X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figs
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Down 2-0, it's over....not going to score 2 on Petr Cech
    Last edited by Figs; 06-12-2006, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

wow...the czechs got a hell of a team! best performance since the now...hope jan koller is well, great guy!
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

sammy kuffour as we know him from the bundesliga...

italy was very disappointing...but they always fuck up the first round...I wonder why people always complain about german football being not so attractive...when was the last time you saw a game of italy being great (fuck all of you who's answer is 3:1 in the final of 1982)...italian football is the most unattractive and boring shit...
        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

but sorry for you guys from the US...I see no chance that you survive the first round...

(and this is not anti-amricano, just the truth from what I saw today)
          Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
            italy was very disappointing...but they always fuck up the first round...
            They weren't great, but they were solid, from beginning to end. Sure they were lucky that Ghana never were able to finish their attacks (how many kicks 5 metres away from the goal?), but IMO they were the first "convincing" team since the beginning of the Kup.
            Just my two (euro) cents.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Grant
              Sniper
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trueblue
              i'm over the moon guys...where's Grant and my fellow Aussies??.....i knew we could get past Japan and we did...and in fantastic style.. 2nd half was Australia all the way...second round beckons and Brazil and Croatia have been warned....wish i could celebrate with our heroes for making late night viewing end in joy.....wanna hear what ya all think?...Is USA gonna follow our lead against the Czechs??..slim chance i reckon..but i'd be delighted if they pull off a shocker and win...Meantime, Australia is the show-stopper right now..
              Twas a great game mate, and one which I'm sure will go down in folklore for this country.

The Japs played fairly well but we did dominate the game more. Their advantage was their speed, ours was our heights in comparison. You can see the difference when Guus played on Kennedy...and the result was Cahill's first goal after Kennedy's header over the Japanese keeper. I was fuckin' furious when the ref allowed that Japanese goal after the clear impeachment by the Japs. At least, our late goals cancelled it out and the ref admitted to the mistake afterwards.

We're in a good set-up for the 2nd round.

Comment

• Grant
                Sniper
                • Feb 2005

I hope this game was not too hard for your socceroos...it was very hot and they played a fast game in that heat...fuck kroatia! aussie and brazil next round!
                I think they were fine, mate. We're used to the hot climate and much of our players play in the EPL and Serie A...so they should be used to playing against the world's best.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

a goal fucking five minutes in...and would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Reyna gotten that one in...

but such is life...

now we need to win the next two...

don't see it happening...but you never know...

Obviously...they'll be up for Italy on Saturday...

but boy did they look like complete ass yesterday...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Good to see The Socceroos have a great Win to start off the first round.
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• trueblue
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Grant
                      Twas a great game mate, and one which I'm sure will go down in folklore for this country.

The Japs played fairly well but we did dominate the game more. Their advantage was their speed, ours was our heights in comparison. You can see the difference when Guus played on Kennedy...and the result was Cahill's first goal after Kennedy's header over the Japanese keeper. I was fuckin' furious when the ref allowed that Japanese goal after the clear impeachment by the Japs. At least, our late goals cancelled it out and the ref admitted to the mistake afterwards.

You're spot on Grant...the Japs are always fast and actually made our guys look quite leaden and slow in patches of the game...again the heat was quite obvious, even watching the game on TV made me feel for the guys suffering in the sweltering conditions..i think 9/10 times the first goal by Japan would be disallowed in any game, anywhere in the world....we might not dominate in football as we do in several other sports but our fighting and comeback abilities are never to be under-estimated and we showed that in terrific style last night...hope we can stop Croatia and hurt Brazil...so happy for Tim Cahill, he's one of my favourite Aussie players for a long time....keep watching Grant, so will I....cheers mate!!

We're in a good set-up for the 2nd round.
                      Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• trueblue
                        Groupie
                        • Feb 2006

The USA was a huge dud against the Czechs...i thought the Americans looked totally uninspired and played much below-par than i expected...Bruce Arena looked strangely bored and unaffected by how poorly his team was performing and the team itself played in a sadly lackluster lame fashion..I've always liked the Czechs' style and of course last night, they played the most fluent and convincing football so far in the WC...feel sad for Jan Koller...hope he recovers soon cos his absence as striker would be a big blow to the team's prospects ahead....3-0 was a great start for the Czechs and i hope they go all the way..
                        Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• jero
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Very dissapointed how the US played.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

France 0:0 Switzerland after 36 minutes... The blue frogs could well be eating some Swiss cheese in the end.
                            The city is exceptionally calm this evening.
                            It's strange, I feel even less like a chauvinist than usual.
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                              France 0:0 Switzerland after 36 minutes... The blue frogs could well be eating some Swiss cheese in the end.
                              The city is exceptionally calm this evening.
                              It's strange, I feel even less like a chauvinist than usual.
                              match is ok...I don't see one of the teams dominating the other...good chances on both sides, referee was right with the hand, I'd say...
                              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

...referee was right with the hand, I'd say...
                                I agree: that hand was unintentional, it was just hanging there...
                                Football players will often forget they have hands!

Comment

Working...