X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    Nice Statue, but why that particular image?

Him beating 2 NY Islanders in a regular season game? And one of the player's last names (who he is skating through) sounds like pylon? Only think funnier is if the other player's name rhymed with "rented mule" or the like

Call me crazy but, I would have preferred a statue of Mario by himself and better yet hoisting the Cup.
    Supposed to signify the struggles that he had overcome throught his career, with the cancer, back problems, etc....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
      Wings made it 23 straight at home, just wanted to throw that out there
      And come Playoff time, they won't be able to win 4 in a row at home. Regular season Red Wings...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
        And come Playoff time, they won't be able to win 4 in a row at home. Regular season Red Wings...
        Their away record isn't very good. I can't see them winning anything this year.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• fourthcoming

It's funny the image of Mario has Islanders in it.....especially since it was the islanders who put an end to the Penguins dreams of a 3 peat in 92-93.......a severe underdog Islander team I might add......Then again I'm a Ranger fan and Mario killed us for years.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fourthcoming
            Then again I'm a Ranger fan and Mario killed us for years.
            Unless Adam Graves swung for the fences on Mario's wrist....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Unless Adam Graves swung for the fences on Mario's wrist....
              Biggest bullshit call in the history of the NHL playoffs........Mario pretending like his arm fell off and then he's back the next night killing my Rangers...Definitely a slash, no doubt about it....but suspending a player from a playoff series for a slash?...Richter didn't help by letting in a 50 foot slap shot from the blue line by Ron Francis I believe.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Biggest bullshit call in the history of the NHL playoffs........Mario pretending like his arm fell off and then he's back the next night killing my Rangers...Definitely a slash, no doubt about it....but suspending a player from a playoff series for a slash?...Richter didn't help by letting in a 50 foot slap shot from the blue line by Ron Francis I believe.
                Um, revisionist historian ?? Lemieux missed the rest of the series !!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Um, revisionist historian ?? Lemieux missed the rest of the series !!
                  He did? Damn, I'm getting old.....doesn't really matter......as much as I would like to think so, I doubt the Rangers would have won the series with Graves in the lineup. That Pittsburgh team was stacked. The real miracle to me will always be the following year when the Islanders knocked out Pittsburgh.....still don't understand how that happened...and without Pierre Turgeon who was having a tremendous season and playoffs until Dale Hunter cheap shotted him in the Caps series.....I can still see David Volek...who was a total scrub....scoring the game winning goal. Would have been cool to see a Lemiuex vs. Gretzky Stanley Cup.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Yeah, I don't want to talk about that series...

That '92-'93 team was lethal, won 17 in a row, still a record....

Comment

• fourthcoming

Yeah, I don't want to talk about that series...

That '92-'93 team was lethal, won 17 in a row, still a record....
                      Understood.....there are certain years for some of my teams I never want to revisit again as well....(2004 Yankees)... I'll tell you this though, as a Ranger fan, I'm starting to get nervous....we seem to hit the wall around this time every year and head into the playoffs without any momentum. We seem to have Boston's number and Philly's.....Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Jersey scare me a little bit. I'm glad we didn't mortgage the future for Nash, but we definitely needed a sniper and we haven't had anyone to quarterback the power play since Leetch. Crosby or no Crosby....those Pens are scary....Malkin is a beast.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Motherfucker.......Rangers are hitting the skids and those fuckin Penguins are right up our ass......typical Rangers. Can't be blowing 2-1 third period leads this late in the season!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Motherfucker.......Rangers are hitting the skids and those fuckin Penguins are right up our ass......typical Rangers. Can't be blowing 2-1 third period leads this late in the season!
                          And 87 looms on the horizon...

Comment

• fourthcoming

And 87 looms on the horizon...
                            I know he does......with or without him, I'm still getting uneasy.....I would love to be cocky and say fuck the Penguins and lets Go Rangers but I have to be a realist.

Comment

• VH Drummer
                              Roadie
                              • May 2009

The Wings have really taken a shit lately, but all the injuries don't help either. Once they get everyone back they should be fine, but their performances on the road are scary. I also don't like matching up with Nashville in the first round, but we'll see how that plays out. I can't believe the Sharks are having such a down year either. Their defensive will at least slightly improve next year though when Brad Stuart inevitably signs there. The Pens are looking like a scary team now, and don't count Ottawa out either. The last month is really shaping up great.
                              2012: 2/10 The Darkness, 2/20 Van Halen, 3/3 The Black Keys

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2010

O-kay , o-kay . I'll be the first to mention the great white elephant in the room .
                                My St. Louis Blues are not only the first NHL team to crack the 100 point mark , but ,
                                the first team to clinch a playoff spot . They have the Central Division title and
                                the Presidents Trophy within possible reach .
                                Yes , they are a young team with lots to prove . Late incoming head coach Ken Hitchcock
                                has lit a serious fire under their asses . Let's go Blues !
                                May the best and well deserving teams win .
                                Last edited by Green Manalishi; 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...