X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

You said he was going to 'nick it on points' 4 posts ago!
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Yeah ... I spent that long checking out odds and reading about the fight ... I changed my mind a dozen times ... Am sticking with a late round stoppage ... Watch this space for another u turn in 4 posts time ,.... OR I could stop watching u tube and reading up on the fight before I totally go round the twist
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Kessler by KO in 10

Green has a punchers chance up until the mid rounds.Then he will take a beating.Green will have to go for it as no way he get's a point's win in Denmark
        Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 05-17-2012, 03:50 PM.
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

It all depends on how much Kessler has left and whether the layoff has affected him.

I guess we'll find out!

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

plus i think its more fun to pick rounds ....... ( plus four posts = many stella )

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

the odds for green getting a knockout are wild ... 66-1 for most rounds .. which is crazy in a two horse race with somoeone who is supposed to pack a punch

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

interesting watching some green stuff on utube , glen johnson looked ok against him and knocked him out and then got beat off both bute and froch.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

That's because Green is a chump.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I would not say either guy is a grade A fighter personally.I would say Kessler is a B+ and Green a B-.Green has talked a good game but claims Kessler has bad defence.Now,My problem with this coming from green is the implication that Green is some kind of defensive genius.Neither of them have particularly good defence but of the two Kessler is better.Green also lacks mental stamina.The early rounds he will probably look ok but as the mid rounds grind on and we get to later rounds his head will be all over the place and Kessler will lick him (I love old boxing terminology )

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

the more i watched these two last night ... the more froch bute looked tastey

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                        I would not say either guy is a grade A fighter personally.I would say Kessler is a B+ and Green a B-.Green has talked a good game but claims Kessler has bad defence.Now,My problem with this coming from green is the implication that Green is some kind of defensive genius.Neither of them have particularly good defence but of the two Kessler is better.Green also lacks mental stamina.The early rounds he will probably look ok but as the mid rounds grind on and we get to later rounds his head will be all over the place and Kessler will lick him (I love old boxing terminology )

Or as binnie said Green is a chump
                        Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 05-18-2012, 04:39 AM. Reason: Not big enough wink

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Kessler certainly used to be an 'A' fighter - the Kessler that fought Calzaghe was a monster. Even since the 'slide' has kicked in, he's still been able to beat Froch, which is quite an achievement.

In fact, had it not been for injury he would have been in the Super Six final (where he would have lost to Andre Ward again): Arthur Abraham, Glenn Johnson and Carl Froch are a level below Kessler.

We'll find out if the slide is reversible on Saturday.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

The binnie breakdown: Mikkel Kessler - Allan Green.

Here is a fight in which much is unknown: both guys are moving up from 168lbs to 175lbs, and we have no idea how each will fare with the additional weight; Kessler is coming off a long lay-off following a series of injuries; and Green has struggled to find a path back to the big time after being spectacularly KO's by Glenn Johnson in the the Super Six tournament. All bets are made with caution, therefore. In Kessler, you have a great fighter who has been on the slide since his 2007 fighter with Joe Calzaghe. Since then, his pattented 1-2 has lost it's sharpness, and he looks to have lost a step defensively. That being said, Kessler is a 3 time Supermiddleweight champion, and has suffered losses only to Calzaghe - an ATG and future Hall of Famer - and Andre Ward - who looks set to be a future pound-for-pound king, and since those loses has both won a title and beaten an 'A' rate fighter in Carl Froch. If the slide has not become too rapid, this should be his night.

Green has a size advantage and a decent pop in his punches. But he just doesn't have the mental stamina to hit the big time. There's no shame in being whooped by Andre Ward, but getting beat up by a guy as old as Johnson is a worrying sign, as is the fact that Green failed to beat Edison Miranda, who at times out-boxed him (!). Expect Kessler to show signs of ring-rust, but to utilize his improved body punching to rough Green up, break him down and stop him later in the fight. Kessler is relentless once he puts an opponent on the back front, and he'll probably have the edge in speed and strength here. Kessler is in his back yard and knows that if he loses, there's really nowhere to go. Green, therefore, presents an opportunity for the Viking Warrior, and I fully expect him to take it.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Another good one there.I am loving the binnie breakdown

Comment

Working...