• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
    David Haye won on points!

Finally, the end of Valuev - nice guy, but an embarassment to boxing. Haye did it one handed too (broke his right in round 2). Valuev barely laid a glove on him.

Very mature performance from Haye, and if it hadn't been for the ref getting in the way in the 12th it might have been a KO.
    What did he do, drop a safe on him?

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

If Cotto allows Manny to box then he's in BIG trouble - he has to impose his power on Manny, he can't win a battle of speed.
      I too think Manny's going into this one a little over-confident - and Cotto's power will be imposed if he lands ONE SHOT....
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

It's interesting that none of us are picking Manny, as he is the favourite with the bookies and pundits......
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I'm kinda over Manny, what with the movie career, bad singing, even worse guitar playing, the political aspirations...even though he doesn't do the big mouth thing, he's more annoying than Floyd...

Plus, seems like he's getting a little cocky, so would be funny to see him get knocked the F out...
          Last edited by jhale667; 11-10-2009, 11:22 AM.
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Interesting. I'm a big Cotto fan because he fights everyone regardless, and doesn't make a big song and dance about it. Part of me thinks that a Manny victory is better for the sport - because it sets up Manny-Mayweather - but I think that Cotto deserves some good luck...

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Interesting. I'm a big Cotto fan because he fights everyone regardless, and doesn't make a big song and dance about it. Part of me thinks that a Manny victory is better for the sport - because it sets up Manny-Mayweather - but I think that Cotto deserves some good luck...
              I'd tend to agree regarding Manny-Mayweather being the bigger (possibly more interesting) fight -and it being better for boxing in general, but I too think Cotto deserves some good fortune...especially after the whole Margo-beaten-with-bricks thing...

I still think if Cotto consistently works the body (and there's little chance he won't, unless Pacman jabs and runs all night) Manny is in TROUBLE...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                Sniper
                • Feb 2007

5 days to Pacquiao-Cotto.

Who are you picking?
                The only loss that Cotto has on his record is to a cheater. I know you don’t think so Binnie, but I truly believe that Margarito had his hands fixed for the Cotto fight like the way he did for the Mosley fight. Hell, I believe the Cintron fights as well!

Cotto beat Mosley, so I think he will handle Manny pretty easily. So I’ll say, Cotto via TKO in round 10. Cotto will have just enough speed to catch up with Manny, and enough power to hurt him.
                https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

I tend to agree with you dude. I just think back to Cotto-Judah. Judah is as fast as anyone (Mayweather or Pacquiao) and Cotto broke him down. Judah may not have Manny's heart, but I still think the outcome will be the same.

I actually think that Mosely-Cotto could have been scored either way - it was damn close. I think I'd pick Mosely in a rematch, actually....

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

So is it gonna be Mayweather-Pacquiao next?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Holeee shit. What an ass whupping.
                      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

What a phenominal fight. Cotto could not deal with the speed. What i cannot understand is how Pacman can continue to gain weight and keep his power.
                        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

So, I've finally seen this fight. I sat down to watch it on Saturday night (at 3am my time) and the fucking cable crashed! Boy was I pissed. So, since then I've avoided the sports pages, websites and this thread so that when I caught a re-run I wouldn't know the outcome.

Manny looked phenomenal after the first round. It's not so much that he has immense power, its that he throws his shots from odd angles so that his opponents can't see them coming - it's always those shots that hurt guys. Cotto has never been a defensive wizz, and Pacquiaos speed exposed that brutally.

I felt sorry for Cotto. He was getting absolutely no useful advice from his corner. After round 3, the pattern of the fight was set and no one in team Cotto had a clue how to change it. What a joke.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Don't be fooled by this though guys. Beating a guy like Cotto does not mean that Manny walks through Mayweather. Manny would have to find him first.

I hope it happens. A fight with Mosely would also be very interesting.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Don't be fooled by this though guys. Beating a guy like Cotto does not mean that Manny walks through Mayweather. Manny would have to find him first.

I hope it happens. A fight with Mosely would also be very interesting.
                              Exactly. Floyd is at LEAST as fast as Manny, and has far more overall boxing ability and savvy. That'll be an interesting fight, but unless Floyd suddenly gets OLD and (more importantly) slow, Manny will be baffled.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Kessler - Ward this Saturday.

The last of the first round fights of the 'Super Six'. There is a lot of controversy about the choice of the three judges and ref at the moment - all are from California. This smells like a home-town fix to me. It's bad news for Kessler, as it might mess with his head going into the fight.

I actually think that this is a harder fight for Kessler than a lot of people think. Mikkel doesn't look great against guys with great movement and speed, and whils Ward is no Calzaghe, he does have the ability to exploit Kessler's weaknesses. I expect Kessler to get hit a lot, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if Ward springs an upset.

That being said, I'd still have to pick Kessler by later round KO. Ward has been hurt before, but he's never faced anyone with Kessler's power (Miranda didn't hit him.) Ward has to nullify Kessler's excellent jab to be able to compete in this fight.

Comment

Working...