was a star before he turned 28...

and was Wally Joyner after that...

yeah...he was a great hitter...

I respect Donnie Baseball...but he was fucking ass overrated based on his early career...

He'll never make the hall...

He's a POOR MAN'S Dale Murphy...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            [B

He's a POOR MAN'S Dale Murphy... [/B]
            ...minus the strikeouts

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

What makes the difference about K's?

Murphy's On Base % was nearly identical...

K's are overrated if you are getting on base the same amount of times...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

It's funny...Murphy's average blew ass...but the fucker had nearly a .350 lifetime OBP...not above average per se...but certainly indicates a much more effective player than a lifetime .265 hitter...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Sheffield hits out at Jeter, media and Yankees

8/5/2005 10:41:36 AM

Gary Sheffield pulls no punches, lashing out the New York Yankees, the media and Derek Jeter in a published interview set to hit newsstands next week.

The outspoken Sheffield tells New York magazine that Jeter is not the leader of the Yankees.

"I know who the leader is on the team," he says, without naming names. "I know who the team feeds off. I know who the opposing team comes in knowing they have to defend to stop the Yankees."

Sheffield also blames the media for hyping Jeter and third baseman Alex Rodriguez ahead of other players on the team. Without naming them, Sheffield says the New York media portray the two superstars "in a positive light and everyone else is garbage".

While other players might look at the Yankees as a first class organization, the 17 year veteran says the team lacks family values, chemistry and trust.

"It's not a family-oriented team," Sheffield tells writer Stephen Rodrick. "In L.A., wives can fly on the plane; with the Yankees they can't. With other teams, the wives always have functions to bring them together. Not here."

As far as creating any chemistry within the team, Sheffield says the media are to blame for that as well.

"This is the first team I've been on where no one sits at their locker," he said. "It's where you build your chemistry from, how you get to know each other, just talking about life. I'm used to having six chairs around me, but here if there are six chairs, then there's going to be 20 reporters around me."

Sheffield adds he was insulted when the Yankees offered him a two year deal worth $18-million prior to last season.

"I just came off 39 home runs and 132 RBIs and you ain't got nobody on your team that can put up those numbers, and you ain't gonna get anyone who is going to," he said. "But George [Steinbrenner] asked me not to take it as an insult and kept pursuing me. I said, 'Fine, I don't have to speak to anyone in the organization to still do my job.'"

Sheffield eventually signed a three year deal worth $39-million.

Sheffield makes no apologies for his comments.

"Why shouldn't I tell the truth?" he tells the magazine. "I ain't trying to get no Pepsi commercial."

Link

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Yeah...I heard this on the radio today...

you have to wonder what the fuck these guys are thinking...

nothing like coming out with this shit right before the Pennant run...lmfao...

Comment

• ben halen
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2005

Re: Sheffield hits out at Jeter, media and Yankees

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                      8/5/2005 10:41:36 AM

Gary Sheffield pulls no punches, lashing out the New York Yankees, the media and Derek Jeter in a published interview set to hit newsstands next week.

The outspoken Sheffield tells New York magazine that Jeter is not the leader of the Yankees.

"I know who the leader is on the team," he says, without naming names. "I know who the team feeds off. I know who the opposing team comes in knowing they have to defend to stop the Yankees."

Sheffield also blames the media for hyping Jeter and third baseman Alex Rodriguez ahead of other players on the team. Without naming them, Sheffield says the New York media portray the two superstars "in a positive light and everyone else is garbage".

While other players might look at the Yankees as a first class organization, the 17 year veteran says the team lacks family values, chemistry and trust.

"It's not a family-oriented team," Sheffield tells writer Stephen Rodrick. "In L.A., wives can fly on the plane; with the Yankees they can't. With other teams, the wives always have functions to bring them together. Not here."

As far as creating any chemistry within the team, Sheffield says the media are to blame for that as well.

"This is the first team I've been on where no one sits at their locker," he said. "It's where you build your chemistry from, how you get to know each other, just talking about life. I'm used to having six chairs around me, but here if there are six chairs, then there's going to be 20 reporters around me."

Sheffield adds he was insulted when the Yankees offered him a two year deal worth $18-million prior to last season.

"I just came off 39 home runs and 132 RBIs and you ain't got nobody on your team that can put up those numbers, and you ain't gonna get anyone who is going to," he said. "But George [Steinbrenner] asked me not to take it as an insult and kept pursuing me. I said, 'Fine, I don't have to speak to anyone in the organization to still do my job.'"

Sheffield eventually signed a three year deal worth $39-million.

Sheffield makes no apologies for his comments.

"Why shouldn't I tell the truth?" he tells the magazine. "I ain't trying to get no Pepsi commercial."

Link
                      Sounds like 'roid rage.
                      HEY NOW!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

We'll soon find out if this team is anything like the '78 Yankees.
                          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental

Comment

• tjvhou812
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

did any1 see that kid fall over the raling into the net at the yanks game
                              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                                did any1 see that kid fall over the raling into the net at the yanks game
                                Yes I did. Actually I saw him on the net after he fell. He was pretty shaken up and he's one lucky dude.

Comment

Working...