• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

England Played Like Shit.

They Sux.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Don Corleone
      Veteran
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      The madness in football needs to stop.

England are paying their coach over $9 million a year.

That's more than a million a game.

For what exactly?
      While it is fare that Capello should take his share of the blame, it's not right that he should take all of the blame. The fact is the English team are and always have been overated, and that they just aren't good enough. Even the press here has turned on the players (usually they scream for the managers head)

For whatever reason Capello (or any other manager) cannot get this group of players to bring club form to the International stage.

Gerrard was rubbish
      Lampard was rubbish
      Rooney was rubbish, and should be made to face the fans after his little outburst last night

The only postive from the game was James kept a clean sheet.

Can they turn it around on Wednesday? I don't think so. Ego's don't win you games (the French have shown this particulary well this World Cup) and the English players simply do not have the technical credentials to be up there with the very very best.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I guess Jero is still drunk and celebrating that shitfest yesterday...I don't want to complain about the ref here, but if he was in the England game the field would have been pretty empty in the end...this is football and not some gayass korfbal (which was invented by the dutch btw)

we played like shit anyway, Podolski should be kicked in his useless balls for fucking up every single chance and the penalty...now we have to beat Ghana and have our first final...and maybe we get England in the next round...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Can they turn it around on Wednesday? I don't think so. Ego's don't win you games (the French have shown this particulary well this World Cup) and the English players simply do not have the technical credentials to be up there with the very very best.
          Algeria are the very very best?

Part of the problem is that they are completely shitting themselves and I think a coach has to take some responsibility for their state of mind. That's about half the job for an international manager.

If they get through from the easiest group in the history of the World Cup they have no chance not least because if they are shitting themselves just now I doubt a single one of them could score in a penalty shoot out.

That was the worst display I've seen from a major world football power since Scotland drew 1-1 with Iran in 78.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Catfish
            England is (or should be) so good, it's scary.

Dumbest post ever.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

FOUR HOURS after the game ended and it's still not clear which U.S. player that foul was called against!
              Correct, but replays show a Slovenian player holding an American with basically a Full-Nelson. GS is right...watching soccer is as fun as watching grass grow. Where is the NFL season, even pre-season, when you need it?
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Don Corleone
                Veteran
                • May 2004

Algeria are the very very best?
                No, by the very very best I mean the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Spain (who I think will bounce back) etc. If England came up against a good team at this moment in time, they would be rolled. The only concelation at present is that we're not the only team European team in this mess.

Algeria and the US aren't the best teams out there, but they have shown the England team for what it is - overpaid and overated. Latest excuse from the press here is that Rooney is injured.... so whats the excuse for the other 9 out field players?
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• jero
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                  I guess Jero is still drunk and celebrating that shitfest yesterday...I don't want to complain about the ref here, but if he was in the England game the field would have been pretty empty in the end...this is football and not some gayass korfbal (which was invented by the dutch btw)

we played like shit anyway, Podolski should be kicked in his useless balls for fucking up every single chance and the penalty...now we have to beat Ghana and have our first final...and maybe we get England in the next round...
                  Hello Natra,

I heard you missed me, well I'm back with six point out of two.
                  We sucked (again) big time but won. I feel like you! ONLY BETTER!!!!

Comment

• jero
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

For what exactly?
                    For making you happy!

Comment

• jero
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone
                      Natra - what happend against Serbia? Really not a great day for the German team (epecially missing a penalty)
                      A pay back day for all the anti football and schwalbes the did over the last decades.

Comment

• Catfish
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

For what exactly?
                        He gets $9M a year to manage the many world class players and personalities England has. It's not unlike what the Lakers give to Phil Jackson. Same kind of situation. The big difference is Jackson can do it and Capello is the thief of the century.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

The big difference is Jackson can do it and Capello is the thief of the century.
                          Bollocks is he - the guy has a very good track record. Look at his list of managerial honours.

The problem with England isn't Capello, it's the players ego's and the over expectation of the press.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Catfish
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone
                            Bollocks is he - the guy has a very good track record. Look at his list of managerial honours.

The problem with England isn't Capello, it's the players ego's and the over expectation of the press.
                            And Capello should be able to manage that. That's his job. It's not an easy job, but that's why he gets 10-times what Bob Bradley makes.

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Very Tough Game For My All-White Team Against The Italians,Early Tomorrow Morning

My Heart Is With The All-Whites But My Head Is Telling Me That Italy Will Win By 2 Goals+.

Any Bets?
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• jero
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

We're there! FIRST!!!!

Comment

Working...