X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

The binnie breakdown: Carl Froch vs Lucien Bute.

This is a genuine 'pick 'em' fight with many, many unknowns. One guy looks to be on the up (Bute) and is striving to cement his place as the pre-eminent fighter at 168 (Andre Ward aside); the other looks to be on the down, coming second in the super six after having his ass handed to him by the two best fighters he's fought (Mikkel Kessler and Andre Ward). Bute is deservedly the favourite. He's been getting sharper and - crucially - more versatile with every fight: not only is he the quicker man here (by some way), he is more mobile, has a greater punch repetoire, and has developed into a tasty body puncher. That's bad news for Froch: much of Kessler's success over him came from working the gut, and Ward made use of that area too, as well as Bute's other successful attrribute - darting in and out of range via speedy footwork. If Bute comes to box, not to brawl, it's a hard night's work for Froch.

But Froch has much going for him. He is ridiculously tough and can come back from adversity (he was 14 seconds away from being beaten by Jerman Taylor). I don't see Bute stopping him, and to get a decision in Froch's home town the points advantage will have to be clear. Froch may have an open defence that Bute will mercilessly exploit, but he also throws his shots from odd angles - if he can avoid loading up and throwing wild ones early on, he could catch Bute and take him out of his rhythm. Froch's plan will be to rough Bute up, as he can't win a boxing match here like he did against Abraham and Johnson. He will take confidence in the fact that he has been in with the better opposition, and that this is a step up for Bute who, whilst certainly an established champion, has spent much of his time in with 'B' level fighters. You never know how some will react to stepping up and not having everything their own way, and Froch could capitalize on that. When I think about Bute, I think about that first fight with Librado Andrade where he should have been KO'd in the 12th (but was saved by the world's slowest counting ref) - Andrade is no puncher, and Froch may have the power to do Bute: indeed, Bute uses his speed to avoid getting hit cleanly but he may find that nullified by Froch's awkwardness.

That being said, however, Bute's team wouldn't be coming to Nottingham if they didn't think that they could win: they clearly see Froch as a stepping stone to mega-fights. I imagine that Bute's mystery 'foot infection' muted several weeks ago was misinformation to fuck with Froch' head - there's no way they're throwing him into this fight if he's not fully mobile. I expect Bute to win via UD after some close rounds early on. When I think of Froch's fights, I think of the problems which Ward's movements caused him, and that of Andre Dirrell (a fight which I against thought Froch lost). Jermain Taylor had similar success until he started gassing out, and I can't help thinking that Froch will eventually be made to look flat footed again on Saturday night.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Looking forward to this one.I expect Bute to start fairly cautiously in the early stages.Try to keep Froch away with his jab and quick combo's.Froch will try to position him so he can plant his feet and rough him up on the inside.If Froch can control the ring and unload his power he will knock Bute on his ass.However,There is no chance in hell Bute will want to mix it up with him.Bute has never had a problem with stamina so as long as he does not get comfortable with his jab and try to mix it up with Froch he should take this one.

I am going Bute UD
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

cracking binnie break down ...
        My head after watching a lot of bute says bute , my heart wants froch ... am hoping the step up in class , the fact he wont have fought someone as awkward as froch , home turf and the fact froch knows if he loses this he is only gonna have domestic fights left really means if he aint up for this he never will be.

I totally agree that butes team are using this as a step up to bigger things and am guessing they had picked froch for a reason so will be preparded for all of the above .... but am sure jermain taylors team thought the same ( wishful thinking part one ).

I dont think froch can win this on points bute is a better boxer , but total wishful thinking ( wishful thinking 2 wishful thinking strikes back ) is if later in the fight he can tire bute and get him to brawl he hasnt fought someone who can hit like froch (wishful thinking part 3 .. the return of the wishful thinking).....

So if froch can somehow negate bute body puches that will totally cut him to bits ... if we were betting i would go for froch to win by knockout in the later rounds .........feels weird even typing it .... I now expect to be chased from the board like frankensteins monster with the army boxing pundits chasing me with flaming torches out of the army village
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

As has been said countless time's Froch is a TOUGH fighter.A hard nights work for anyone.Froch will need to control the ring if he wants to take this one.No way Froch will be going for a points win,He will probably feel Bute out for the early rounds as he is still an unknown entity in this one.Who knows what will happen,If Froch and his corner are 100% they may come up with something mid fight .We all know Bute's strategy will be to work behind his jab and stay the hell away from Froch.If Bute slacks in the slightest that will be all Froch needs to sneak one in and change the fight.I don't think Bute will get lax in his game plan but stranger things have happened.I am still going with Bute by UD but after reading Vandeleur's post I really thought twice about it

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I just think that Froch has been lucky a couple of times in his career.

If that fight with Dirrell had been anywhere but Nottingham, he'd have lost the decision (it was a stinker, but Dirrell was nicking the rounds); and Jermain Taylor pretty much had him beaten until the last round. Can one man be lucky again?

We'll see....

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

if were betting people ..
              a bute decision is 13/8 .. which gives you a winning of 2.63 for your dollar bet ...unless binnie spunks ( thats a technical term ) all his 1.72 dollars in the ring and frankly that will take me a week to work that out lol
              froch by ko is 6/1 ...

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

I'll keep my .72 in reserve and bet $1 on a Bute decision.

Hope Froch wins because I don't really see where he goes if he loses.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I should keep better track off all this but do i have any money left to bet with?

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

db your with everybody but binnie . we all have , minus my comission and army tax....1 dollar

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by binnie
                      I'll keep my .72 in reserve and bet $1 on a Bute decision.

Hope Froch wins because I don't really see where he goes if he loses.
                      i think your right .. a lot of my worry is that if he doesnt win he may have to retire , or start drop down the rankings to being just a fighter who fights for uk titles which would be a shame

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

He won't do that.

I imagine he'd have a go at 175lbs - maybe a rematch with Pascall, or a fight with Nathan Cleverly.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

froch pascall was a war ... it put years on both of them lol

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

...I have been convincing myself that Bute is going to win this fight so bad...the more I read and hear about it the more confuse and unsure I am.
                            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Froch's bad attitude aside, he IS tough. And Bute seemingly tires easily if made to work, so if Froch manages to nullify Bute's speed and footwork advantage, it could be a rough night for Bute.

Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

I'll take Froch in a SD here. I am hoping this will be a classic. I look for Froch to stun Bute in this fight a couple of times. I think the scoring will be favorible for Froch. Bute is going to have to really go in there and win by a wide margin and clearly outclass Froch to get a decision. I don't think he will do it. If he does it won't be by enough to get a decision here.

The best part of this beyond a classic fight is that we get to see countless shots of Froch's baby mama!!!!!!
                                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...