X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Camacho was brain dead BEFORE the shooting. A wife beater, still fucking around with coke and running the streets at age 50. It's sad but frankly not a shock.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Sucks. Macho is/was a fuckup in real life but damn he was a character in the ring. I loved watching his antics back in the 80's. Boxing was tremendous back then. So many super personalities and quality match ups.

Rest in peace soon to you Macho...thanks for the fun.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Well said my friend.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

R.I.P indeed.

Like so many fighters: a legend in the ring, but a 'troubled figure' (to put it lightly) outside of it. What a shitty way to go......
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Ricky Hatton's return tonight: thoughts?

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Think Hattie lol is just on a money grab . A malignaggi fight or a khan fight to help the coffers for old age .
              Seemingly he has lost 4 stone this year , this yo yo weight thing can't be healthy .
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                Ricky Hatton's return tonight: thoughts?

Corned beef sammiches and a pint of Guinness?
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

RIP Macho

Seriously guys, who the fuck has the balls to be like this? Not even Prince Naseems ego is big enough to compare to Machos.

thanks Macho! man, when we were drinking to get ready to watch the fight & the dude comes out like this? HAHAHAHA! So great.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Hattie beat .... Not a good pick for an opponent

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      Hattie beat .... Not a good pick for an opponent
                      You'll have noticed I've been quiet about the Hatton comeback, largely because I thought it was a bad idea done for the wrong reasons (mental ones, it seems).

I always figured that Senechenko would be a difficult fighter - a former world champion (with a big height advantage) as a first fight after 3 years off is a hard nights work. Hatton looked like a shadow of his former self, and it was hard to watch. Upsetting, even......

This has nothing to do with money (he's loaded) - it's all to do with not knowing how to live without boxing.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Hopefully he well call it quits for good this time and we don't see this all again in another 3 years

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                          Camacho was brain dead BEFORE the shooting. A wife beater, still fucking around with coke and running the streets at age 50. It's sad but frankly not a shock.
                          I suspect he must have had some literal long term brain damage from his boxing career. While getting shot in the head at any point is obviously nothing to be taken lightly, a bullet in the jaw probably shouldn't have killed him..... unless it aggravated other injuries that were already there, possibly a case of a "time bomb" just waiting to go off..

But then, I'm a Devil, not a doctor, so take my diagnosis with 666 grains of salt.
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            a shadow of his former self, and it was hard to watch. Upsetting, even......

That's why I had to stop watching Evander fight

man, he was/is my favorite of all time. He put on some awesome clinics on opponents faces & took a beating no man should be able to withstand. Incredible. The Tyson fights were his pinnacle. But he lost it fast after that and it was very hard to watch. Although I still say he beat Lewis in the 1st fight. Hard to explain. Even when he was winning you still felt that cringe in your stomach that he would lose at any second. Not good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Great fight tonight between Robert the Ghost Guerrero and Andre Berto. Guerrero won a unanimous decision in a fight of the year candidate.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Guerrero was very good indeed - kudos to Berto for his performance, too.

Bradley vs Guerrero now please.

Comment

Working...