X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
    Rumour is that Mayweather is due to take on Devon Alexander on May 4th.....
    Alexander's tough, but doesn't have the speed or skill to keep up with Floyd. There's always the chance he bullies him and gets in a lucky shot...better chance of it than Ortiz had...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Adrian Broner pretty much destroyed Gavin Rees last night... Rees was game, but Broner is a serious force to be reckoned with...
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

I saw it today. I had never seen broner before , he looked well handy .
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

I checked broner out on utube last night .
          He has a hell of a dig on him and he looks the part .. Looks like the world is his oyster at only 23 .

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

The kid's got talent, it'll be interesting to see what he does with it...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
              I checked broner out on utube last night .
              He has a hell of a dig on him and he looks the part .. Looks like the world is his oyster at only 23 .
              Mmmmm......

I'm not sold on him yet. His skills are immense, but we'll see what happens when they put in him with someone in the big leagues. He's yet to face anyone with real speed.

I smell a big fight with Yukoris Gamboa down the line, which would be classic.....
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Ok, here are some updates for you:

1) Floyd Mayweather has signed a 6 fight deal with Showtime. This means that:
                a) He'll be fighting on average twice a year for the next two years.
                b) His next fight is 4th May against Robert Guerero.
                c) The other opponents 'approved' include: Saul Alvarez, Maidanna, Devon Alexander.

2) Saul Alvarez and Austin Trout fight in April. Could be fight of the year, as neither guy has really been tested.

3) Amir Khan - Danny Garcia is soon. The return of the Wunderkid who never became wonderful?

4) 41 year old Tony 'the pussy' Thompson KO's heavyweight 'prospect' David Price in the 2nd round on Saturday. (Way too soon for Price to be fighting at that level - stupid promoter).

5) After beating the shit out of Tyson Fury behind a skip; I will be fighting David Price next month in a disused warehouse in Reading. Audley Harrison says he had hurt his man-boob before I defeated him last year, and says he wants a rematch....

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie

5) After beating the shit out of Tyson Fury behind a skip; I will be fighting David Price next month in a disused warehouse in Reading. Audley Harrison says he had hurt his man-boob before I defeated him last year, and says he wants a rematch....

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Had to post this, Mick talked a lot about him while doing research for a book.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Lawmakers seeking a presidential pardon for Jack Johnson, the world's first black heavyweight boxing champion imprisoned a century ago for his romantic relationships with white women, renewed their efforts on Tuesday.

Sens. Harry Reid, D-Nev., and John McCain, R-Ariz., joined Reps. Peter King, R-N.Y., and William ''Mo'' Cowan, D-Mass., to reintroduce a resolution urging President Barack Obama to pardon Johnson because he was wronged by a racially motivated conviction.

''Jack Johnson was a legendary competitor who defined an era of American boxing and raised the bar for all American athletics,'' said Reid. ''Johnson's memory was unjustly tarnished by a racially motivated criminal conviction, and it is now time to recast his legacy.''

A similar resolution passed both houses of Congress in 2009, but Obama did not act on it. The Justice Department has told the bill's backers its general policy is not to process posthumous pardon requests. The White House declined to comment Tuesday on the measure.

Johnson, a native of Galveston, Texas, was convicted of violating the Mann Act, which made it illegal to transport women across state lines for immoral purposes.

He was hated by many white Americans, especially after retaining his title by defeating white boxer Jim Jeffries in the 1910 ''Fight of the Century.'' Johnson's victory infuriated whites, sparking deadly race riots across the country.
                      Three years later, Johnson was convicted of violating the Mann Act.

Authorities first targeted his relationship with Lucille Cameron, who later became his wife. She refused to cooperate. They then turned to Johnson's former mistress, a prostitute named Belle Schreiber, to testify that Johnson had paid her train fare from Pittsburgh to Chicago, for immoral purposes. An all-white jury convicted Johnson in 1913, and he skipped bail and fled the country. But in 1920 Johnson agreed to return and serve his sentence.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

B-Hop made history by beating Tavoris Cloud by UD. At 48 against a heavy hitter, outworking, outfoxing and outboxing a guy 17 years younger than he, that's pretty impressive...not a mark on him, and Cloud had cuts around both eyes from punches, not head-butts!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

BHop is an amazing guy.

I've no idea who he fights next, but only a fool would bet against him.......

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Ended up watching the Bradley fight, which was more entertaining than expected. The Russian kid (a former PacMan sparring partner) throws bombs, yet was eating shots with his face all night, no speed whatsoever. BUT one standout - at LEAST 3 times in the fight he clocked Bradley so hard Bradley was literally OUT ON HIS FEET...seems the only reason the ref didn't call it was because somehow as dazed as he was each time (watch the replay and look at his eyes - each time there is NO ONE HOME), he still managed to keep throwing punches... Bradley went on to win the decision, but I've never seen anyone get knocked out 3 times in the same fight and still win it!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Gonna check it out later tonight , read the reviews and seen some pics they both look well beat up .

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
                                Ended up watching the Bradley fight, which was more entertaining than expected. The Russian kid (a former PacMan sparring partner) throws bombs, yet was eating shots with his face all night, no speed whatsoever. BUT one standout - at LEAST 3 times in the fight he clocked Bradley so hard Bradley was literally OUT ON HIS FEET...seems the only reason the ref didn't call it was because somehow as dazed as he was each time (watch the replay and look at his eyes - each time there is NO ONE HOME), he still managed to keep throwing punches... Bradley went on to win the decision, but I've never seen anyone get knocked out 3 times in the same fight and still win it!
                                Fight of the year thus far. A terrific exhibition of brutality as well.
                                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...