X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I'm moderately intrigued by Winky Wright - Peter Quillin.

Winky is - without question - one of the best fighters of the past 20 years. But he looked shot to bits last time out against Paul Williams and that was, what, 2 years ago. Quillin has showed promise, but you can't help but think that Winky is the sacrificial stepping stone here for major paydays for this new hot shot. If Quillin can't beat a guy in his 40s coming off a 2 year layoff, then he really is a hype job.

My suspicion is that once Martinez moves out of the way, 160 will be Quillin's division.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

think i read some were that winky hasnt won a fight for 6 years ? doesnt sound good , and to be honest i havent seen any quillin . Is he worth checking out on youtube ?
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
        Has Tarver done ANYTHING of note besides the lucky shot that knocked out Roy Jones jr.?
        Yeah, he took a pretty good beating going the twelve round distance against Rocky Balboa.......or was that Mason "The Line" Dixon?
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
          Yeah, he took a pretty good beating going the twelve round distance against Rocky Balboa.......or was that Mason "The Line" Dixon?
          Best line in that movie is Rocky yelling at his kid "Don't hit me - I'm brittle!"
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
            Best line in that movie is Rocky yelling at his kid "Don't hit me - I'm brittle!"
            I thought "Rocky Balboa" was a really good movie and Tarver, while not asked to do TOO much (he basically played himself), did a great job.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I thought "Rocky Balboa" was a really good movie and Tarver, while not asked to do TOO much (he basically played himself), did a great job.
              That was a good movie. Good ending - wouldn't have been as good if Rocky had won. The fight scenese were freakin' awesome.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                That was a good movie. Good ending - wouldn't have been as good if Rocky had won. The fight scenese were freakin' awesome.
                It was way better than I expected it to be. Tarver wasn't bad, but he's still near the end of his boxing career, and probably should stick to commentating and the occasional acting gig.

Speaking of fight scenes, I still wish they would've had Roy Jones kick some ass in a "Matrix" fight alongside Neo and the gang...
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  Yeah, doing the fight scenes with the HBO crew and graphics gave it a genuine feel, sort of like the golf tournament footage in Tin Cup with Nance, McCord and all the pro golfers. Some of the Balboa/Dixon fight scenes were filmed during a genuine HBO PPV fight, but I can't remember which one. Wasn't it like a Morales or Pacquiao fight? I read somewhere that some of the scenes had to be re-edited and rearranged due to Stallone and Tarver throwing a few real punches and both men experiencing some swelling and bloody noses during filming.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Yeah, doing the fight scenes with the HBO crew and graphics gave it a genuine feel, sort of like the golf tournament footage in Tin Cup with Nance, McCord and all the pro golfers. Some of the Balboa/Dixon fight scenes were filmed during a genuine HBO PPV fight, but I can't remember which one. Wasn't it like a Morales or Pacquiao fight? I read somewhere that some of the scenes had to be re-edited and rearranged due to Stallone and Tarver throwing a few real punches and both men experiencing some swelling and bloody noses during filming.
                    That was probably just hype to pump up the sales for the movie. If Sly threw a real punch at Tarver i'm afraid Sly would be dead right now.
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

In other news it appears James Kirkland had agreed to take Paul Williams' spot againts Canelo Alvarez but today, just a day later, he has pulled out of the fight. Apparently Kirkland is having issues with his shoulder and is also upset about the 1 million he was going to get for the fight. He wants 2.5 M instead.

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                        That was probably just hype to pump up the sales for the movie. If Sly threw a real punch at Tarver i'm afraid Sly would be dead right now.
                        Oooh, I'm not so sure about that. Stallone has got some serious muscle packed on his frame. Watch some of his training videos on YouTube and you'll see he's not a pampered Hollywood pretty boy who's afraid he's going to ruin his manicure.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Oooh, I'm not so sure about that. Stallone has got some serious muscle packed on his frame. Watch some of his training videos on YouTube and you'll see he's not a pampered Hollywood pretty boy who's afraid he's going to ruin his manicure.
                          Not trying to get too far off topic here..but everyone should check out the bonus footage on the DVD/blueray. According to Stallone they didn't put a "punch" sound behind anything that wasn't a real hit. Of course, they're not goin' at it full-tilt-boogie but they were actually connecting with each other. It was a concern during filming because, obviously, your face starts swelling up the more you get hit. The fight scenes kicked ass! But then again, Stallone practically wrote the book on how to shoot boxing for a film.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

I know exactly what you mean. They are called potatoe punches because they make contact but they aren't thrown at full strength. Since they are thrown with some velocity enough of them will cause marks after a while.
                            Last edited by sonrisa salvaje; 06-02-2012, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                              In other news it appears James Kirkland had agreed to take Paul Williams' spot againts Canelo Alvarez but today, just a day later, he has pulled out of the fight. Apparently Kirkland is having issues with his shoulder and is also upset about the 1 million he was going to get for the fight. He wants 2.5 M instead.
                              Kirkland was probably more worried about the problems Canello would inflict on his face........
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

quillin beat winky , but after reading a couple of fight reports sounds like he didnt look great doing it ... and seemingly the tarver kayode draw didnt light up the sky either .
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...