X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The Coyotes are pretty much a sure thing to leave Arizona. That means they will only need to add one team to keep the balance. It's just a matter of whether or not Vegas is getting an expansion team, or the Coyotes. Since the arena is well under way, I'm thinking the Coyotes are the ones going there.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

that does make sense. Its not like they didn't try everything possible in Arizona. Rink is just too far away from everything
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Well fucknut, the real Leafs are "always teetering and having trouble competing"!

If both organizations were run properly, they'd both thrive.

The Mets haven't been run properly over the years, by their front office. A teams success, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with fan support, or whether a city can support two teams.
        Well penis puffer, why aren't the Mets "run properly?" Because they're treated like a second run, ghetto team. The Leafs surly have trouble competing but they're in no way teetering financially because of the sheep that lap them up!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
          That is the very definition of fuzzy math. You have come full circle...lol

Ok they receive revenue sharing and the tickets aren't subsidized. You are #1 skip!!

Hilarious.
          My my, filled with sophist bullshit much? The definition you laid out is bribing fans with free tickets to buy season tickets. The Sabres don't give season ticket holders 2-4-1 tickets like you think they do in Anaheim (doubtful at this point as well). Revenue sharing has nothing to do with subsidizing tickets WHEN THEY FUCKING RAISE TICKET PRICES TO ENABLE SAID REVENUE SHARING! Economics isn't your forte, stick to coddling millionaire douchebag underachieving athletes with psychobabble...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

SO your post didn't say this:

"The rate is a relative bargain despite healthy rate hikes the past two losing seasons, based on the fact they need to keep up prices to get revenue sharing. Subsidized? Hardly!"

I know the distinction you are trying to make but I am afraid by any measure the organization, including ticket prices are subsidized...if ticket revenue is the main driver of revenue and you receive revenue sharing...there is no connection according to you?
            Read above post! How can tickets be 'subsidized' when the team is forced to raise the ticket prices? Does that make any fucking sense to you? Really?

The gist of your point is that the Sabres must give away free tickets like they do in Anaheim in order to have such a high season ticket base! Don't try to change your ignorant points with semantics about revenue sharing (which I brought up, not you BTW). Those are two very different things. I'll bet you a $10 beer at the Arena the fucking Sabres don't give away ANYTHING!! Despite Pegula's "I'll just dig some more wells if I want money" pretensions...
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-15-2015, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Well penis puffer, why aren't the Mets "run properly?" Because they're treated like a second run, ghetto team. The Leafs surly have trouble competing but they're in no way teetering financially because of the sheep that lap them up!
              Treated by who? How does management get "treated like a second run, ghetto team"?

You utter a lot of retarded statements, but a baseball team getting mistreated is one of your all time most ignorant statements ever. Waaaa, a professional baseball team is mistreated! Waaaa!

Have you ever been to a Mets game? I have. The stadium (the old one, not the fancy new one the poor mistreated souls work and play in) was fucking jam packed with diehard fans at a 1:00 pm game in the middle of the week. In fact, I went to a 1:00 pm Mets game, and then went to Yankee Stadium that evening for a Yankees vs Tigers game. Both experiences were phenomenal, and the Mets game actually felt more like I was watching a game with a bunch of hardcore baseball fans, than at Yankee Stadium, with a bunch of whiny assholes. The friendliness of the fans between the two stadiums, was night and day.

If Brendan Shanahan learned as much from Ken Holland as Steve Yzerman seems to have, the Leafs will be turning around. If the NHL put another franchise in Toronto, and the team put in the right management, they would fucking thrive like nobodies business. FACT!!

Do the Bills toil in mediocrity because they're "mistreated"? Do the Lions toil in mediocrity because they're "mistreated"?

Oh, wait. That's the same excuse you use for the poor black welfare recipients that have ruined your city, and every other major city in this Country. "It's not their fault, they're mistreated".

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Read above post! How can tickets be 'subsidized' when the team is forced to raise the ticket prices? Does that make any fucking sense to you? Really?
                honestly Nick this is so pointless.

They receive revenue sharing...which is a subsidy. Agreed, correct?

The Sabres raised ticket prices so that under the formula in the collective agreement they receive the most revenue sharing possible from the league...to maximize the subsidy.

This is published in several articles on the webz. The Sabres are engaging in subsidy maximization because they charge less for tix (despite the increase) compared to the bigger markets.

