X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    Yes there was a rematch clause.That to me is one reason the whole thing stinks of a fix

Hope you had a great time at Download anyway binnie.No place on earth quite like it is there
    It was epic. Shit weather for 2 of the 3 days, but epic nonetheless.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

This completely FUCKS Mayweather-Pacman, BTW. Pacman has zero bagaining power now, and there's no way uncle Arum is going to settle for a smaller piece of the pie.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
        Ok, so I watched the fight.

I'm not sure how anyone can give it to Bradley, but at the same time I don't see Pacman as 'dominant' either - Bradley was in every round.

I gave Bradley 3 rounds clearly (1, 2 and 10) and I think that there was a case for rounds 7 and 11. Pacman certainly looked impressive in places (power and footwork), but something occurred to me as I was watching this. Most of Pacman's devastating victories at 147 have come against guys who were bigger, and Pacman outworked and out sped them:

Margarrito - much bigger, slower guy that Pacman could dart in and out and slowly break down
        De Lay Hoya - much bigger (+ weight drained and shot to bits) guy that Pacman could dart in and out and break down
        Cotto - bigger and much slower (+ weight drained) guy that Pacaman could dart in and out and breakdown.
        Clottey - ditto

Not taking anything away from Pacman here (although I don't think the DLH victory means shit), just noting a pattern. Bradley gave him angles, was closer to him in speed and - crucially - had a higher stamina level. Pacman overcame those challenges, but he was struggling (taking rounds and minutes off) and getting clipped quite a lot - if Bradley had more power then this might have been closer.

Do I think Pacman is slipping/ageing? No. I think he looks bad against guys who can box. Was this a vintage Pacman performance? No, but it was still impressive (just not as impressive as the HBO team think).

Bradley kept coming and swinging all night and he got lucky. The reason he was in a wheelchair was because he fucked his ankle up early on, not because Pacman put a beating on him.
        Exactly, Bradley was complaining about the ankle all night in his corner and his cornermen basically were telling him to shut up and fight. In respect to the scoring i don't believe that Bradley won the fight or even got a draw but i do believe that Pac Man helped Bradley's chances by giving away the first 2/3 of every round and then flurrying in the last minute. At the end of the day did Manny end up landing more blows with impact? Yes i think he did, but Bradley did have a constant work rate over the majority of the rounds and Manny did not. After watching the fight again, i can see where a judge may have scored it 8-4 for Manny but i am not really seeing 7-5 for Manny and definitely not 7-5 for Bradley. What i don't understand is that the judges, namely Jerry Roth and Duane Ford, are awesome judges. They are very experienced and 9 times out of 10 i agree with their scoring. However, i don't buy the fight being fixed due to what Binnie pointed out regarding Manny losing so much bargaining power in a potential Mayweather bout.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

This completely FUCKS Mayweather-Pacman, BTW. Pacman has zero bagaining power now, and there's no way uncle Arum is going to settle for a smaller piece of the pie.
          You know Floyd will breathe a sigh of relief when he hears.His 0 is perfectly safe
          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Well, partly perhaps. However, I'm pretty sure that Manny and Floyd would like to beat one another.

It's probably not going to happen, however.

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

More theatrics by Arum. He says he would refuse to promote a rematch.

Also, Bradley's manager, reveals that his fighter has some sort of genetic mutation in his foot. Either that or he is just a garden variety dumb ass.

"He has a lot of pain on the top of the foot and there are 700 bones in there."
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Funny, I figured it meant Pac had no choice but to accept the 60-40 split Mayweather proposed...he already didn't have the bargaining power to demand 50/50, this just confirms it.
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

He'd be lucky to get 70/30 right now.

Arum will crumble and promote Bradley-Pacman II in the Fall in Mayweather doesn't get in first.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

I can't stand Paq but he was robbed, if he does take the split Floyd wants their will be no question though, Paq-fraud will be getting his ass whipped. Still cracks me up that people still buy into the Paq hype, he wouldn't even be Floyd's toughest opponent if you ask me. I can only hope that fight actually happens but Arum is one of the world's biggest pieces of shit, I wouldn't put anything past him.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      I really hope that fucker get's hit by a car or something.The guy even said "I'll make a lot of money off the rematch"
                      I'll drink to that.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Just my 2 cents .. But I just feel that the PAC mayweather fight is even further away now than ever
                        I know PAC had lost before , and imho he didnt lose here , but this match took something away from pacs reputation .
                        A lot of people i have talked to once they got over the shocking decion all commented on pacs work rate over the rounds , every one noticed he fought at most 1/3 of every round ...
                        I don't think PAC has much leverage over the mayweather camp and has a little less now .

Or as my dad said you dont get dodgy decions if you knock the fucker out
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur

Or as my dad said you dont get dodgy decions if you knock the fucker out
                          100% true. Boxing is notorious for shit decisions. I remember watching Chavez/Whitaker and wondering what the fuck happened or what I missed in the fight. It just totally ruins what was once a great sport but don't think for a second I feel bad as far as Paq-fraud goes, he has had more then his share of shit decisions in his favor.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Pac may have gotten robbed, but his performance in the fight further cements my opinion that Mayweather will DESTROY him...he couldn't decisively handle Bradley!
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jhale667
                              Pac may have gotten robbed, but his performance in the fight further cements my opinion that Mayweather will DESTROY him...he couldn't decisively handle Bradley!
                              Oh yeah, Floyd would embarrass him, no doubt in my mind.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                                Oh yeah, Floyd would embarrass him, no doubt in my mind.
                                Nor in mine...I'm almost baffled as to why anyone ever thought he had a snowball's chance in hell.... and demanding a 50/50 split when his PPVs don't generate NEARLY the biz Mayweather's do? Arrogant.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...