X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Rios/Alvarado II lived up to expectations this weekend... looked like it was going to be a repeat of the 1st fight early, as Rios staggered Alvarado with a stiff jab in the 2nd round... but Alvarado came back and out-boxed Rios the rest of the night to earn the decision. He actualy hurt Rios a couple or 3 times this fight, but Rios has an iron jaw, only staggered noticeably a couple of times... there will be a 3rd fight looks like.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Any predictions for Donaire-Rigondeaux(sp) or Alvarez-Trout? Rigondeaux will be an interesting test for Donaire as he's probably the biggest puncher he's been in against and the dude is fast, too...

Thinking Trout may be a little more than Canello is ready for... the dude was laughing off Cotto's best shots....
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Bradley showed that he has some balls. I was surprised, however, by how easy he looked to hit in that fight. He certainly proved his heart, but he looked sloppy where I normally think that he's sharp....

I think that Trout is going to beat Alvarez - he seems to have that momentum at the moment.

I feel I should apologise for being slack with the binnie breakdown's recently.....
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          Bradley showed that he has some balls. I was surprised, however, by how easy he looked to hit in that fight. He certainly proved his heart, but he looked sloppy where I normally think that he's sharp....

I think that Trout is going to beat Alvarez - he seems to have that momentum at the moment.

I feel I should apologise for being slack with the binnie breakdown's recently.....
          It reinforced my belief that neither he nor Manny would last 3 rounds w/ Floyd. TOO easy to hit. I mean, the russian kid was plodding along and still nailing Bradley all night.

I have a feeling Trout is going to embarrass Alvarez. The kid's tough, but I think he's about to step out of his league.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
            It reinforced my belief that neither he nor Manny would last 3 rounds w/ Floyd. TOO easy to hit. I mean, the russian kid was plodding along and still nailing Bradley all night.

I have a feeling Trout is going to embarrass Alvarez. The kid's tough, but I think he's about to step out of his league.
            I think Bradley was rusty in that fight. He's never been a defensive master, but he is usually slick. He made the Russian kid harder work than he needed to.

I'll say this: Bradley is better than he looks. No-one has beaten him (officially), and he's a two weight champ. I'm not quite sure what his X=factor is, but he is actually underated at the moment.

Given that he's with Arum, he'll never be in a ring with Floyd.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I am looking forward to Trout Alvarez,I have not watched boxing for a while but this one looks good.Going to be different and say Canelo by decision
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

The boxing thread has totally been missing the binnie breakdown .....
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  I am looking forward to Trout Alvarez,I have not watched boxing for a while but this one looks good.Going to be different and say Canelo by decision
                  If you want to see a real (no) knockdown, drag-out slugfest check out Rios-Alvarado II... that was a war. Very entertaining fight.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Just ran into one of my boxing-freak co-worker buddies outside my office... we had a long talk about Saturday's upcoming Donaire fight, and came to the conclusion neither of us can call it.... could seriously go either way... can't wait to see it!

We both think Trout is gonna kick Canelo's ass, though...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Well, that was a downer. Donaire loses the decision...just got out-worked, out-boxed, out-classed, and shouldn't have. Wouldn't have been so annoying if it had been closer. He admitted he didn't prepare properly. Wow.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

It was a surprise - and a strange fight.

I actually had it even. Donaire was the aggressor for most of the fight (not necessarily effectively, but he was forcing the action), and Rigondeux was negative a lot of the time, but stole rounds with crisp flurries towards the end. A true chess match between master boxers. Not too sure I'd agree with 'out-classed' - more, flumaxed (sp?). Donaire just couldn't work out a guy whose feet were so much faster than him, a fact compounded by Rigondeux's south-paw stance (meaning Donaire couldn't cut off the ring). You could tell ND was confused because he was so gun shy, which is unusual.

Rigondeux faught a smart fight. Kudos to him.

The rematch will be interesting. DO SOME SOUTPAW SPARRING DONAIRE!!

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                          It was a surprise - and a strange fight.

