X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToraToraTora
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2010

Just an update on Ricky Burns. He had a clean break to the right hand side of his jaw. after getting whacked in the 2nd round. He has had a titanium plate inserted and now his career is in jeopardy. To fight on for 10 rounds with a broken jaw is admirable and as i said he has the heart of a lion but i think he should have stayed on his stool after it happened as now he has put his livelihood on the line.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Mayweather - Alvarez on Saturday.

Thoughts?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Canelo will give him a tough fight but am going with mayweather on points . Yeah I know am playing pretty safe with this one .
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

I think that most people will come to a similar conclusion. It should be Mayweather's toughest fight for a long, long time.....

Comment

• ToraToraTora
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2010

I'd love to see that wife beating piece of shit get a taste of his own medicine, but i think he'll be too good for the ginger Mexican dude.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

The binnie Breakdown: Floyd Mayweather Jr - Saul Alvarez

It's an intriguing one - a fight that really doesn't need to be sold. It's also a fight that bellies attempts to place to protagonists into easy binaries like 'boxer vs fighter' (Alvarez is far from a slugger) or 'skills vs power'. Let's get some perspective here - on paper, Mayweather is facing a genuine challenge. He has never looked at his best above welterweight - think De La Hoya, think Cotto - and on Saturday he'll probably be facing the biggest man he's ever faced. Alvarez is likely to be around 170lbs on fight night, maybe even more. The gives Floyd - 150lbs at best - a significant disadvantage: skills may indeed pay the bills, but boxing has weight classes for a reason.

If Alvarez was some crude slugger perhaps that weight advantage could be easily negotiated. But he isn't. The younger man is a classy boxer, a counter-puncher whos crisp combinations many pundits predict will give Floyd's pattented defense some problems - especially it the smaller man languishes on the ropes as he did against Cotto. All of this adds up to hard night's work for Floyd - but you have to figure he knows that. What is not being considered is what Alvarez is facing - a man who is notiveably faster than anyone he has faced in the past, and who will not push the action in a way that Alvarez likes. And given that Floyd is unlikely to tire and Alvarez looked gassed after 4 or 5 rounds after Trout, we could witness some spectaclular pot-shotting that has become Floyd's signature as the younger man tires.

I expect the fight to be something of a stinker - neither man is a high-volume, action fighter. The early rounds will be close, and maybe even hairy for Floyd, but he'll have too many tricks for Alvarez. Expect Money to use his legs a lot and never be static enough for Canello to whip off those patented combos.

Mayweather by a close - a legacy defining - UD.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

I should also say that:

a) I'm at a friend's wedding and will not be able to see the fight. Yes, I AM pissed.

b) Garcia - Mattyhse will be a much, much better fight on Saturday. Waaaaaaaar!

Also, it looks like Arreolla is back after his destruction of Seth Mitchel last weekend.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Alvarez has a puncher's chance, and I agree the early rounds could be close, but I have a feeling this will go like the Guerrero fight. Meaning Canelo gets a (humiliating) boxing lesson.
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Floyd is going to embarrass him. Everybody keeps looking for the fighter to knock him off but until age catches him nobody is good enough too actually do it.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I'd be surprised if Alvarez is humiliated - this is a guy with good hand speed, very good time, and good footwork. It is also worth noting that Alvarez does not get hit very much.

Add into that how much bigger he is, and it should be closer than Floyd's recent fights.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I think this is good tactics from mayweather , get the kid on his record before the man puts mayweather on his .

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

He's certainly taking the biggest challenge early on in his six fight deal with Showtime.

I really think that Alvarez poses more of a threat than Pacquiao......

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

And I guess he is only going to get better with age

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I think Floyd knows exactly what he's doing. Exactly 40+ million.

ESPN the rag pointed out that Money COULD be 49-0 when his current deal is over.

Imagine the bidding war for that 50th fight.

Floyd won't fight anyone if he thinks they have a shot at beating him. Not at this point in his career.

That being said, Alvarez is a good fighter. Much stranger things have happened.
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

I think the fact is that the list of people with a genuine chance of beating him is short, and Alvarez is top of it for a number of reasons I mentioned above (size, strength and poise). Martinez is probably the next best guy, but Floyd would have to go to 160lbs, which is just silly.

But, yeah, he could retire 49-0, which would equal Marciano's record. You have to figure that was the plan all along.

Comment

Working...