X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
    It's an interesting match up , Guerrero is gonna try and rough it up . Seen some pundits even predict Guerrero could nick it , which was a surprise .
    Think it's mayweather on points but its gonna be a tough tough old fight .
    Could be a cracker
    I'm with you on this. I think it might be closer than many people think.

The fact is we don't know what Floyd is going to look like after another year off and 36 years old. In recent fights he hasn't been moving as much as he used to, and that allowed Cotto to stay on him all night (not that the fight was close). Guerrero is tough, tough, tough and he'll keep coming. I expect it to look a lot like Floyd-Cotto.

Don't see a KO either way
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
      Floyd smokes him before or in the 8th round. With Paq-fraud off the roids and not even an interesting fight for Floyd anymore I am hoping to see him beat Saul Alvarez's ass next and then he might as well retire.
      He's not going to retire yet - he's just signed the biggest deal in sports history Showtime for a 6-fights. Guerrero is the first. The others rumoured include: Amir Khan, Devon Alexander, Maidana (sp) and Alvarez. I expect Oscar De La Hoya will push for the Alvarez fight - it's the only one on the list that is risky for Floyd at this stage of the game.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

The difference I see is the Cotto fight was at 154 (I'm pretty sure) and Floyd will be at his more natural to him 147 for this one. As with any fight one punch can end it, I just don't consider Guerrero to be in Floyd's league, even at the age of 36. We will know soon enough though

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by binnie
          He's not going to retire yet - he's just signed the biggest deal in sports history Showtime for a 6-fights. Guerrero is the first. The others rumoured include: Amir Khan, Devon Alexander, Maidana (sp) and Alvarez. I expect Oscar De La Hoya will push for the Alvarez fight - it's the only one on the list that is risky for Floyd at this stage of the game.
          I know, just saying their isn't much left for him to do in my opinion. I would hate to see him end up like Roy Jones. That fucker was bad assed and just held on to long.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Sergio Martinez takes on Martin Murray this Saturday too.

Always good to what Martinez, and Murray is a good fight who will come to win. Might be closer than people think....

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

roy jones is still talking about fighting collins
              Last edited by vandeleur; 04-24-2013, 03:08 PM.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
                roy jones is still taking about fighting collins
                God I hope not, dude needs to retire and enjoy himself before something majorly bad happens.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Yeah he is a link from last week .

The prospect of veterans and ex-world champions Roy Jones Jr and Steve Collins fighting appears to move a step closer.

Jones was a giant , and he is trying to fuck his reputation by not retiring.
                  Its testament to how good he was that he hasnt .

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I really wish Jones would retire. Sucks to see him performing so poorly of late, and I too worry at the rate his skills are declining he's going to get hurt badly. Still think Floyd takes Guerrero. But then I had Trout over Alvarez...
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
                      I really wish Jones would retire. Sucks to see him performing so poorly of late, and I too worry at the rate his skills are declining he's going to get hurt badly. Still think Floyd takes Guerrero. But then I had Trout over Alvarez...
                      I had Trout over Alvarez, too (and I still think that both of us were right).

It all comes down to how far (if at all) Floyd has deteriorated. That's Guerrero's only hope.

As for Roy Jones - he should have retired years ago. Fighting Collins is both stupid (given their age) and pointless (given that Collins hasn't laced 'em up for 15 years).

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

They re ran the Kessler froch war tonight on sky sports with froch discussing .But during it Andre ward was tweeting froch giving him stick so they had a bit or banter

@Carl_Froch: @andreward @skysportsboxing You make me laugh Ward! What's happened to your career!? So boring kid, you could put a glass eye to sleep.

Is an example

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                          I had Trout over Alvarez, too (and I still think that both of us were right).

It all comes down to how far (if at all) Floyd has deteriorated. That's Guerrero's only hope.

As for Roy Jones - he should have retired years ago. Fighting Collins is both stupid (given their age) and pointless (given that Collins hasn't laced 'em up for 15 years).

Supposedly this is the longest Floyd has trained for a fight in quite some time. Could be in part due to the layoff, but if Guerrero is the "tune-up" fight, he must still feel pretty confident... agree deterioration is Guerrero's only hope. It ain't like he can out-box him by any stretch of the imagination, so he'll have to turn it into a brawl. Betting Floyd will be way more willing to stand and trade like he has been lately (more like stand, clock the other dude and make him miss), but he's too smart to play the other dude's game.
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

It is good news that Floyd has been training for a long time. Shows he's not taking anyone lightly....

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Totally agree, and while I think Floyd wil win a UD if not stop Guerrero, he can't for a second take him lightly. Oh, and I screwed up - Martinez fights THIS weekend, Floyd fights next...

Don't know much at all about the guy Sergio M's fighting...?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
                                Totally agree, and while I think Floyd wil win a UD if not stop Guerrero, he can't for a second take him lightly. Oh, and I screwed up - Martinez fights THIS weekend, Floyd fights next...

Don't know much at all about the guy Sergio M's fighting...?
                                I know you screwed up (thus my mentioning Martinez) but I didn't want to be a douche and point it out.

Murray is a very, very good fight who's been teetering around at world level for quite some time now. Good skill set, decent power, and tough. If Sergio takes him lightly, he could be in for a tough night. I expect Martinez to win, of course, but Murray is the sort of fighter who is a nightmare if you're not 100%

Comment

Working...