X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by binnie
    (I should point out, however, that in this case I think Chavez is genuinely being a douche).
    I should point out, however, that in every case I think Chavez genuinely is a douche.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

It has been announced that Pacman-Marquez 4 is going to happen Dec 8th.

I am the only one who is confused by this? If I was Bob Arum, wouldn't a rematch with Bradley seem the safer bet? Most people think - despite the 'loss' - that Pacman won, and the revenge angle would sell the fight.

Putting Pacman backing the ring with a guy who has taken him to the brink 3 times seems an odd move to me. Looking forward to it, but puzzled too.
      That is a really stupid idea.I would have thought Arum would want to build up some steam for Manny after the Bradley business.I will watch Pacman Marquez 4 though.It will be interesting to see what happens if Marquez beats him (again).Yet again Bob Arum mystifies me with his logic
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        Yet again Bob Arum mystifies me with his logic
        The logic is that we boxing fans for the most part continue to buy shite cards and he continues to get paid in colossal fashion no matter what sort of tripe he foists off on us.

Sort of like in the Nigerian scammers thread, we continue to humiliate ourselves in order to receive boxes of shit, which we in turn cheerfully sign for and pay the postage.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
          Damn, how much can you drink in ten minutes? Martinez is gonna eat junior for breakfast.
          Good point.

Yeah, I'm not understanding the thinking behind Marquez-Pacquiao 4, either... unless the world just needs to see Marquez get robbed ....AGAIN. Hopefully hel'll knock the Energizer Bunny the F out in decisive fashion this time and settle all doubt, but not counting on it...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

Always knew Arum was an asshole but thought he was smarter then this. If Paq loses, by decision or KO any and all leverage for a Money Mayweather fight is gone and will surely never happen (not that it will anyway but I keep hoping). If Paq-fraud can finally pull a legit win out everyone will just be thinking it is about fucking time, how many chances do you need. Stupid move by Arum and Paq must see what everyone else does by now, he needs to dump Arum ASAP, maybe we will get a good fight or two before he retires if he does.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

I'm with TFM on this.

The only thing in my mind is that Arum sees Bradley as a future cash cow, and would rather hedge his bets with another Pacman-Marquez fight than risk having Pacman beat Bradely. But if he genuinely thought that Pacman was done, surely he'd make the Mayweather fight for one big payday?

There really is too much made of losing in boxing. No-one looks down on a great fighter for losing - and everyone makes more money if the fights are competitive/entertaining.

Marquez is 39 now - I just hope his chance hasn't passed.
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

There really is too much made of losing in boxing. No-one looks down on a great fighter for losing - and everyone makes more money if the fights are competitive/entertaining.

This is a semi-recent thing, too; Think Ali lost and regained his title how many times? Sugar Ray Leonard lost fights, as did Frazier, Hearns, Hagler, etc. And they're all still considered among the greats. It's definitely not a good thing for boxing.

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Wow Amir khan has fired Freddie roach , now I have questioned Freddie's tactics of having fighters only show in the later parts of rounds recently but khan firing him seems a bit bold of his camp.
                  Maybe they blame Freddie for his inability to stop an opponent punching him or for khans habit of shouting come on punch me some more seconds after dragging his arse off the canvas.
                  Maybe I should coach khan , I have a secret weapon.
                  Repeat after me Amir " don't let opponents punch you , don't let opponents punch you , good boy amir now see that tree there imagine it has just knocked you out go hug it ,hug it for all it's worth"
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    Maybe they blame Freddie for khans habit of shouting come on punch me some more seconds after dragging his arse off the canvas.
                    I'm sure that tactic came directly from Roach. No trainer can help him as long as he acts like a tool.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Well thats hatton's first comeback fight out of the way , he chinned his dad.

The father of boxer Ricky Hatton was arrested on suspicion of assaulting his son the day before he announced his comeback, it has emerged.

Ray Hatton, 61, was given a police caution following the incident outside Ricky's Manchester gym on Market Street, Hyde, on Thursday.

It is understood that Hatton, 33, had to protect himself during a heated row in the car park but was not injured.

Both Ray Hatton and his son's agent declined to comment on the incident.

'Redeem myself'

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "Shortly before 11:45 BST on Thursday, police received reports that there had been a fight involving two men outside a health and fitness club on Market Street.

"A 33-year-old man was assaulted by a 61-year-old man, who was arrested on suspicion of common assault and subsequently given a police caution."

On Friday, Ricky Hatton announced he would be returning to the ring, more than three years since his last bout.

He said: "It's more than a comeback. I'm fighting to redeem myself."

Hatton was stripped of his licence to box in September 2010 and fined £20,000 plus costs after allegations he used cocaine.

He then spent time in a rehabilitation clinic.

The boxer officially retired in 2011 with a record of 45 wins and two defeats.
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        Wow Amir khan has fired Freddie roach , now I have questioned Freddie's tactics of having fighters only show in the later parts of rounds recently but khan firing him seems a bit bold of his camp.
                        Maybe they blame Freddie for his inability to stop an opponent punching him or for khans habit of shouting come on punch me some more seconds after dragging his arse off the canvas.
                        Maybe I should coach khan , I have a secret weapon.
                        Repeat after me Amir " don't let opponents punch you , don't let opponents punch you , good boy amir now see that tree there imagine it has just knocked you out go hug it ,hug it for all it's worth"

Khan's an idiot, then - and his career is likely over.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
                          Khan's an idiot, then - and his career is likely over.
                          Good.I fucking hate that little prick

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Khan does like himself a little too much, doesn't he?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Fairly sure with his attitude and his glass jaw I could knock that cunt out

Comment

Working...