X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Salary arbitration starts tomorrow.

Question is, which Sabre is going to be traded to the Nucks?

We need right wings.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I didn't know that the reason Snow is the new GM for the Islanders is because he is already being paid $750,000 being under contract as a goalie. I guess he was bought out.

This is now the biggest bush league move in the entire history of sport.

I am serious.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
        Salary arbitration starts tomorrow.

Question is, which Sabre is going to be traded to the Nucks?

We need right wings.

We have a goalie available...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I just can't see Buffalo agreeing to the terms of all the arbitration cases.

Some they will sign, others will walk. Others sign and trade.

Who are the right wings? We'll take them all!
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Penguins reject the Cuban/Marino bid...

some guy from Hartford is buying the Pens...and he has connections to Kansas City....who is looking to get a team.

He says...we MIGHT be able to stay in Pittsburgh...

in other words...

cya later...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

So sad that all of Mario's sacrifices are for nothing.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You can have Max Afinogenov...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, hopefully they'll get most of the team back. The problem is that Regier signed everyone to short contracts hoping that the new CBA would keep salaries down. It's a double edged sword...

The resigned D Henrik Tallinder, and C Daniel Briere's arbitration hearing is due later today, and you can't have him!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    Penguins reject the Cuban/Marino bid...

some guy from Hartford is buying the Pens...and he has connections to Kansas City....who is looking to get a team.

He says...we MIGHT be able to stay in Pittsburgh...

in other words...

cya later...

No, no, no...

I agree with how that looks in itself Poj, and really to be honest, most of the press article use the slant toward if the Pens move, rather than having the Pens stay....

But you know I pay attention to these articles every day...

Most everyone involved have said that it's almost certain that the Pens will NOT move....

Here are the bullets:

#1 - All 3 applicants in the slots license have not commited IN WRITING that they will contribute in the building of a new arena...

#2 - Every owner, even those with ties to other cities, have said their primary focus is keeping the team in Pittsburgh....

#3 - The local officials are tweaking the details with all of the prospective owners in the "Plan B" for the arena, in case Isle of Capri doesn't win the slots license....

#4 - And most importantly, Bettman has told the prospective owners that the NHL will NOT approve any movement of the franchise if their is a arena plan in place.....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Canucks sign free agent winger Bulis

TSN.ca Staff

7/24/2006 2:46:59 PM

The Vancouver Canucks have bolstered their forward lines by signing free agent Jan Bulis to a one-year, $1.3-million contract.

Bulis, 28, scored a career-high 20 goals and tied his career best with 40 points in 2005-2006. At 6-foot-1, 208 pounds, the eight year NHL veteran is a reliable two-way player and has produced 222 points in 473 career games with the Washington Capitals and Montreal Canadiens.

A second round pick of the Capitals in 1996, Bulis was acquired in a 2001 trade that sent Richard Zednik and a first-round pick to Montreal with Trevor Linden, Dainius Zubrus and a second-round pick going to Washington.

Link
                      Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 07-24-2006, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Rumour:

Daniel Briere to the Canucks for Brendan Morrison

Other players are invloved, possibly other teams
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Seven Hearings In Seven Days For Sabres
                            Dave Buchanan - Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 7:14 PM

Buffalo, NY http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=1745 Buffalo Sabres general manager, Darcy Regier, will be a frequent traveler on the QEW in the coming days. The Buffalo Sabres have a player scheduled for an arbitration hearing in Toronto during each of the final seven days of the arbitration period.

Defenseman Toni Lydman leads off the stretch starting on Thursday. Jason Pominville will have his case heard on Friday. J.P. Dumont, Tim Connolly, Paul Gaustad, Maxim Afinogenov, and Adam Mair are scheduled the following week.

It is possible that any of those players can reach an agreement with the team on a new contract before their hearing. Stay tuned to WGR Sportsradio 550 for the latest contract news on the

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Morrison was playing with an undiagnosed injury all year.

It was thought to be a strain in his hip but was something much worse now repaired.

I think he will have a career year this year.

All the same, I would rather have Briere.

We can't keep Briere and Naslund.

Something tells me Naslund is moving, although he has a no-trade clause.

The Canucks are already at 37 million with 18 players signed.

I wonder if they will go with a roster of 21 or 22 to save money?
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

And I'll repeat it for the 47th time, the Pens aren't going anywhere, just ask the new owner (most likely)....

GROUP LED BY SAM FINGOLD SIGNS 'LETTER OF INTENT' TO BUY PENGUINS

07/28/2006

A group led by Sam Fingold has signed a letter of intent to purchase the Pittsburgh Penguins, it was announced Friday by Penguins CEO Ken Sawyer.

“The letter of intent, which was signed today, means that Sam and his group have exclusive negotiating rights in order to reach a purchase agreement,” Sawyer said.

Fingold, 34, is principal of Kenyon Investments, a commercial real estate firm in Hartford, Ct., specializing in many major renewal and development projects. He is a native of Toronto, Ont.

“As passionate hockey fans, we are excited about this opportunity to purchase the Pittsburgh Penguins,” Fingold said. “We agree with the current ownership group that the Penguins should remain in Pittsburgh, and that a new arena is crucial to the team’s long-term success.

“So many of the elements for success already are in place here, including a loyal fan base and a spectacular core of young talent, led by Sidney Crosby. The Penguins are an important part of Pittsburgh’s sports landscape, and it is our objective to do everything possible to secure their future here.”

Sam Fingold’s group includes two other family members – his father, David, and his brother, Michael – as well as Michael Cohl, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Concert Productions International, one of the most successful concert promoters in the world.

The Penguins’ current ownership group is the Lemieux Group Limited Partnership, led by Mario Lemieux and Ronald Burkle. The two groups have signed a confidentiality agreement, meaning that there will be no further comment until a purchase agreement is reached.

Once a purchase agreement is completed, the sale process enters the “approval” stage – a period expected to last several months, in which the National Hockey League must give its approval to the new ownership group.

“It was encouraging to have so many groups expressing interest in the Penguins during this process, and we are delighted to have Sam Fingold’s group sign a letter of intent,” Sawyer said. “Sam and his family have a tremendous background in business and investments, and, just as importantly, they have hockey in their blood. We look forward to working with them to complete the purchase agreement, and to achieve their goal of keeping the Penguins in Pittsburgh for the long term.”
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...