X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Isn't this whole debacle the result of some Laker "insider" revisiting the Shaq saga?

When Kobe called out Shaq, he was justified each and every time.
    The only thing Kobe was wrong about was his admission to the cops about how Shaq pays them off when the Denver incident happened.

If people call that "pissing and moaning" well, they are just wrong.

Shaq was lazy and his work ethic sucked. His laziness cost them at least one ring.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Shaq has gotten heavy and pretty much pisses on the regular season. Kobe was on board when the Pistons beat them, nobody's fault there really. Shaq still seemed to have the numbers although Kobe hit the big shot in one game.

But he has won without Kobe, and the Heat have comparable talent, EXCEPT for Wade. Kobe hasn't had help, but he had to know with his contract and the cap situation, this was a possibility. He cannot expect Buss to just keep paying the luxury tax and quite frankly, it isn't like Kobe is that beloved around the league where many players are standing in line to play with him.

I understand it isn't his fault tha Odom gets hurt, or what players Kupchak brings in, and I don't think Kupchak is worth damn either I really don't.

But his method of handling it is wrong, and the issue that he has certain "rights" is something I don't agree with. He's thrown about everyone he can under the bus, which just isn't right for the face of the franchise, the undisputed leader of the team, and league icon to do. I can't agree with it.

Its basically the method T.O. used to get out of Philly, only now Kobe has brought about himself the criticism and jokes that are being played out throughout sports by backtracking and now basically saying he wants to stay.

He's won titles. There are great players, HOF's, who haven't. I would be more sympathetic maybe if he hadn't. In my opinion, Garnett has a bigger bitch, as does Kidd, and yet you don't hear about them in the same breath as what Kobe has done in this past week.

Someone in the front office brought up the Shaq deal again. Ok, maybe a dumb move, and a sore spot for Kobe and the organization, but its almost like he ran to his room and threw himself on the bed.
      Last edited by ALinChainz; 06-02-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

funny....seems like LeBron is doing it all by himself....hummm

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Close ... Lebron, the Pistons are helping big time, and the officials.

Yeah, pretty much a team effort.

Besides, the next round?

LeBron won't beat the Spurs by himself. They don't beat themselves like Detroit is right now.

Plus, although I doubt it, they were in this position last season also, up 3-2, going back to Cleveland ...

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

And yes, for the record ... Flamma, Unchainme, and Chi ... yes, I am a pissy loser.

I am not a bad winner, because I know how it is to lose. But yes when it comes to sports, and winning:

1. I am a homer, period.

2. I am a sore, pissy loser.

3. I am not out to offend anyone so don't ever be. I don't take it personal and don't make it such. Sports brings about passionate debate and opinions, which makes for good forums.

4. Repeat #1 & #2.

:bottle:

Comment

• chi-town324
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2007

Comment

• chi-town324
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2007

sorry about the double post!

Comment

• chi-town324
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2007

dont worry Al we all love our teams and you should be a homer!! thats what its all about!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by chi-town324
                    I think Lebron is smart enough to know he needs his team involved.

Give him credit for realizing that although he could score 40 a night, every night, he saw the bigger picture.

Still, no team with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown as starters is going anywhere.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Little Late-Breaking Laker Tidbit as we Speak

Marcus Camby: Lakers Showing Interest

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Update: The Lakers have reportedly talked to the Nuggets about trading Kwame Brown for Camby, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Recommendation: Having Camby in the middle would help pacify the disgruntled Kobe Bryant, and Brown's expiring contract would open up $9.1 million in cap space after this coming season for the Nuggets. Still, the Lakers may have to further sweeten the pot to make this trade a reality.

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                        I think Lebron is smart enough to know he needs his team involved.

Give him credit for realizing that although he could score 40 a night, every night, he saw the bigger picture.

Still, no team with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown as starters is going anywhere.
                        agreed

Comment

• EbDawson
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2004

Nowitzke for Kobe? Rumor making the rounds is Dirk (plus another Mav, Terry, Harris etc.) for Kobe. As a frustrated Mav fan, I dunno, couldn't hurt. I'm convinced Nowitzke will be in the Hall of Fame one day. I'm also convinced he'll never be a big game player. It's not just the playoffs when he disappears but in big games in the season. He choked against Nash and the Suns in the regular season. Byrant may be a jerk (then again maybe not) but the dude has ice water in his veins. I doubt Cuban will move Dirk. Doesn't look like they'll ever win the big one with him either.
                          "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• chi-town324
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2007

never say never..but showing up in big games is the only flaw in Dirks game...

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by chi-town324
                              never say never..but showing up in big games is the only flaw in Dirks game...
                              That's a pretty big flaw considering that he is on a team that is always in the playoffs. Being able to perform in big games is what separated players like Jordan, Bird and Magic from other NBA stars.
                              And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• EbDawson
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                                That's a pretty big flaw considering that he is on a team that is always in the playoffs. Being able to perform in big games is what separated players like Jordan, Bird and Magic from other NBA stars.
                                Yep!
                                "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

Working...