X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moose
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    St. Pauli is starting to rub me the wrong way. Astra Beer is one of their new sponsors and already they are bitching about their advertising being sexist. I saw that beer company's ads and they have the usual fraulein with nice tits holding several beers. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH WOMEN HAVING NICE TITS IN A BEER ADVERTISEMENT?!?! Would they prefer some ugly fat dyke who looks like sasquatch? Can't a man have a little fun every once in a while!?!? So fuck them! I'm going with A.S. Roma since most of their games are on ESPN.

My son called you a smart guy for going with AS Roma
    favorite team......
    Costs me a boat load of money every year buying him a new jersey....

Comment

• moose
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Oh yeah, the owner of A.S. Roma is american and a successful one at that. So now I'm really going to side with this team.

I think if I went to an FC St. Pauli game, I would be lectured on american politics as if I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Kevin Garnett has some interest in AS Roma as well.....

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Plus I can't order tickets online with FC St. Pauli, so that's another reason.
        it's not easy to get tix even for the die hard fans...every match is sold out!
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

what a great choice...

his success during the WC 2002 speaks for itself!

now everybody: OHNE HOLLAND FAHR'N WIR ZUR WM!!!
          Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

but you were better than estland, cyprus and even andorra!!!

qualification WC 2002:

1. (1.) Portugal 10 7 3 0 33:7 +26 24
            2. (2.) Irland 10 7 3 0 23:5 +18 24
            3. (3.) Niederlande 10 6 2 2 30:9 +21 20
            4. (4.) Estland 10 2 2 6 10:26 -16 8
            5. (5.) Zypern 10 2 2 6 13:31 -18 8
            6. (6.) Andorra 10 0 0 10 5:36 -31 0

Last edited by DavidLeeNatra; 07-07-2012, 05:41 AM.
            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Roth Army Icon

Comment

• moose
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

No posts since the 7th of July.....lol
                So I'll stir the pot a bit
                Champions league final will be between Real Madrid and Juventus
                EPL winner will be Man city
                Bundesliga winner will be???
                Seria A will go to AC Milan
                La Liga will be Real Madrid
                French League...... To tuff to pick but I'll go with
                PSG

Comment

• moose
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Wow no movement in this thread for 10 days
                  Sheeshhhhh
                  Going to be in Warsaw sept 4-10
                  My son will be representing Canada in the Nations cup
                  :-)

Comment

• moose
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Wow no movement in this thread for 10 days
                    Sheeshhhhh
                    Going to be in Warsaw sept 4-10
                    My son will be representing Canada in the Nations cup
                    :-)

Comment

• moose
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Hehe
                      What a retard I am
                      2x post

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

AS Roma is doing a pre-season tour of the USA and I have no tickets! But they are going to be on ESPN3! :happy64:

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sorry, Mario Balotelli Didn’t Really Make This German Fan Cry: How TV Lied To You During Euro 2012

In the 36th minute of the Euro 2012 semifinal, Mario Balotelli scored his second goal, a screamer to the top right corner. Balotelli ripped off his jersey and flexed, and the telecast cut to a woman in the stands, a German flag painted on her cheek, a single tear leaking from her eye.

"It's too early for tears," intoned ESPN's Adrian Healey, calling the action. And it was. The German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung talked to the tearful woman: Her name was Andrea, she came from Dusseldorf, and she was surprised when she started getting texts from friends asking why she'd started crying with nearly an hour of play remaining. She hadn't, Andrea told them.

Instead, she said, she had been overcome with emotion during the playing of the national anthems, before the match kicked off. A camera recorded her then, and the footage was inserted into live TV later on, at the moment it would have the most impact. The emotional power of sport, on cue.

Don't blame Healey or ESPN. They didn't know, nor did ARD, the German network airing the match, nor did ZDF or SVT, or any of the other hundreds of channels that had won the regional broadcasting rights around the world. They merely aired the streaming live signal from UEFA—which on multiple occasions goosed the live footage by adding prerecorded shots, with zero acknowledgement.

On June 13, during of Germany's group stage match against the Netherlands, cameras found German manager Joachim Löw sneaking up behind a ballboy and poking the ball from his grip. A humanizing moment in the middle of a tense game. Except it happened during warm-ups, well before the match, and was dropped in to make it appear live.

Two networks, claiming they were caught off guard by UEFA's practices, have spoken out against it.

