• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Hurricanes re-sign LW Cole to three-year contract
    Advertisement

RALEIGH, North Carolina (Ticker) - The Carolina Hurricanes have rewarded Erik Cole for helping lead them to their first Stanley Cup.

The Hurricanes on Wednesday re-signed the left wing to a three-year contract worth $4 million per season.

Despite missing the final 22 games of the regular season with a fractured vertebra in his neck, the 27-year-old Cole set career highs in goals (30), assists (29) and points (59).

The 6-2, 200-pound Cole returned from the injury in Game Six of the Stanley Cup Finals against the Edmonton Oilers and skated in the Hurricanes' 3-1 triumph in Game Seven.

"Erik has developed into a dominant power forward," Hurricanes president and general manager Jim Rutherford said. "His size, speed and skill make him the ideal player for today's NHL, and he is one of the cornerstones of our team going forward."

Jul. 5, 2006 - 12:59 pm et
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Rod Brind'Amour$4 million

Eric Staal $4 million

Justin Williams$3.5 million

Oleg Tverdovsky$2.5 million

Bret Hedican$2.432 million

Frank Kaberle$2.2 million

Niclas Wallin$1.725 million

Cory Stillman$1.75 million

Ray Whitney$1.5 million

John Graham $1.5 million

Josef Vasicek$1.3 million

Mike Commodore $1.2 million

Andrew Ladd$984,200

Anton Babchuk$900,600

Kevyn Adams$725,000

Cam Ward$684,000

Craig Adams$600,000

Andrew Hutchinson$450,000

Chad LaRose $450,000

Unsigned

Mark Recchi

Glen Wesley...

That puts the Canes current Roster at about 32 million...give or take...

Wesley is probably going to retire...

and they COULD sign Recchi if they wanted too...

plenty under their 40 million dollar cap...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
        Trust me VA, if you have something to say about the Penguins, Crosby or not, 10 million Canadians want to know about it!

Shit, if we start posting more hockey, membership could boost ten-fold and legitimate membership at that
        Yeah, I'm sure....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

c'mon Va...THE WORLD WANTS TO KNOW!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Nothing much for me to say....

Pens have been extremely quiet so far....

Couple of Western Conference bubbas...

Got Marc Eaton, D-man from Nashville, very underrated from what I hear....

And Jarkko Ruutu, winger/agitator from the Canucks....

I'm sure Flamma can give a great writeup on him...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

And Jarkko Ruutu, winger/agitator from the Canucks....

I'm sure Flamma can give a great writeup on him...
              Coming soon!

Stay tuned folks.

What suspense...

It isn't all bad news with Jarkko.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Ruttu was one of the most popular Canucks last year.

Chants of Ruuuuuu-tuuuuuuuuu filled GM Place on many home games.

Why? Well Ruttu can be a force in his role as forechecker or more often as a great shit-disturber.

I wonder if players like Ruttu couldn't do more offensively if their role wasn't so narrowly defined.

Believe it or not, he was consistently one of the Canuck regulars in the shoot-out.

He usually scored on his one great move, a backhand deke.

He had the second highest total in minor penalties in the league if I am not mistaken.

But, he also drew a ton of penalties by being such an irritating fuck. That would be a great new stat...a plus minus rating for penalties you took versus the amount you drew.

He isn't much of a diver so the penalties other teams receive are usually legit

After Finland won the silver, Ruttu seemed disinterested. He did fucking nothing all year after that and the Canucks missed the playoffs. Ruttu was late getting back from his celebration and the team made it public, so you know they weren't happy.

He had a great season up until that point, but I am pissed at his lack of grit in the most crucial part of the season. It was almost like the silver was more important than his playoff/Stanley Cup aspirations
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Well, a lot of times I'd think that the articles in there would've been only interesting to fans of those teams, but I see your point....
                  When Rutherford (Canes GM) refused a Team 1040 (Vancouver sports talk) interview request, I was pissed.

Weneed to know all that is hockey, in every city in North America anyway.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Ruttu was one of the most popular Canucks last year.

Chants of Ruuuuuu-tuuuuuuuuu filled GM Place on many home games.

Why? Well Ruttu can be a force in his role as forechecker or more often as a great shit-disturber.

I wonder if players like Ruttu couldn't do more offensively if their role wasn't so narrowly defined.

Believe it or not, he was consistently one of the Canuck regulars in the shoot-out.

He usually scored on his one great move, a backhand deke.

He had the second highest total in minor penalties in the league if I am not mistaken.

But, he also drew a ton of penalties by being such an irritating fuck. That would be a great new stat...a plus minus rating for penalties you took versus the amount you drew.

He isn't much of a diver so the penalties other teams receive are usually legit

After Finland won the silver, Ruttu seemed disinterested. He did fucking nothing all year after that and the Canucks missed the playoffs. Ruttu was late getting back from his celebration and the team made it public, so you know they weren't happy.

He had a great season up until that point, but I am pissed at his lack of grit in the most crucial part of the season. It was almost like the silver was more important than his playoff/Stanley Cup aspirations

Barnaby with more offensive talent ???

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

We would have kept him had it not been for that complete let-down at the end of the season.

Ruutu seemed almost hung over for a month after the Olympics and never seemed to care.

It was such an about face from the first part of the season where he was such a sparkplug and gave so much effort.

I am sure he will delight the Penguin faithful and maybe give Crosby one or two more power play opportunities a night.

If he can stay disciplined (and he can) he could be a big boost. The best thing about him is that he preoccupies the opposition so it will be hard to target Sid like last year because the opposition wants to spear Ruutu for that clever butt-end in the scrum.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

I am sure he will delight the Penguin faithful and maybe give Crosby one or two more power play opportunities a night.
                        I need to start training you folks...

It's "Crosby and Malkin"......

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Aug 2004

Pretty good off-season thread you guys have going here. I'm from over at DDLR.

Any Sharks fans here? I am a hockey instructor & coach out in Nor Cal.

Things look pretty good out on the West coast for the California Hockey fans. Pacific Division is improving with several great trades & signings.

Sharks, Ducks & Kings could all do some damage come playoff time.

I am hopefull that the Sharks will deal one of the goaltenders for either a stay at home d-man or a LW to play with Joe T & Cheec. So far they have addressed their weak 3rd line with Grier & Brown, nice pick ups.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

DDLR ? Those guys are fags !!

[ Spicoli reference ]

Just kidding, got plenty of long-time buds over there, a one-time home for the Army regulars during it's hiatus...

You gotta talk to Flamma for Western conference stuff, he's your man...

I'm just getting befuddled as to what's Shero's plan is in Pittsburgh....

He's made only two minor signings in one week since free agency started, one a stay-home D-man and one a 3rd line agitator...

They are in DIRE need of scoring wingers to compliment Crosby and Malkin....

With the list of UFA wingers shrinking (Samsonov, Sykora, etc.), I'm beginning to think that Shero's is gonna wait out until the UFA signings are basically complete, then negotiate trades with the GM's who've made big UFA signings that need to trim payroll...

Gotta love the new salary cap NHL !!!!

New Jersey is a prime example of that, after they signed Elias and White to big extensions, now they might have to trade either Gomez or Gionta....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

and fucking Rutherford is a genious...he gets Cole and fucking Staal for 8 million combined...

and what did fucking Elias sign for...6 million?

hilariuos...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Anson Carter apparently talking to the Pens (among others) according to TSN....

And Greg Johnson, formerly of the Preds...

Comment

Working...