X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Yep.

I guess the ball is in Kessler's court. If I was in team Kessler, I'd be looking for a fight with Arthur Abraham (easy money against a big name) or Lucien Bute. That's if Kessler wants to stay at 168 - he might want to campaign at 175 where the champs are arguably weaker.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

My notes from the fight:

The ring walks were awesome. I thought it was ominous when Froch came out to Robert Tepper's "There's No Easy Way Out" from the Rocky IV soundtrack. Did Froch look jacked up or what? Then, when Bute came out, it was hard to hear early on what his song was but from the opening beat and notes, i swear, i thought it was "Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung. Then as it went on i realized that thankfully it wasn't. I am not familiar with the song but it seemed as happy and go lucky as Bute is. I thought it was a good choice.

It was good to see and hear Sugar Ray Leonard back on fight analysis. Epix did a good job hiring him to fill in for Freddie Roach who is away with Pac Man right now. Back in the day when Sugar Ray retired the first time, he went into broadcasting and called a lot of fights for HBO. I always thought he was one of the best in the business as far as fighters who could call fights and break down the action as it was happening. Good to see him back and hopefully he will get a full time gig. HBO or Showtime would do themselves a big favor by seeking out his services.

Bute was such a great sportsman and that is so refreshing to see. In contrast, i don't think Froch would have reacted in kind. Bute could have left immediately but he didn't run away and hide. To stand there and clap for Froch goes a long way in my book.

Not enough shots of Froch's girlfriend. First of all, marry that woman. Secondly, nice dress.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Call me crazy but i think Bute will exercise the rematch clause. All of the fans know that he has the option so if it doesn't happen everyone is going to know that Bute didn't want it. Bute has a lot of heart and i don't think he is going to want to lose face with his Canadian fans. I think in his mind, despite what happened in Nottingham, he feels he can beat Froch. He will probably look to fight a different style like moving and trying to counter punch. Kessler is the one we want to see now because he topped Froch in a war and i believe Froch wants to make ammends for that. Froch made it pretty clear after the fight (without actually saying it) that he wants no part of an Andre Ward rematch.

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
          Call me crazy but i think Bute will exercise the rematch clause. All of the fans know that he has the option so if it doesn't happen everyone is going to know that Bute didn't want it. Bute has a lot of heart and i don't think he is going to want to lose face with his Canadian fans. I think in his mind, despite what happened in Nottingham, he feels he can beat Froch. He will probably look to fight a different style like moving and trying to counter punch. Kessler is the one we want to see now because he topped Froch in a war and i believe Froch wants to make ammends for that. Froch made it pretty clear after the fight (without actually saying it) that he wants no part of an Andre Ward rematch.
          I agree with you...can they increase the size of the ring for a rematch as per the contract, I think it would favor Bute if the ring was larger...not saying I have much confidence on Bute after Saturdays disaster...Bute has alot to work on in order to retrieve any confidence...
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Unless Bute can put muscles on his chin and learn to avoid blocking punches with his face, the rematch would look exactly the same.

What we all underestimated here was Froch's strength - it nullified Bute's speed advantage because he was simply able to bully Lucien onto the ropes and unload. Bute had had it too easy with the B level fighters and he'd fooled us. But Saturday was classic, classic, exposure.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Froch's options as I see them are , bute re match .... Not sure that will happen soon ,bute just got blown out the water I can't see him wanting one straight away .
              Kessler then warde ... Froch could go along the lines of trying to wipe the slate clean of his defeats, Kessler could definatley be on his radar and would be a great fight .. If he won then warde ...my opinion of this happening involves option three .
              Option three .. Have a couple of easier pay heavy fights . Froch's last half a dozen fights have been wars and they have to have taken there toll , maybe a couple of paydays then go for option 2 and see what's left in engine .
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by binnie
                Unless Bute can put muscles on his chin and learn to avoid blocking punches with his face, the rematch would look exactly the same.

What we all underestimated here was Froch's strength - it nullified Bute's speed advantage because he was simply able to bully Lucien onto the ropes and unload. Bute had had it too easy with the B level fighters and he'd fooled us. But Saturday was classic, classic, exposure.
                I know what you mean and I have thought the same for a long time...actually since he refused to be involved in the super six...... then he went on to win with Glen Johnson after Johnson lost in 12 rounds to Froch in AC...that confused me alot going into the Bute-Froch fight...
                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  Froch's options as I see them are , bute re match .... Not sure that will happen soon ,bute just got blown out the water I can't see him wanting one straight away .
                  Kessler then warde ... Froch could go along the lines of trying to wipe the slate clean of his defeats, Kessler could definatley be on his radar and would be a great fight .. If he won then warde ...my opinion of this happening involves option three .
                  Option three .. Have a couple of easier pay heavy fights . Froch's last half a dozen fights have been wars and they have to have taken there toll , maybe a couple of paydays then go for option 2 and see what's left in engine .
                  Froch will be looking for Kessler or Pavlik at 168 (Pavlik has expressed interest). Doubt he'll go near Ward to be honest.

If not those guys, then perhaps some fights at 175 - a rematch with Pascall, for instance. Then retire.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Crappy news guys:

Reports are coming in that Paul 'The Punisher' Williams has been involved in a bike accident and may be paralysed from the waist down.

Get well soon champ!!!

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Echo what binnie said ... Sad news
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Oh, that sucks...
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
                          Oh, that sucks...
                          Just saw the news on the ticker. Terrible. Appears he was in a motorcyle accident not far from me over in Atlanta, GA.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Hope Williams makes a full recovery

In other boxing news Johnny 'Mi Vida Loca' Tapia was found Dead on Sunday in His Home.I would recommend his his autobiography for anyone who likes boxing books,a very interesting story.This guy lead a life full of murder and sadness
                            Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 05-29-2012, 08:04 AM.
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• fourthcoming

R.I.P. Johnny Tapia.....tortured soul.....5 championships in 3 weight classes.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Shit, what a crappy week for boxing.

Comment

Working...