Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conmee
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Nothing like having ND, 'Bama, and PennSt back where they belong... USC and ND will actually have some significance next week... but damn... USC looks unstoppable in the 2nd half the last two weeks.

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• BrownSound1
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      Actually...they let USC come back on them you spooge covered piece of shit...

First game of the season they let LSU come back and beat them. Now again it happens with USC. Christ I didn't think I'd have to draw it in crayon for you. Like I said, their defence sucks. I'd like to see USC go up against a good defensive team for a change.

Comment

• conmee
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

Actually in two weeks... ND has a bye...

I can't remember the last time ND scored 49 or more points... could be a high scoring game against USC in a couple weeks.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
        hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
          First game of the season they let LSU come back and beat them. Now again it happens with USC. Christ I didn't think I'd have to draw it in crayon for you. Like I said, their defence sucks. I'd like to see USC go up against a good defensive team for a change.
          Who Alabama? Yeah OK, maybe we'll only get 45 on them.

You SEC guys think your teams play incredible D, yet ASU rolled up yardage on LSU, SC rolled up school records on Arkansas. Well you play 1950's offense, so whatever.

The SEC is so fucking overrated it's sickening. It would be nice if you guys had to go up against some real offenses for a change. I can imgaine you good ole boys trying to draw plays in the sand to stop Reggie Bush.

SC's beaten all comers. We've played plenty of good defensive teams. Jesus dude they've won 26 games in a row, it's not luck and 26 bad defenses. Sorry.
          Last edited by Brett; 10-02-2005, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Brett
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

USC/Notre Dame finally meaning something is very cool. Looking forward to it. Need to not look past a shitty Arizona team first.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by conmee
              Nothing like having ND, 'Bama, and PennSt back where they belong...
              PSU's offense wasn't very highly regarded, but this year's recruiting class is really paying off, with freshmen WR's Williams and King making a big difference for Robinson at QB...

Having said that, we'll just see how good they are against a very good OSU defense next week...

It's at Happy Valley, so at least that's in their favor....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

A week to get reasdy for USC should help the Irish, but they need to get that defense working better. I'm happy with the progress of the Irish.

Here's my prediction- if th Irish pull of a huge win vs. USC, people will say that USC was overated...if USC wins, people weill say ND was overated. It's a given.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't think anyone thinks USC is overrated dude, give me a break. If ND wins, they win. It will be one of the school's biggest wins in a long time, and hardly against an overrated team. It will be against best runs in a long time in college football.

SC is expected to win, ND is not. Nobody is going to say they're overrated if they don't beat a team that's won 26 in a row.

Nice to see Penn St. back but Joe Pa still needs to retire.

It is good to see some of the traditional powers back this year....Alabama, ND, and Penn St. Great for the game.

Comment

• conmee
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

I agree that USC isn't overrated... but check out this twisted logic...

In general, there are the usual detractors, the haters, the East Coast biases, the ND biases, hell, the guys in the Harris Poll voting for teams like Idaho... lmao...

What I think is that there will be a group of USC haters/doubters that will raise the "overrated" flag IF the Irish pull off an upset... and it will come down to excuse-making, "Oh, the USC defense is still banged up... once again, USC didn't get on track in first half, and just couldn't catch up..." and of course, I could pick a dozen people off the street that think ND is overrated or that they are about 5-10 spots higher in the poll just because... well, just because the Irish are the Irish...

But this is just a testament to how good USC is and how improved ND is over what was expected of them. I think USC is getting to the point where they are the successful team everyone wants to hate... they still have a huge bandwagon, but teams like USC, ND, 'Bama, PennSt, Michigan... when they are successful, and especially for a good amount of time, the average fan and the haters will come out against them. And the media loves to fuel the fire...

So I could see some of what Vengeance is talking about... but in reality... I haven't seen anyone doubt that USC belongs where it's at... they've won with offense/defense/special teams as needed, they've beaten great competition, 26 wins in a row, like Brett pointed out, couldn't have been against all shitty teams or pure luck...

And I think in the end, at near mid-season, the polls have adjusted pretty well to reality... pretenders drop, contenders rise, losers are penalized and winners are rewarded....

So the only people that will say USC is overrated in a loss are the haters, and the only people that will say ND is overrated with a loss or a win are the usual 90% of the population across all generations who've had to put up with the ND tradition for oh, the past 125 years.... lmao...

Either way, I'm looking forward to a good game.

GO IRISH!!!
                    ROLL TIDE!!!

Icon.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

USC proved 2 things yesterday
                      1) They can be beat
                      2) they cant be beat...score at will when necessary...scary..

