X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Think it will be another good match up but I don't see Martinez getting beat, but like I said its a good fight with two good fighters.
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

The binnie Breakdown - Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson.

No-one should imagine that this will be a blood and thunder match up, but what we will witness on Saturday is two of the best boxers on the planet comparing notes. Dawson is back on the glory road after getting embarrassed by Jean Pascall - his victory over living legend Bernard Hopkins last time out can only have pushed his confidence over the top, and the composure and poise he showed in delivering that performance should make Ward take note. Dawson will have the reach and height advantages, and he'll show Ward some things that he has not seen in his pro career thus far: combination punching, lateral movement and counter-punching. Neither guy is a huge puncher, but Dawson certainly has the edge. Put those skills, power and confidence together, and it's easy to talk yourself into believing that Dawson can win.

Fluke punches aside, however, I can't see that happening. If it's true that Ward has never faced a pure boxer, you could say the same of Dawson. Beating a 48 year old Hopkins is one thing, but beating a guy with Ward's work rate is quite another - especially when Dawson will undoubtedly be weight-drained (coming down to 168 from 175 when you are 6' 3'' is foolhardy). Ward has the faster fists, faster feet, and unrelenting momentum: this is a man who proved himself tougher than Froch and Kessler, two guys who are stronger and mentally tougher than 'Bad' Chad. You can't imagine that it's going to be easy - and I'm fascinated to know how Ward will fight someone who doesn't come forward - but I imagine Ward will pinch the early rounds by throwing more leather, before targetting Dawson's body in the middle rounds. Pin point punching and combinations will see him beat Dawson to the punch all night long.

Ward by UD.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
        Am I the nly one that thinks Martinez is going to beat the shit out of Chavez? Dude's way too fast and ring savvy for Chavez at this point...anything's possible, I but I don't see Chavez pulling this one out...
        I'd have to agree.

Chavez's team seem very confident, but I can't work out why. The one issue is size: Martinez is not a natural 160 fighter (he's a 154) and Chavez is WAY bigger. He'll be 15-20 pounds heavier come fight night. Maybe they think he can bully Martinez.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          The binnie Breakdown - Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson.

No-one should imagine that this will be a blood and thunder match up, but what we will witness on Saturday is two of the best boxers on the planet comparing notes. Dawson is back on the glory road after getting embarrassed by Jean Pascall - his victory over living legend Bernard Hopkins last time out can only have pushed his confidence over the top, and the composure and poise he showed in delivering that performance should make Ward take note. Dawson will have the reach and height advantages, and he'll show Ward some things that he has not seen in his pro career thus far: combination punching, lateral movement and counter-punching. Neither guy is a huge puncher, but Dawson certainly has the edge. Put those skills, power and confidence together, and it's easy to talk yourself into believing that Dawson can win.

Fluke punches aside, however, I can't see that happening. If it's true that Ward has never faced a pure boxer, you could say the same of Dawson. Beating a 48 year old Hopkins is one thing, but beating a guy with Ward's work rate is quite another - especially when Dawson will undoubtedly be weight-drained (coming down to 168 from 175 when you are 6' 3'' is foolhardy). Ward has the faster fists, faster feet, and unrelenting momentum: this is a man who proved himself tougher than Froch and Kessler, two guys who are stronger and mentally tougher than 'Bad' Chad. You can't imagine that it's going to be easy - and I'm fascinated to know how Ward will fight someone who doesn't come forward - but I imagine Ward will pinch the early rounds by throwing more leather, before targetting Dawson's body in the middle rounds. Pin point punching and combinations will see him beat Dawson to the punch all night long.

Ward by UD.
          I liked from watching the bit of 24/7 I caught that Ward is totally training to fight a taller fighter with a longer reach. They showed him working out combinations with a heavy bag suspended at Ward's eye-level, to where he HAS to punch upwards. If he starts taking it to Dawson on the inside, it's gonna be interesting. He's definitely prepared....
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

aint had a chance to watch the fight yet but read the reviews and ward beat dawson with a stoppage which is a bit of a suprise to me.
            Ward getting rave reviews over his performance

any one catch it ?

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Oh in other news Vit Klit went to the gym this morning for a work out , thought he better keep in shape in case someone ever decides it's a bad idea to break his jab with their face after last nights instalment of moscow chainsaw massacre.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                Oh in other news Vit Klit went to the gym this morning for a work out , thought he better keep in shape in case someone ever decides it's a bad idea to break his jab with their face after last nights instalment of moscow chainsaw massacre.

I feel sorry for the Klits - it's not their fault that there's not really an opposition for them.

Vitali is there for the taking now, though. 41, very slow - all we need is a young heavyweight with speed and movement and they could take him on points.

I say 'only'.............

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  aint had a chance to watch the fight yet but read the reviews and ward beat dawson with a stoppage which is a bit of a suprise to me.
                  Ward getting rave reviews over his performance

any one catch it ?
                  Yes. A great, great performance from Ward - the variety of his game is remarkable and I think we're seeing someone truly special now.

To my eyes Dawson was clearly weight drained. Look at it this way: Ward is not a puncher (he's not stomped anyone for 3 years); Dawson has only been down once in his career (I think) with guys who are a whole weight class heavier than Ward - that Ward could put him down 3 times has to be with weight, right?

But, all that aside - Ward had him. I suspect he'll go up to 175 now.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Can't imagine that this will stay up for long, but here is Ward-Dawson:

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I was impressed by Ward and i agree he should go up in weight.I think if he moves up and continues to challenge himself and not coast he can definitely be up with the greats.A rematch with Dawson at 175 would be interesting
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

At 175 there isn't a 'mega' fight for him. There are some interesting ones, however:

Tarvis Cloud
                        Jean Pascall
                        Nathan Cleverly

There's 2 years work.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I would like a Ward Pascal fight.I could see it being a very entertaining fight but over all Pascal does not have the boxing IQ Ward does.I think Ward would beat him similarly to how Bhop did.
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I think you're right DB.

Pascall is unorthodox, which causes people problems. He gasses out after 5 rounds, however, which would be his undoing against Ward.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Ward would destroy Pascal. I don't see a Ward-Dawson rematch at 175 going any differently either, as Dawson caught Ward with some clean shots after which Ward looked at him like "You better HOPE you can do better than that." and Dawson couldn't. I think the mental toughness thing came in to play there, too. Dawson's demeanor completely changed after that first knockdown - which he didn't even see coming (hell it was so fast I barely saw it). It looked like he was going to try to just survive, but Ward began to basically humiliate him. Amazing performance by Ward.

And did anyone check out 24/7? Sorry, Chavez Jr. is a PUNK - you don't keep Freddie Roach waiting an HOUR before you decide to tell him you "don't feel like" training. He's not taking Martinez seriously, and that's gonna cost him dearly. Never heard Martinez talk this much smack before either...he can't STAND Chavez, you can tell....this is gonna be a great one.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Chavez-Martinez is certainly a good 24/7.

I honestly don't see a way for Chavez to win - Martinez is too fast and awkward.

The only angle Chavez has is that he's going to be much, much heavier. I expect they think he can bully Martinez.

Comment

Working...