X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Paulie Malignaggi - Adrien Broner has just been anounced at 147 (where Paulie has a belt).

Interesting fight. Broner at 147? I'm intrigued......
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Bit of a weight jump .... Tho it's been done before and broner looks the part
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Bit of a jump, but the kid is phenomenal...and supposedly Paulie has no power. That can't be said of Broner, he's destroyed everyone I've seen him against. Should be good!
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Yeah: they're using Paulie's name to make Broner at 147.

The binnie breakdown. Amir Khan - Julio Diaz at 143 (bullshit catchweight) on Saturday.

Julio Diaz is a tough, tough mofo who comes to fight. Khan is at a crossroads - one more loss to a guy who is not A league and he might as well hang 'em up. Whilst Amir is always somewhat vulnerable to getting his ass KO'd, you'd have to figure that he has too much for Diaz in most departments: speed, comobs, work rate. Expect Khan to move more than he has in recent fights, and use his jab to wear Diaz down. Diaz is more than capable of winning, but his only really chance is if Khan gets sloppy. I think he has too much to lose to allow that to happen.

Khan by UD.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Yeah last chance saloon for khan , he has to win and has to look good .
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Yeah he does, or he can kiss any talk of a fight with Mayweather goodbye...
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Exactly.

Khan-Mayweather would be big business if it was held in the UK. Floyd knows that.

Comment

• katina
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by binnie
                  Sergio Martinez takes on Martin Murray this Saturday too.

Always good to what Martinez, and Murray is a good fight who will come to win. Might be closer than people think....
                  Martinez hasn´t fought here since 2/2/2002, it will be a huge Festival starting at 17:00, with good bands and other box matches.

People attendance will be around 40,000, only the ring is roofed, Martinez- Murray is scheduled for 22:30.

But we are expecting rain for today noon, if weather conditions change, the match might be set forward.

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

The Martinez- Murray match will be at 21:00.

If anybody wants to watch it online, here is public free tv, I think I can provide a link, in spanish.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Martinez wins on points. A shakey win, largely because he fought the last 4 rounds with only 1 hand (injured).

Amir Khan beat Julio Diaz on points.

In other news, Audley Harrison got KO's again - in 49 seconds.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

Just some random thoughts:
                        Chris Arriola gets the piss kicked out of him. Been a long time since i have seen a heavy get punished like that. I would have to say that Stivern is the real deal.
                        Kahn's chin is still a worry. I just don't see him winning anymore big fights.
                        Martinez just looked bad and i hate to say that being i am a big fan. He needs to get healthy before he fights again. I still wonder how much the damp ring had to do with it and how much was his age and nagging injuries.
                        I give Robert Guerrero a small chance against Floyd this weekend. I don't think this distraction with the law is going to serve him well. In order to do the impossible you can't have even the smallest distraction. The only chance i see that Guerrero has is to connect with something that shakes Floyd up. I don't think it is a stretch to say Guerrero won't win a decision. He is going to have to get him out of there.
                        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                          Just some random thoughts:
                          Chris Arriola gets the piss kicked out of him. Been a long time since i have seen a heavy get punished like that. I would have to say that Stivern is the real deal.
                          Kahn's chin is still a worry. I just don't see him winning anymore big fights.
                          Martinez just looked bad and i hate to say that being i am a big fan. He needs to get healthy before he fights again. I still wonder how much the damp ring had to do with it and how much was his age and nagging injuries.
                          I give Robert Guerrero a small chance against Floyd this weekend. I don't think this distraction with the law is going to serve him well. In order to do the impossible you can't have even the smallest distraction. The only chance i see that Guerrero has is to connect with something that shakes Floyd up. I don't think it is a stretch to say Guerrero won't win a decision. He is going to have to get him out of there.
                          The last time I saw a heavyweight take a beating like that was....................Arreolla against Vitali Arreolla has always been his own worst enemy: too out of shape, all of the time. Once you go up against a guy who can match you with size, power and speed, that's spells disaster. I never saw him as a genuine threat at heavyweight, but he's certainly done now.

Khan's defence is the issue. He's stopped learning, largely because he's been used to his ridiculous handspeed been enough to win fights. But when you start getting in with the better guys - who have timing - some of your speed is nullified. I think he's good enough to live with the other guys at 140, and if he's smart he might actually be able to beat Garcia in a rematch. By 'smart' I mean get back to boxing - stick, move, and rack up the points. His need to be a tough guy and trade is his undoing.

Martinez didn't look his best, but a lot of that has to do with Murray being a better fighter than people realise. Given that Martinez was fighting with one hand, I think his performance overall was commendable. We have to remember, however, that Sergio is not a natural 160 fighter (he's a 154 guy masquerading at middleweight) so he is always up against naturally bigger guys who can impose their size. To me, Martinez was a stunning fighter at 154 (would have loved to have seen him vs Winky Wright at that weight) but he is just a good one at 160. Golvolkin might be too much for him at that weight.

If Mayweather is still Mayweather, Guerrero has a slim chance on Saturday. He'll certainly fight his heart out, but I can't help thinking that he's going to be taking a lot of flush, sharp shots from the opening bell.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                            Khan's defence is the issue. He's stopped learning, largely because he's been used to his ridiculous handspeed been enough to win fights. But when you start getting in with the better guys - who have timing - some of your speed is nullified. I think he's good enough to live with the other guys at 140, and if he's smart he might actually be able to beat Garcia in a rematch. By 'smart' I mean get back to boxing - stick, move, and rack up the points. His need to be a tough guy and trade is his undoing.
                            This a million times.Seems Khan would rather take a loss but look flashy than fight smart
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                              This a million times.Seems Khan would rather take a loss but look flashy than fight smart
                              Indeed. He has a beautiful, beautiful jab. He should use it, and then get on his toes. Sooner or later guys would be frustrated into making mistakes.

The only guy I don't see him beating at 140 is Matthyese (just too good). I sense, however, that they'll move him up to 147 for some big paydays in the twilight of his carreer - that will be suicide for Khan.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I am sure i read somewhere his plan is to move up to 147 and face one of the big names.Is he not ranked number 2 right now without fighting at 147?
                                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...