X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Is Steve Nash On His Way to A 3rd MVP?

Now, I am well aware that the Suns have Amare back and that that team has alot to work with, BUT...

Steve is averaging 19.9 points and 11.4 assists while shooting 51 percent from the field this season.

Tonight he had 42 points, 13 dimes, on 16 of 25 shooting. He shot 6 of 7 from beyond the arc.

How can you NOT give him his third straight MVP if the Suns win their conference?
    a:4:{i:4955;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4955;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"39437";s:5:"title";s:10:"Fuck yeah!";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:5:"11436";i:1;s:4:"9504";}}i:4956;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4956;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"39437";s:5:"title";s:29:"White guys can't jump, so no.";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:4957;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4957;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"39437";s:5:"title";s:37:"It's all about Marion and Amare...No.";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:4958;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4958;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"39437";s:5:"title";s:55:"Nash is overated...leading the league in assists is gay";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:4:"3446";i:1;s:3:"271";}}}
    0%
    sigpicRoth Army Canada
  • EbDawson
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

Possibly, but it's a long season so don't give anything away just yet. It'll be interesting to see if the Suns make it to the playoffs healthy if they'll challenge the Spurs/Mavs for the finals. Of course don't forget LA and Kobe either. Looks like they may be able to turn it up a notch over there.
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

This 42 point night comes after a 20 assist performance.

If only the Suns could play even a lick of defence.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

No way he wins three, he shouldn't have won two.

His defense is nothing to get excited over either.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Way too early to be talking about this.

Also, not to diminish's Nash's performance last night (which was awesome), but his numbers were spiked because there were 2 OT periods.
          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
            Way too early to be talking about this.

Also, not to diminish's Nash's performance last night (which was awesome), but his numbers were spiked because there were 2 OT periods.
            The Suns have won nine in a row or 9 of ten...

Steve followed his 20 assist performance with last night's

I think it's the perfect time to talk of this.

Dude hit the tying three in regulation and drove to the basket in OT relentlessly.

Say what you want about his D but he can't be stopped.

Maybe the Suns can win the West by winning 130-125 every game?
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I actually think that RIGHT NOW...

today...

I would vote for him for MVP...with or without Amare...

He DID NOT deserve either of the other two...

but this year...he's playing even at a higher level...

willing the team to play well while it learns to gel with Amare again...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Well the Suns finally lose to the Wizards. Only 15 in a row.

Nash scored 42 and had 12 assists on 14 of 25 shooting.

Damn! Arenas and Nash looked all-world again.

Nash tying it up yet again with a three in regulation.

Arenas got lucky with a 3, banked in unintentionally, but played like a monster.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• tjvhou812
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

you guys 4getting about Dirk Nowitzki
                  Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• EbDawson
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                    you guys 4getting about Dirk Nowitzki
                    No, he's a great player but he won't seriously challenge for the MVP.

The Mavs (Cuban/Johnson) have built up a lineup that takes alot of pressure off of Dirk. He doesn't have to score 30 pts. for them to win (doesn't hurt though). There's some pretty good scorers in that lineup. Case in point; Dirk "only" scored 20 tonight but they blew out the Clippers. He got alot of help.

Suns on the other hand need a great year from Nash to challenge for a title. Points and assists. I could give a rats ass if he wins it or not but he's the front runner for now.
                    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Actually Carlos Boozer should be mentioned in MVP discussions right now too.
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I don't disagree with the "Loozer" being mentioned...

but he will never win...period...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...