I actually had it even. Donaire was the aggressor for most of the fight (not necessarily effectively, but he was forcing the action), and Rigondeux was negative a lot of the time, but stole rounds with crisp flurries towards the end. A true chess match between master boxers. Not too sure I'd agree with 'out-classed' - more, flumaxed (sp?). Donaire just couldn't work out a guy whose feet were so much faster than him, a fact compounded by Rigondeux's south-paw stance (meaning Donaire couldn't cut off the ring). You could tell ND was confused because he was so gun shy, which is unusual.

Rigondeux faught a smart fight. Kudos to him.

The rematch will be interesting. DO SOME SOUTPAW SPARRING DONAIRE!!

OK, "flummoxed" it is then.... Dunno, 400 amateur fights under GR's belt is still 400 fights... the dude has sick skills, but yes pissed me of because he seemed like he was running, pot-shotting and stealing rounds all night. Partly because he's that good, but mostly because Donaire LET him.

The rematch will be interesting... Donaire's definitely more powerful, as evidenced by the knockdown and the fact he was walking through some brutal shots from Rigondeux.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Alvarez-Trout is tomorrow night... any predictions? Any binnie breakdown?

I kinda think Trout is gonna win this, just based on the fact that he was walking through - and laughing off - everything Cotto threw at him, and apart from a shot Mosely this is Alvarez' first real test...should be interesting.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

The binnie breakdown: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez vs Austin 'No Doubt' Trout (154lbs)

This is a story of two young guns clashing on their rise to the top: one (Alvarez) hyped and steered through a series of 'name' wins into the starlight almost from the day he turned pro; the other (Trout) a guy who has floated somewhat under the radar until his demolition of Miguel Cotto. Tonight we find out who is the man at 154, and this is a genuine pick 'em fight. You could argue that Cotto is on the slide (although claims to that extent have been exaggerated) and that he is small at 154, but Trout's performance was astonishing - poised, controlled and confident, he picked his shots well and had a tremendous gameplan against of the the best fighters of the past ten years. He is the slightly bigger man tonight, and his southpaw style may very well give Alvarez problems, especially in the early rounds. He is not a noted puncher, and I'd be amazed if he stops Alvarez, but I can see him picking his shots and combinations well to leave the Mexican in trouble.

Alvarez seems like a star in the making. Heavy handed (although his power has been overstated), his victories over big names has rightly earned him acclaim. He certainly comes to fight, but until many past Mexican warriors he values skill over brawling. He is more of a boxer puncher, and his footwork and movement belie his age. You could say, however, that he is somewhat untested - yet to face a big name in their prime, or a guy bigger than him who can move, on Saturday he is going to face both, and you can never really know how that is going to pan out. Remember how another 'star in the making' of recent years buckled under pressure (Victor Ortiz). If we find anything out tonight, it will be how good (or not) Alvarez is.

I smell an upset here. It will be close, put I just sense that Trout may be able to nick it via a UD.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

The binnie Breakdown: Tyson Fury vs Steve Cunningham (heavyweight).

An interesting fight in an underwhelming division. Say what you will about Fury, he gets better with every fight. Slowly learning to move, use his hand speed, and make the best of his (gigantic) size, he has beaten a steady stream of quality opposition en route to an inevitable title shot (Martin Rogan, Vinny Madalone and Derek Chisora being the most prominent). In Steve Cunningham, he make his US debut against a man who is not really a heavyweight at all. A former cruiserwight champion, Cunningham will be perhaps the most skillful boxer Fury has faced, and that could pose the giant problems. Given that a) Cunningham is giving away over 40lbs; b) over 6'' in height; c) was not a puncher at cruiser; and d) we don't really know what he's like a heavyweight, you have to figure he's got a heck of challenge in front of him.

I'd not be surprised if Cunningham gets some shots in, and maybe even surprises Fury a bit. But sooner or later, I expect the bigger man to impose his size and win via a stoppage in the later round.

Comment

Working...