X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SammySucks1984
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2005

Kim Clijsters hopefully will win it all
    Why do women need driver's Licenses? there aren't many roads between the bedroom and the kitchen.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

She would deserve winning for playing the best tennis from the beginning of this Open, but I'd rather see Mary Pierce hold the cup, I find her a little more sympathetic despite her 12 mn break that, if it wasn't fake (?), was not really fair play (Elena Dementieva didn't miss mentioning it, and I second her opinion, first because I dig her a lot, and also because when you need a 12-mn intervention it often means you're not far from giving up), and close to grotesque as well - did you see the ridiculous moves she had to make, lying on the floor?
      I'd only like Pierce to win so that Dementieva would have lost vs the winner.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Northern Girl
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Soooo cool to see Andre in the finals. Too awesome. The only person I've ever watched in tennis. The first time I saw him he was only 15, and there was just something exciting about him. He's still got it at 35.
        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

well done kim!

bye, llllleyton.

a supremely awesome men's final awaits us.

wouldn't 5 sets be great?

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

This is Kim Clijster's first major title... I thought she'd already won a couple of them (Flushing and Melbourne), but she hadn't!
            Now she really deserved to win, looking back over the last few weeks. She's been playing the best tennis, so it's fair. Mary Pierce got another hiding in a final, after Roland Garros in June vs. Justine Henin...
            Those two Belgian players came back so fast in the top ten through this season after a wrist injury (Clijsters) and a virus (Henin), hats off to them, especially to Clijsters whose game and mental strength were very impressive...

Agassi to play Federer... This time I'll be able to watch it live on Swiss TV. Beyond his amazing game, Roger is a very cool guy, Sampras's ideal successor, but, though it's going to be tough for him tonight, I'll support Andre who's "still got it at 35" as NG says...
            Seeing him do such things on the court at his age is rejuvenating!
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Federer won the 1st set 6/3 (one break), but Agassi leads 2/0 in the 2nd and he's serving. 15/30. Big mistake from Andre (a backhand in the net). 30/40, 2nd serve, a long rally, both players hit the ball very hard, the level is very high...
              Deuce. Adv. Federer. Deuce. It's so important for Andre's self-confidence to win this game... Adv. Agassi. A 2nd serve full of lift makes Federer miss his return on his backhand: 3/0 to Agassi now.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

4/1 to Agassi: he's really gaining the upper hand. You can hardly recognize Federer... Just now he's recovering a little on his serve: 2/4. Andre MUST keep his serve. 0/15.
                Thanks a lot to the people in charge of camera anle choices, it's all so greatly shot... 15/15, 30/15 after an amazing rally. Agassi has to give all his might on each point, he won this one with a superior power in his shots. 40/30, then game Agassi: 5/2. On the way to 1 set all, but you never know...
                Federer to serve... 0/15, 15/15, 15/30 now (Agassi hit a return winner), 15/40... Setpoint. 30/40, Federer's backhand is stuck on top of the net, so ONE SET ALL!!! 3/6, 6/2, Agassi to serve next.

Before the match started I'd have given Andre 30%, now it's 50/50 IMO.

This guy is amazing!

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 09-11-2005, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Agassi has just broken Federer's serve: 4/2 in the 3rd set. 30/0 on his own serve now. 30/15. An incredible rally, Federer "visiting" the court as Agassi played the "windshield wipers", but his last forehand is just wide... 30/30, 30/40, then Federer breaks Agassi's serve for the first time since long. 4/3 to Agassi...
                  Federer to serve. Big serves, 30/0. 40/0, 4 games all!

Agassi doesn't look pissed, he seems to be ready for another long struggle.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

It's 5/5 in the 3rd, an incredible game! Federer had 3 breakpoints, but each time Agassi came back with huge shots. Now he had a 4th break point against him, but he served an ace.
                    Adv. Agassi: a big serve, and he leads 6/5 now. Federer to serve and stay in the set...
                    I didn't expect Andre to play so well tonight... What a match!

Federer's just won his serve (40/15): tie-break!

Agassi just made a GUTSY drop-shot. 1/0, 1/1, 2/1 to Federer. Huge backhand return hit by Federer: 3/1. A mistake by Agassi: 4/1... Ouch!

5/1 to Federer now... 6/1: 5 set points for the Swiss: that's it! 7/1.

Federer leads 6/3, 2/6, 7/6... Too bad his shots lost intensity so much in the last game... It's gonna be tough for Andre now.

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 09-11-2005, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

3/0 to Federer. Agassi doesn't have his best look in his eyes. He's serving: 0/15, 0/30... 0/40! It looks as if it is already over in his mind now, as Federer wins points more and more easily.

4/0, Federer to serve... Ace: 15/0. In the end of the rally, he hits a backhand winner like playing semi-volley from his baseline... 30/0. Another full ace: 40/0. A 3rd ace: 5/0.
                      It's nearly over...

30/15. 2 mistakes from Agassi: 40/30, matchpoint. Deuce. Adv. Federer, 2nd matchpoint. Ace! Deuce. Adv. Agassi.
                      Dropshot from Federer, it's got hard for Andre, who isn't quick enough anymore now. Deuce, adv. Agassi, game Agassi: 1/5.

Federer serving, 15/0, ace: 30/0. Andre 6 yards away from the ball... 40/0: this is it! 6/3, 2/6, 7/6, 6/1.
                      Federer is this year's US Open champion... Most normal, he deserves it, he's a phenomenal player (and very cool guy too), but hats off to Andre, he's achieved another feat in NY this year, he's definitely a very special player, part of the very greatest in tennis history.
                      The first 3 sets were great to see.

Federer could well be a threat to Sampras's 14 Grand Slam victories in a few years... His domination over the last 2 years looks a lot like Pete's used to be.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

One last thing as far as I'm concerned: an interview I've just read on http://www.usopen.org ...
                        IVAN LENDL speaking, he almost hadn't done so since he had retired in 1993 or 94... Not that I dug him much both as a player and a person, but he says a few things about AGASSI, FEDERER, as well as McENROE and CONNORS and his own current life (his two daughters dedicate themselves to golf). I find it interesting because this interview comes after years of silence.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Actually, this pic will fit a lot better as a conclusion to the last fortnight... These two champions offered a great battle over the first 3 sets yesterday.

To think that Andre was Connors's, McEnroe's, Lendl's, Edberg's, Becker's, Courier's, Sampras's and... Federer's opponent. Amazing.

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 09-12-2005, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            To think that Andre was Connors's, McEnroe's, Lendl's, Edberg's, Becker's, Courier's, Sampras's and... Federer's opponent. Amazing.:
                            absofuckinlutely. and i hate to use this cliche but it fits;

andre has been an ornament to the game.

Comment

Working...