"Of course any form of censorship or manipulation is not acceptable for us." said ARD's Euro 2012 chief editor Joerg Schoenenborn." That's why we clearly told UEFA that the German public expects coverage to be live when it says it's live. Live is live and has to stay live.''

"We have complained to UEFA that the impression was aroused that these were live pictures,'' ZDF editor-in-chief Peter Frey said. "That does not correspond to our journalistic standards.''

I would be shocked if they were as shocked as they sound. TV's been fudging the distinction between documentary and stagecraft for a long time. Your favorite news and sports shows always make sure to tape footage of their reporter nodding thoughtfully, and insert it under an interview subject's voice. This makes it look like correspondent are listening closely, when they might be doodling or picking their noses. It's subtle, and it's unnoticeable, and the Hollywood editing of seemingly unbroken scenes is surprisingly common. If you can't trust Killer Shark Live to actually be live, what can you trust?

Surely not the Olympics. We're less than three weeks away from the most expensive and slickest Games ever broadcast, and in the wake of the BBC's CGI blockbuster promos, count on NBC making every effort to give you the most cinematic experience possible. While you're still figuring out whether a given event is live or tape-delayed, they'll be blurring the line even further.

Comment

• moose
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by seshmeister
                            http://deadspin.com/5923264/sorry-ma...ring-euro-2012

sorry, mario balotelli didn’t really make this german fan cry: How tv lied to you during euro 2012

in the 36th minute of the euro 2012 semifinal, mario balotelli scored his second goal, a screamer to the top right corner. Balotelli ripped off his jersey and flexed, and the telecast cut to a woman in the stands, a german flag painted on her cheek, a single tear leaking from her eye.

"it's too early for tears," intoned espn's adrian healey, calling the action. And it was. The german newspaper süddeutsche zeitung talked to the tearful woman: Her name was andrea, she came from dusseldorf, and she was surprised when she started getting texts from friends asking why she'd started crying with nearly an hour of play remaining. She hadn't, andrea told them.

Instead, she said, she had been overcome with emotion during the playing of the national anthems, before the match kicked off. A camera recorded her then, and the footage was inserted into live tv later on, at the moment it would have the most impact. The emotional power of sport, on cue.

Don't blame healey or espn. They didn't know, nor did ard, the german network airing the match, nor did zdf or svt, or any of the other hundreds of channels that had won the regional broadcasting rights around the world. They merely aired the streaming live signal from uefa—which on multiple occasions goosed the live footage by adding prerecorded shots, with zero acknowledgement.

On june 13, during of germany's group stage match against the netherlands, cameras found german manager joachim löw sneaking up behind a ballboy and poking the ball from his grip. A humanizing moment in the middle of a tense game. Except it happened during warm-ups, well before the match, and was dropped in to make it appear live.

Two networks, claiming they were caught off guard by uefa's practices, have spoken out against it.

"of course any form of censorship or manipulation is not acceptable for us." said ard's euro 2012 chief editor joerg schoenenborn." that's why we clearly told uefa that the german public expects coverage to be live when it says it's live. Live is live and has to stay live.''

"we have complained to uefa that the impression was aroused that these were live pictures,'' zdf editor-in-chief peter frey said. "that does not correspond to our journalistic standards.''

i would be shocked if they were as shocked as they sound. Tv's been fudging the distinction between documentary and stagecraft for a long time. Your favorite news and sports shows always make sure to tape footage of their reporter nodding thoughtfully, and insert it under an interview subject's voice. This makes it look like correspondent are listening closely, when they might be doodling or picking their noses. It's subtle, and it's unnoticeable, and the hollywood editing of seemingly unbroken scenes is surprisingly common. If you can't trust killer shark live to actually be live, what can you trust?

Surely not the olympics. We're less than three weeks away from the most expensive and slickest games ever broadcast, and in the wake of the bbc's cgi blockbuster promos, count on nbc making every effort to give you the most cinematic experience possible. While you're still figuring out whether a given event is live or tape-delayed, they'll be blurring the line even further.
                            buwahahahahahahahaha
                            balotelli made all of germany cry in the 36th minute
                            yipeeee kai eh motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

so great...season opened, we are in the second league, stadium only half full because of a punishment we got from last season and played 2:2 agains a city which population is as half as big as the population of the district I live in...it's so great to live in the only capital city that doesn't have a team in the premier league...
                              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• jero
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

We re playing against Kiev tonight in a sold out stadium and if we win we're in the second round CL.

Comment

Working...