Comment

• BrownSound1
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Brett
                        Who Alabama? Yeah OK, maybe we'll only get 45 on them.

You SEC guys think your teams play incredible D, yet ASU rolled up yardage on LSU, SC rolled up school records on Arkansas. Well you play 1950's offense, so whatever.

The SEC is so fucking overrated it's sickening. It would be nice if you guys had to go up against some real offenses for a change. I can imgaine you good ole boys trying to draw plays in the sand to stop Reggie Bush.

SC's beaten all comers. We've played plenty of good defensive teams. Jesus dude they've won 26 games in a row, it's not luck and 26 bad defenses. Sorry.

You are crazy. I'll give them that it is a feat to win 26 in a row...even if bad calls gave them a couple of games. However, who do they play week in and week out.

First off Arkansas is a bottom of the barrel SEC team. Big freakin' deal that you beat them. They thought they could come out of the highly touted SWC and roll over everyone in the SEC. They haven't rolled yet.

Check USC's record against SEC teams...what are they 3 and 7? Admit it, USC plays no one of consequence. You have two tough games and then you are finished.

You folks have the same mentality that the Miami fans had in '92. Their "high powered" offense surely couldn't be stopped by the likes of a 'Bama defense. Same thing I heard about Urban Meyer's spread offense, just prior to this game.

Reggie Bush my ass. You think he's better than the backs that have come out of the SEC? Nigga pleeze.

This is exactly why Division 1A needs a playoff system.

Comment

• conmee
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Mar 2003

Oh no! hahahaha

I'm seeing the fur fly and disrespect bein' served up... haha

I know you're fired up about the 'Bama comment, Brown my brother, but why you takin' it out on Reggie and LenDale... those two brothers looked good yesterday... and Reggie was on fire against Oregon... lol

I'm no USC fan (no hater either)... but I give 'em a little credit. lol

Maybe we need a separate USC thread... Brett could have his hands full the remainder of the year... lol

GO IRISH!!!
                          GO UNLV!!!! (1-4 and Wyoming hammered my Runnin' Rebels)

Icon.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I'm not suggesting USC IS overated by any means. I think conmee summed it up that the haters will find a way to claim USC is overated rather than give ND any credit if ND pulls this game out.
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

BS1, you SEC fuckers make me nauseous, we laugh at you I hope you know that. Bama is 5-0 and all of sudden you guys have delusions of grandeur. LOL. What did you guys score on Arkansas, 24 points?? Yeah you really rolled up on that second tier team huh? Must be that great offense you guys play down there.

And give me a break with SC is all offense. Dude they had one of the best defenses in the country last year (what #2 against the rush), and they have been decent this year, and actually play teams with REAL offenses every week. Teams that run real schemes, not hand the ball off tackle and call stupid post patterns every pass play. You SEC guys play 1950's offense. It's funny how when a Pac-10 coordinator goes to the SEC with a real offensive philosophy that Auburn rolled up points and went 13-0 last year. Amazing isn't it? You guys are so archaic and so living in the past, it's sick. SC would smack the shit out of Alabama, and any other SEC team. These SC teams are nothing like those Miami teams. We've got players on both sides of the ball. Want to talk about all the first and early round NFL picks that have come from the USC defense the last 3 years?

What real teams hasn't SC played? What Florida? LSU? Tennessee? Oh please, those teams have looked like shit against inferior opponents, and hell LSU had trouble with fucking Oregon St. their title year. Over the last 3 1/2 years, we've played ranked teams from EVERY fucking conference and beaten all of them. You want a run down? Fuck Alabama hadn't beaten a Top 5 team at home in 23 fucking years dude until yesterday. How fucking sad is that?

Oh you want SC's all-time record against the SEC, I can gladly oblige, I have my media guide right here.

Here we go:

Alabama 2-5
                              Arkansas 3-1
                              Auburn 2-1
                              Florida 0-1-1
                              Georgia 3-0
                              LSU 1-1
                              South Carolina 1-1
                              Tennessee 4-0

So what's that, 16-10. Yeah they've really stunk it up against the SEC. Oh and the Alabama games are all pre-1980 except one in 1985 in some shitty Aloha Bowl. Also take note that USC has played TWO SEC teams in the last 20 years, and that was Auburn in 2003 (23-0) and Arkansas this year (70-17). I don't know if that makes you feel better or worse.
                              Last edited by Brett; 10-02-2005, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                                I'm not suggesting USC IS overated by any means. I think conmee summed it up that the haters will find a way to claim USC is overated rather than give ND any credit if ND pulls this game out.
                                Dude we know better. You win, you get all the credit in the world from me.

Haters will be haters.

Comment

Working...