ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

I fancy Dawson but I defo think I won't end as weird as the last one
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I think it is a tough one to call.My head says Dawson has this one in the bag.He is more than proficient technically speaking and has pretty much all the advantages.I can see he using his height and reach,working behind his jab to build up a lead on points and trying to finnish late on.However,I can never really count Bhop out.I can see Bhop fighting gritty and ugly.A few fouls here and there,Try and smother him in the clinch and hit him on the break,Using feints like the first fight.

Either way I think right now it will go to points,Not sure who yet though.Will make my mind up on that later
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

I have been leaning toward Dawson in this fight as well but my concern is that Hopkins is pissed. He will turn that anger into an ultra determined performance and reach into his vast bag of tricks to try and outfox Dawson. Dawson, on the other hand, may let his emotions get the best of him and if he doesn't have his head on straight will likely fall into the traps that Bhop will have set for him. All that being said, he is bigger and younger. I am seeing a split decision, possibly controversial, for Hopkins in a very physical match in which rounds could be scored either way. I would look for the same type of fight from Hopkins he produced in winning the belt in Canada. I can see the announcers saying that the rounds are difficult to score and them acknowledging that the judges could all have very different score cards and no particular way being arguable. Hopkins will get the decision and no one will have a problem with it except for Dawson who will think that he won the fight without question. Hopkins will have his rye smile intact and say that he dominated the fight. Wheels will start to turn for a third fight.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Dawson looks great against guys who come to fight - Bhop doesn't do that. Watch the Pascal-Dawson fight and see how much trouble basic movement can cause Dawson.

Dawson has a great skillset - but so does Zab Judah. Both guys, however, are mental midgets.

On paper Dawson should win - if a guy with Jermain Taylor can beat a much younger Bhop, then Dawson should too. My suspicion, however, is that after an early lead he'll get out-boxed.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Mikkel Kessler - Allan Green at 175 on may 19th.

I'm intrigued to see how both of these guys look at the higher weight - I think Kessler's best days are behind him, but it's a real possibility that he could win a belt at 175.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Well, Dawson did not let his emotions get the better of him as he cruised past Hopkins. I don't have a clue as to what the judge saw who scored it even. What a joke. I hope that will conclude this series as i would not care to see this snoozer again.
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Bit scrappy tho ... U think bhop will retire ?

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Ok a wake a bit more . So dawsons people want a shot at andre ward .. Anybody fancy a slice of that action ? I think it could be a good match up.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                    I don't have a clue as to what the judge saw who scored it even. What a joke.
                    That judge was on dope.

I love Hopkins, but his time is up. He has resorted to dirty tactics. If he wants to continue to fight, he needs to move to the MMA. Not saying MMA is a dirty game, just more in line with the style he is now fighting.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I would like to point out that if anyone hypes Seth Mitchell in this thread I will bitch-slap them.

The word 'pudding' comes to mind.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

It was a clear win for Dawson, and congratulations to him. I had it closer than the two judges who scored in his favour - the idea of some commentators that this was 'easy' is crazy, Hopkins was creating problems and landing some very crisp punches - but Dawson can rule the roost at 175 if he wishes.

Personally, I'd keep him away from Ward - too fast, too slick, and too complete. Dawson wouldn't do well there - I really didn't see anything to impress me that much last night. Dawson's people should look at Tarvis Cloud and Jean Pascall, and keep their eye out for Carl Froch moving up to 175. Three decent fights for him that he can win.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Yeah I think ward has to much for Dawson but am a bit biased am a fan of ward , am Sure the winner of the cloud fight will be something Dawsons people will keep an eye on .

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Am on my mobile so can't sort it but has any one seen the u tube clip of Tyson fury punching himself ... Pretty funny someone showed it me last night :-)

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Cool find DB