X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katina
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by jhale667
    Hadn't heard about the busted hand, did they say what round it happened in? I didn't notice him favoring (or ceasing use of) his left at any point...? Wow, so he was still pounding Chavez' face into hamburger with a fractured hand...dude's hardcore.
    He broke his left hand during the 4th. round and torn ligaments on his right knee, amazing, a true "Maravilla" He will need surgery, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. These are the news here, in Buenos Aires, I will try to find this information in english for you.

Comment

• katina
      Commando
      • Mar 2012

I don´t know how Chávez´s face would have look like, if "Maravilla" had not broken his left hand , he is left handed.
      I found this link in english

By Allan Fox: Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28 KO's) suffered a price for defeating WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32 KO's) by a 12

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I think the fight would have been stopped if Sergio had both hands - not through a KO, but a TKO.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          Chavez has a case of Amir Khan syndrome in that he believes his own hype and does not have the skills to back it up.It is stupid that at 26 he has more wins than Sugar Ray Leonard had fights.Perhaps Amir Khan syndrome is not fair,Chavez did show heart.If he backs up the hype machine and works on his ring craft he will have a bright future.Lets hope Martinez at least knocked some sense into him
          Amir is way more talented than Chavez, but it's a similar problem. They also share the 'I need to show the world I'm a tough guy' problem - Amir has been way, way too static in his fighting since the Prescott fight.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Bin you nailed it , khan seems to need to show he can take a hit. Better fighters don't need to prove it .
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

'Better' or 'brighter'?

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Both

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Hey Binnie What did you make of the dropping roach story ?

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Well, I think it's an unwise move.

Partly, it's a case of a fighter looking for reasons for why his losing other than himself - 'Roach is too busy with other fighters' and so on (I mean, he asked Roach to drop Pacquiao for fuck's sake!).

But in Amir's case, I think the problems are deeper set than that. He stopped listening and learning, and the best fighters always evolve. Those defences problems have been there since day 1, and he's never learnt to iron them out - when you start fighting the best guys in the world, they're going to catch you. Roach had managed to get Amir to a point where he was working towards being more complete defensively, but then when he did get tagged by Maidanna he reverted to his macho-man bullshit rather than getting on his toes and using his natural speed advantages. That smacks of a guy with something to prove to himself.

I'm intrigued to know who his new trainer will be, and I hope he's someone who Amir can learn from. Manny Steward would be a great, great choice. He's bring the natural boxer out of Khan, I think. I suspect that a business decision will have been made, however: Amir's career is in the toilet and he may be looking for a couple more fights before getting out. In that mode, someone cheaper is smarter.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Just read Martinez is looking for a catchweight fight against Miguel Cotto next year.That could be an interesting fight but I don't think Cotto has the skills to beat Martinez
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                        Just read Martinez is looking for a catchweight fight against Miguel Cotto next year.That could be an interesting fight but I don't think Cotto has the skills to beat Martinez
                        I read the same in the local news here

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I don't see Cotto beating Martinez either...dude is as least as fast as Mayweather and hits harder than Pacquiao.
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I don't see it either.But Cotto is a warrior and would keep trying to come forward.I think it would be an entertaining fight

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Chavez kept trying to come forward, too... didn't work out so well for him (aside from that one lucky shot that STILL didn't finish Martinez). Cotto's light-years ahead of Chavez skill wise and every other way you can think, but I don't think it'd make that much of a difference...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

So Ricky Hatton's comback is on November 24 in manchester,Not sure who he will fight.I still can't help wondering why he is doing this.The only reason I can see is to exorcise and demons from his Pacquio loss.I don't really see this comeback lasting more than 3 or 4 fights

Comment

Working...