X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I say Ortiz beats Khan.Khan has very fast hands but his defence is awful.Ortiz would be able to cut off the ring and have Khan backing up most of the fight and that would spell the end for Khan.As i have said before Khan needs to learn to roll and use his jab to stay in control of his position.I could see the first few rounds being a war but as the fight progressed khan's lack of depth as a fighter would shine and Ortiz would be able to slip some nasty lefts through the glaring hole's in Khan's defence.Khan's below average chin would have him on the back foot and let Ortiz control the ring and let some serious offence fly.They faced each other in the amateurs i seem to remember and Khan won,But i always thought Khan was better suited to the amateur system.

Thanks to TFM_Dale for the sticky
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
      I was thinking more his defence and ring craft , his ability to slip punches ... He looks great attacking I just think he needs to tighten the defence ....
      Saying that after watching the Peterson fight recently and how paq fought .. I did notice both did this only fighting for a 3rd of the round .... I wonder if it's some strange tactic roach has them doing ... Any thoughts ?
      As of late i have been calling Freddie Roach's ability into question.I mean this with all due respect to his illness,But in terms of boxing i don't think he is able to give his fighter's everything they need.He has his guy's fighting in close succession and i think he is spreading himself far too thin.There is no doubt he lives and breathes boxing and has been great for the sport but it is probably time he brought in some more help.His fighter's do not seem to be able to adapt to any situation the way they should and he does not seem to give them the best advice in between rounds.Just look at the Bradley fight.I thought Manny had it on point's but one of the first rules of boxing is do not let it go to the judges.Roach should have told him to step up his production and not throw such wild punches.He does not seem to have a plan B at all

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

If ANYTHING cost Manny that fight, it was the coasting through the rounds...sometimes a flurry at the end can steal a round, but that can't be your ENTIRE gameplan. If he'd been more active, no way could that decision gone to Bradley.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Mayweather wants to hope none of his house mates see the forbes list .... they may want more than a reach around

Floyd Mayweather knocks Tiger Woods off the top of Forbes list
          Floyd Mayweather has overtaken Tiger Woods at the top of Forbes magazine's list of the 100 highest-paid sports personalities over the past year.

Boxer Mayweather, currently serving a three-month jail sentence for domestic assault, made $85m (£54.25m) - a figure bolstered by promoting his own fights.

Golfing legend Woods dropped to third having received $59.4m (£37.92m) with boxer Manny Pacquiao rising to second on earnings of $62m (£39.57m

Forbes list of highest paid sports stars
          1 Floyd Mayweather $85m (£54.25m)

2 Manny Pacquiao $62m (£39.57m)

3 Tiger Woods $59.4m (£37.92m)

4 LeBron James $53m (£33.84m)

5 Roger Federer $52.7m (£33.64)

6 Kobe Bryant $52.3m (£33.38m)

7 Phil Mickelson $47.8m (£30.51m)

8 David Beckham $46m (£29.36m)

9 Cristiano Ronaldo $42.5m (£27.10m)

10 Peyton Manning $42.4m (£27.06m)
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

I think Floyd is probably the best fighter of this era but in my eyes he is no Sugar Ray Leonard. Before everyone jumps on me and compares records, just tell me who Floyd's comparable opponents would be to Duran, Hearns and Hagler.
            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
              I think Floyd is probably the best fighter of this era but in my eyes he is no Sugar Ray Leonard. Before everyone jumps on me and compares records, just tell me who Floyd's comparable opponents would be to Duran, Hearns and Hagler.
              Man there Is no one like sugar ray .. Those fights were golden
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

It's hardly his fault though, is it? You can only beat who they put in front of you.

It's the same with the revisionist history on Mike Tyson - 'who'd he beat when he was in his prime?' There wasn't anyone for him to beat when he was in his prime (although the US heavies in the 80s shit all over the US heavies today, but that's another story).

Sometimes it's not who you beat, but how you beat them. We have to remember that Floyd is not a 147lbs fighter. He was at his best at 130lbs - watch those fights (Corrales, for instance) and you are witnessing one of the greatest ever to lace 'em up. If Floyd would be a tough opponent for the best there ever was at 147, he'd be too much for those at 130 (and probably 135, although he didn't stay there long).

Sugar Ray was an incredible fighter - but he was also provided the stage to shine on by taking those fights (personally, I think he best victory was Benitez, who was tougher than those guys in many ways because he could move). However, think about some of the guys Floyd has beaten at the higher weights:

Oscar De La Hoya (Hall of Famer, and Floyd stepped up in weight to beat him)
                Miguel Cotto (ditto - and a tough SOB)
                Diego Corrales

And then there's a long list of excellent fighters who he DOMINATED. If the Pacman fight happens and Floyd wins, that would be as significant as any of SRL's wins. Martinez at 154 would also be a good scalp.

I see it like this: pound for pound, Floyd is a better fighter than SRL ever was, but if they'd actually met at 147 SRL would have won (because he's naturally the bigger guy).
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Floyd has some good name's on his record but i doubt any are comparable to Duran, Hearns and Hagler.The thing is though given enough work in training camp I could see Floyd having a win over each of these guy's.Taking nothing away from any of them i am a fan of all.Hagler and Hearns are two of my favourite boxers.I think Hearns might give Mayweather the most trouble there.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Erm, I can't see Floyd in with Hagler, to be honest. Way too much - Hagler was a career middleweight. There's certainly a argument to be made that from a pound for pound perspective Floyd is superior, but not head to head. I'd say the same with Hearns and Leonard - these guys were much bigger than Floyd, who started life off at 130.

Duran, now that's an interesting proposition. Duran was something else, especially at those lighter weights, and I'd love to see him and Floyd at 135 - I suspect Duran wins, but I'm not adverse to the idea that Floyd is too fast and out thinks him.

But at 147, Hearns is the real problem for Floyd. Too tall, and he could move too.
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Hearns was built like a freak.I think he get's overshadowed by Sugar Ray sometimes and people forget just how good he was.I would love to see a Floyd - Duran fight as they could pretty much have what ever the hell weight you want.I think weight would be a big factor in the winner of that one.With regards to Hagler,I was hesitant to include him in there,Perhaps I should not have.Hagler was a monster

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur

8 David Beckham $46m (£29.36m)
                          How in the name of cunt did he manage that when he played about the same amount of football I did last year?

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Joke - it's refreshing...

Comment