X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

I wanna marry a woman who says I could knock that cunt out ;-)
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
      Khan does like himself a little too much, doesn't he?
      That's the problem. The kid stopped listening, and that's when you peak.

The split seems fairly amicable, and I wish Amir Khan't well with whoever is his new trainer. Until he learns more about defense, or how to use his speed to maxim effect, he'll never be a top level fighter.

I see a massive - and it would be MASSIVE - British fight with Ricky Hatton in the not too distant future once we find out if Hatton still has anything in the tank.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

The binnie Breakdown: Julio Caesar Chavez Jr - Sergio Martinez.

It is hard to bet against Martinez in this fight: he's faster, he's more awkward, he has better movement and - and this is crucial - he's beaten guys who are much better than Chavez (Pavlik and Williams to name 2, but I'd through Macklin and Barker in there too). I don't mean that to be disparaging to JCC jr. He's tough, and he's beaten a handful of very decent middleweights - I expect he'll be up for this fight, and I expect he'll make it a difficult night's work for Martinez. Using his natural size advantage, the plan will have to be to push Martinez backwards, because if he doesn't do that he's going to look like a human pizza after 6 rounds. But a high work-rate, rough-house tactics and bullying are all well and good against guys like John Duddy and Andy Lee, but when in with a guy who only needs to stand and trade when he wants to, they won't work.

Martinez will dish out a lot of punishment on the younger man. Whether he can stop Chavez, I'm not so sure. But he'lll win a UD - I can't even see it being close.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Wow just woke up and read the reports will need to check the fight out any way but Sounds like a monster last round .

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Martinez is one scary guy.He completely outclassed Chavez for 11 1/2 rounds.Very good fight
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Will defo check it out when I get my shit together and finally defeat this duvet

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

ha. you need a strong coffee

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  Martinez is one scary guy.He completely outclassed Chavez for 11 1/2 rounds.Very good fight
                  Yeah, that was fucking incredible. Chavez waited all night (blocking shots with his face the whole time) for that lucky shot, got it, and still couldn't close the deal. Points for heart for Chavez, but he got worked 95% of the fight.
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Well, it went pretty much as I said it would. I think Martinez read the binnie Breakdown before fight-time and stole the game plan.

Speed kills; and skills pay the bills.

Bring on Daniel Geale or Golvokin. Good fights for Martinez.

Chavez should go back to wearing pink Y-fronts and ignoring his father's advice.....

Comment

• katina
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      I agree. Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez has an awesome sports career, even in football, he started boxing late in his life.

Before the fight he said "take a photo of Chávez now, because tomorrow nobody will recognize him" . A really scary statement.
                      Chavez fighted with heart.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Marvilla meant it too, that was THE most beat up Chavez has gotten in a fight thus far...one eye almost swollen shut and the other was pretty banged up too... his lazy-ass training habits came back to haunt him, he was last off the stool for every round, and did you notice how scared he looked between rounds? He was definitely in "Oh shit" mode.

Massive props to Martinez for NOT holding or runnning when he got hurt; he stood and traded like the warrior he is to close out the round.
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• katina
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

You are right, Chavez looked very scared between rounds, as Binnie said he looked like a "human pizza" after some rounds, and Maravilla had a fracture on his left hand.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Hadn't heard about the busted hand, did they say what round it happened in? I didn't notice him favoring (or ceasing use of) his left at any point...? Wow, so he was still pounding Chavez' face into hamburger with a fractured hand...dude's hardcore.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Already there's "F the rematch" talk ... I don't really see the point in it either...

Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.: Chavez Doesn't Deserve Title Rematch

Sergio Martinez proved in his highly anticipated fight what he had been saying all along: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. did not deserve to be middleweight champion.

Martinez defeated Chavez by unanimous decision on Saturday night to regain the WBC middleweight title. Two judges scored the match 118-109 in favor of Martinez, while the last one was only a little closer at 117-110.

Before the two competed for the title, Martinez had some words for his opponent that must have hit close to home. He told reporters (via Yahoo! Sports):

"It is very simple. I cannot accept the fact he is world champion. The only reason he is world champion is because he is Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., the son of the legend, and his mouth is so big - even bigger than his own brain - and he's talking too much."

Martinez had his title stripped by the WBC when he changed weight classes, and the veteran boxer has not accepted that fate. Now he will not have to, as he defeated his opponent fair and square.

The USA Today reports, however, that the bout winner says he will accept a rematch with Chavez. This would be a waste of time for boxing fans.

Despite coming into the match with an undefeated record, Chavez was largely untested in his first 47 professional matches. He had shown flashes of brilliance, but did not prove he was at the level of one of the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world.

This was proven to be true when Martinez dominated the champ for the first 10 rounds of the match. It was not until the last two rounds that Chavez finally came alive, likely after he realized it would take a knockout to win the fight.

Even with the final flurry, the match was not close enough to believe he would redeem himself with a second chance. In reality, that is what a rematch is for, not just for selling more tickets.

Martinez proved in the bout that he is not only more technically sound than the youngster, but he can still move well at 37 years old. Despite his advanced age, he is unlikely to be dropping out of the top spot any time soon.

Chavez still has a great amount of potential. The son of a legend has great strength and speed, but needs more discipline in the ring to avoid being exposed to big punches. With a few more years of seasoning, he can rise to the level of the top boxers in the world.

Unfortunately, that time is not now, and it will not be within the time frame of a potential rematch. Martinez won easily, and his next match should be against someone who can give him a better challenge.

Although boxing promoters will usually choose big names over a quality matchup, this is one that should be avoided.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Chavez has a case of Amir Khan syndrome in that he believes his own hype and does not have the skills to back it up.It is stupid that at 26 he has more wins than Sugar Ray Leonard had fights.Perhaps Amir Khan syndrome is not fair,Chavez did show heart.If he backs up the hype machine and works on his ring craft he will have a bright future.Lets hope Martinez at least knocked some sense into him

Comment

Working...