Toronto on the other hand could have 3 other teams, each of which would not suffer this fate...they would be supporting other have-nots versus taking from the revenue sharing coffers. This is really all I am saying.

Having said that I don't believe in shutting down team just because they are smaller markets.
                Last edited by Romeo Delight; 05-17-2015, 12:44 PM.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Let's focus on what's important.. FUCK the rangers.
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Having said that I don't believe in shutting down team just because they are smaller markets.
                    Tell me about it, The Panthers are mentioned in relocation rumors that always start up north.. The toronto hockey mindset is a fucking joke! At least if they had a decent team...
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

"A clause in the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement gives the team incentive to continually raise its prices. The CBA dictates that clubs that receive revenue sharing must keep pace with the league’s average ticket price. If the teams fall below 75 percent of the average, they “shall be required to submit to the league and Revenue Sharing Oversight Committee a forward-looking three-year business plan to establish a framework for improving its financial performance.”

"The Sabres are continuing their practice of refunding part of the season-ticket cost in the form of a rebate card that can be used in the arena or at HarborCenter. The rebate was 6.5 percent last year to offset the price increase, but it has returned to its previous level of 2.5 percent."

LOL...looks like the Sabres are masters of the subsidy/rebate program. Quite sophisticated!

Looking at this though, it looks like the ticket prices are getting up there:

Last edited by Romeo Delight; 05-17-2015, 12:45 PM.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The other things that list of avg ticket prices tells me is if the Leafs can be an avg price of 360 plus and rising every year at a breakneck pace despite having a horrible team, don't you think the market could stand another team? It is screaming opportunity...
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The other things that list of avg ticket prices tells me is if the Leafs can be an avg price of 360 plus and rising every year at a breakneck pace despite having a horrible team, don't you think the market could stand another team? It is screaming opportunity...
                          Why can't they just fix the team they have now? Let the rest of NA have some teams.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Treated by who? How does management get "treated like a second run, ghetto team"?
                            You tell me, Von. How are they doing after all these years? still sucking large penises?

Look I hate the Yankess and would love to have the Mets best them. But does anyone give a shit about the Mets? Does Jeter or (G)A(Y)Rod play for them? Can anyone name a Met outside hardcore fans?

You utter a lot of retarded statements, but a baseball team getting mistreated is one of your all time most ignorant statements ever. Waaaa, a professional baseball team is mistreated! Waaaa!
                            Oh my Von! is this your legendary Strawman faggotry? Where did I say that?

Retard.

Have you ever been to a Mets game?
                            Thank goodness NO!!!

I have.
                            Let me get you your fucking medal for attending a Mets game!!

The stadium (the old one, not the fancy new one the poor mistreated souls work and play in) was fucking jam packed with diehard fans at a 1:00 pm game in the middle of the week. In fact, I went to a 1:00 pm Mets game, and then went to Yankee Stadium that evening for a Yankees vs Tigers game. Both experiences were phenomenal, and the Mets game actually felt more like I was watching a game with a bunch of hardcore baseball fans, than at Yankee Stadium, with a bunch of whiny assholes. The friendliness of the fans between the two stadiums, was night and day.
                            That's nice! So they play in a second-run shithole compared to Yank-peenis stadium... Okay...

If Brendan Shanahan learned as much from Ken Holland as Steve Yzerman seems to have, the Leafs will be turning around. If the NHL put another franchise in Toronto, and the team put in the right management, they would fucking thrive like nobodies business. FACT!!
                            I'm sure they could. But new franchisees never prosper no matter what. But yes, I think I concurred that Toronto can support two teams. Maybe not as well as assumed, but yes the masses will attend...

Do the Bills toil in mediocrity because they're "mistreated"? Do the Lions toil in mediocrity because they're "mistreated"?
                            No! They toiled in mediocrity because they had a (previous) cheap owner that refused to pay management and coaches...

Oh, wait. That's the same excuse you use for the poor black welfare recipients that have ruined your city, and every other major city in this Country. "It's not their fault, they're mistreated".
                            Oh look, Strawbitch Von is back!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

honestly Nick this is so pointless.

They receive revenue sharing...which is a subsidy. Agreed, correct?

It is pointless, because you're full of shit and reaching! You said nothing about "subsidies", you were talking about bribing fans with a two-for-one for tickets. Get your fucking stories straight bro!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                Let's focus on what's important.. FUCK the rangers.
                                Well, YEAH!!!

Comment

Working...