X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    ...something struck me from that article...

"The negotiating teams are now working on salary arbitration, free agency, qualifying contract offers and other issues, any of which could be deal-breakers."

if people don't think it still may not get done...you need to rethink things...because IT MAY NOT WORK!

We'll see...and I'll wait with baited breath...
    We'll see. I had dinner the other night with friend. Her fiance is a big golfer in Western New York circles, and sometimes plays with SABRES' GM DARCY REGIER's son.

He has said that his father believes that it would be two years before hockey returns, and there would be many changes...

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hold the phone!

NHLPA denies report of salary cap deal
      Story Tools: Print Email
      FOXSports.com
      Posted: 10 hours ago

The NHL Players Association denied a report that the NHLPA and the league have agreed on a salary cap system, effectively eliminating the biggest stumbling block to ending the lockout and starting next season on time, according to USA Today.

"The NHLPA and NHL discussions this week continue to cover a range of issues such as controls on team salaries, revenue sharing, Olympic participation, the amateur player draft and player retention rights," NHLPA spokesman Jonathan Weatherdon reportedly told the newspaper.
      "While the parties continue to have discussions to reach a common ground, no agreements have been reached."

According to a report in the Globe and Mail, however, the two sides in the NHL labor dispute have agreed on a formula for a salary-cap system based on team-by-team revenue.

While the salary cap issue has been the most contentious during the negotiaions, the report is quick to point out that this agreement does not necessarily mean a new CBA is imminent. The two sides will still need to negotiate terms of salary arbitration, free agency, qualifying contract offers and other issues, any of which could lead to much longer delays.

"They still have a ways to go," one source told the Globe and Mail.

NHL vice president Bill Daly, the league's chief negotiator, declined to confirm or deny anything to the Globe and Mail, but he did say publicly on Tuesday that the negotiators had moved on to other issues.

A source with ties to both owners and players and another source close to the owners told the Globe and Mail there will be a team-by-team salary floor and cap based on a percentage of each team's revenue. The actual percentage is not known, but the league had been demanding "linkage" of 54 percent.

According to the report, in the first year of what is thought to be a six-year deal, based on revenue projections by both sides, the salary cap will range from $34 million to $36 million, with the floor from $22 million to $24 million.

It remains to be seen how the percentage of revenue will be applied to each team, since there is a large disparity in revenue among the teams in the NHL, several with severe financial difficulties.

There will also be a luxury-tax system midway beween the cap floor and cap ceiling.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Most Toronto fans are waiting with baited breath for the Leafs to return. Personally, I'm just waiting for NFL to start.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
          Hold the phone!

NHLPA denies report of salary cap deal
          Story Tools: Print Email
          FOXSports.com
          Posted: 10 hours ago

The NHL Players Association denied a report that the NHLPA and the league have agreed on a salary cap system, effectively eliminating the biggest stumbling block to ending the lockout and starting next season on time, according to USA Today.

"The NHLPA and NHL discussions this week continue to cover a range of issues such as controls on team salaries, revenue sharing, Olympic participation, the amateur player draft and player retention rights," NHLPA spokesman Jonathan Weatherdon reportedly told the newspaper.
          "While the parties continue to have discussions to reach a common ground, no agreements have been reached."

According to a report in the Globe and Mail, however, the two sides in the NHL labor dispute have agreed on a formula for a salary-cap system based on team-by-team revenue.

While the salary cap issue has been the most contentious during the negotiaions, the report is quick to point out that this agreement does not necessarily mean a new CBA is imminent. The two sides will still need to negotiate terms of salary arbitration, free agency, qualifying contract offers and other issues, any of which could lead to much longer delays.

"They still have a ways to go," one source told the Globe and Mail.

NHL vice president Bill Daly, the league's chief negotiator, declined to confirm or deny anything to the Globe and Mail, but he did say publicly on Tuesday that the negotiators had moved on to other issues.

A source with ties to both owners and players and another source close to the owners told the Globe and Mail there will be a team-by-team salary floor and cap based on a percentage of each team's revenue. The actual percentage is not known, but the league had been demanding "linkage" of 54 percent.

According to the report, in the first year of what is thought to be a six-year deal, based on revenue projections by both sides, the salary cap will range from $34 million to $36 million, with the floor from $22 million to $24 million.

It remains to be seen how the percentage of revenue will be applied to each team, since there is a large disparity in revenue among the teams in the NHL, several with severe financial difficulties.

There will also be a luxury-tax system midway beween the cap floor and cap ceiling.
          And there you go...

there needs to be a slew of change...I'd love more international rules involved...would fucking love it...maybe that's the whole ploy here...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Toronto would be killed by this because of their salary's...I think they have something like 27 million wrapped up in 10 players salaries for next year...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Toronto would be killed by this because of their salary's...I think they have something like 27 million wrapped up in 10 players salaries for next year...
              That's fine with me.

Fuck the Leafs.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Frankly, the team relies on tried and tested and pampered blood too much anyway. The biggest problem for the Leafs with me is they never have enough faith in new blood. Keep Sundin, Tucker and a couple of others.
                Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• bobgnote
                  Banned
                  • May 2005

Report: NHL, players agree on salary cap formula

The National Hockey League and the NHL Players Association have cleared the biggest hurdle in their labour negotiations by agreeing on a formula for a salary-cap system based on team-by-team revenue, the Toronto Globe and Mail reported Wednesday.

This has been the most contentious issue between the owners and players, but the Globe and Mail also reported it does not mean a new collective agreement is close to completion.

The negotiating teams are now working on salary arbitration, free agency, qualifying contract offers and other issues, any of which could be deal-breakers.

According to the Globe and Mail report, there will be a team-by-team salary floor and cap based on a percentage of each team's revenue. The actual percentage is not known, although the league had been demanding 54 percent.
                  **************(trunc)
                  The luxury tax will be spread among the lower-revenue teams to help them stay at the salary floor or higher. Plans for further revenue sharing are still vague, aside from the owners' offer to share some playoff gates, but management sources say they have long been assured there will be further sharing.

Obviously...they are much closer...and the plan is decent...but...when it's all said and done...is it better than what the owners were saying no to at the beginning of the lockout?
                  The CBA website I checked last month was hosted by an owners' person of interest, who claimed the NHL told the players in 2001 they'd have to freeze expenses for negotiations, begin negotiations early, and the players allegedly kacked, leading to the 2004 impasse.

I sent in a more detailed report on California energy inflation than I posted here, but they aren't admitting Greenspan, the press, the US, and everybody burned them down, despite clear energy fraud by the US, California, and several states, leading to passed-around, inflationary energy costs, OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS.

That is like a metasticized cancer, IN YOUR GUT. The NHL had no chance to play in 2004, and their cost accounting from Canada was shown to be every bit as shabby as in the states. Baseball will really get hit, when it's their turn for CBA.

See how there's no football in LA but Bruins and Trojans or? As head for Vegas, next. The others will decline, like the crappy concerts with no hot, educated chicks in there, to fight it out with all the other entertainment venues, to collapse into MP3 and TV. The NHL will return though.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Good post...interesting post actually...

I think the NFL may have more trouble than people think...

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Good post...interesting post actually...

I think the NFL may have more trouble than people think...
                      You just complimented the SHEEP OF THE WEEK.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Joy in Mudville?
                        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...