X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

The fucking "winner" of the fight had to show up in a wheelchair.

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

What a load of shit.I would give Bradley maybe 2 rounds at the most.This whole thing must be a set up for a rematch to give Manny an option other than to retire.All the judges score it 115-113?.Boxing continues to dig it's own grave with shit like this.
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I will say this though,Props to Bradley for keeping his head up and trying to move forward.Not his fault the judges were blind i guess.But i doubt even he thinks he won the fight.After he was announced the winner he should have walked over to Pacquiao and handed him his belt back

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
          The fucking "winner" of the fight had to show up in a wheelchair.

What. The. FUCK.

A friend was texting me fight updates during the VH show... after getting a few about Bradley "blocking punches with his skull" (and seeing a tweet from HBO about how Lederman only gave Bradley 1 round) about 3/4 through Van Halen's set I get one that says "OMFG dude...the judges gave it to Bradley!" I replied "WHAT?? lmao" and he goes "I'm not fucking kidding, dude!"

Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Very poor decision , bad day for boxing .
            I had Bradley with the last three but nothing else .
            On another note , I think PAC is starting to show signs he is burnt out ... He rested at least half of every round and his stamina looks very suspect ... In the middle rounds I thought he could have took it to Bradley and get a decision but he hasnt got the engine and he rested on thinking he had all the early rounds .
            Need to watch it again but am still shocked at the decision
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• TJ71
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Feb 2012

This is way boxing is taking a backseat to MMA.

Comment

• chi-town324
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2007

i know Dana White is a happy guy today..boxing is DEAD...as has been for some time

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

See now i have to disagree,There is loads of talent out there and a good group of young guys with potential,just need the right matchups.There are some divisions in boxing that are dead,for example the klitschko ruled heavyweight division but to say the sport as a whole is dead because of that and a ridiculous decision is short sighted.Boxing is not a dead or dying sport, i just think alot of bad press surrounds it.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Dunno how long it will be up, but for anyone (like me) who didn't see the fiasco er...fight last night:

Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

This is the moment where I jump in and say 'Hi, guys, sorry I wasn't here to write a binnie breakdown but if I had I would have said that Bradley would have won by decision (read: robbery)'.

Sorry, I was at Donington watching Metallica, Sabbath, Slash and every fucking band I love :d

I would have picked Pacman in 10. I haven't seen the fight yet to give my opinion on what the judges were seeing - however, given that Pacman has edged 3 close fights with JMM (I thought he lost all 3), this is sort of the chickens coming home to roost, right?

Was there a rematch clause? I've no doubt that there will be a rematch, but I wonder if Bradley will take Floyd first (after Floyd gets out of the pen...)
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Yes there was a rematch clause.That to me is one reason the whole thing stinks of a fix

Hope you had a great time at Download anyway binnie.No place on earth quite like it is there

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

By the way,Was anyone buying Bob Arums "Outrage" at the decision for a second?.I really hope that fucker get's hit by a car or something.The guy even said "I'll make a lot of money off the rematch"
                          Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 06-11-2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Glad u enjoyed donnington ...lucky bastard grumble grumble lol .... Interested to hear your take in the fight in particular your opinion on PAC resting during rounds/stamina

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Oops meant down load , shit showing my age

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Ok, so I watched the fight.

I'm not sure how anyone can give it to Bradley, but at the same time I don't see Pacman as 'dominant' either - Bradley was in every round.

I gave Bradley 3 rounds clearly (1, 2 and 10) and I think that there was a case for rounds 7 and 11. Pacman certainly looked impressive in places (power and footwork), but something occurred to me as I was watching this. Most of Pacman's devastating victories at 147 have come against guys who were bigger, and Pacman outworked and out sped them:

Margarrito - much bigger, slower guy that Pacman could dart in and out and slowly break down
                                De Lay Hoya - much bigger (+ weight drained and shot to bits) guy that Pacman could dart in and out and break down
                                Cotto - bigger and much slower (+ weight drained) guy that Pacaman could dart in and out and breakdown.
                                Clottey - ditto

Not taking anything away from Pacman here (although I don't think the DLH victory means shit), just noting a pattern. Bradley gave him angles, was closer to him in speed and - crucially - had a higher stamina level. Pacman overcame those challenges, but he was struggling (taking rounds and minutes off) and getting clipped quite a lot - if Bradley had more power then this might have been closer.

Do I think Pacman is slipping/ageing? No. I think he looks bad against guys who can box. Was this a vintage Pacman performance? No, but it was still impressive (just not as impressive as the HBO team think).

Bradley kept coming and swinging all night and he got lucky. The reason he was in a wheelchair was because he fucked his ankle up early on, not because Pacman put a beating on him.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...