• May 2006

Alexander is moving up in weight. Must have been struggling to make 140
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
      Just seen the David Haye - Wlad Klitschko 'Face Off' with Max Kellermen.

2 thoughts:

1) Wlad is PISSED. Haye is clearly in his head. We should be in for a good fight whilst it lasts (although my gut feeling is that Wlad will win).

2) I would never - and I mean NEVER - get tired of punching Kellerman in the face.
      So apparently I'm hosting the pay per view for this tomorrow night with Hayes fighting this Rocky IV character.

Odds are very much against Hayes on the bookie websites which can't be a good sign.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Haye is really up against it.

What he does have going for him is that he is the first fighter since 2005 who really beiieves that he can beat Wlad. He's been trying to rock Wlad's confidence (which has always been his weak point) by being so brash. I think it's working. Given that Haye has a big punch, is quick and awkward (meaning its hard to get sparring partners to train to fight him) means that he might pose a genuine threat.

The problem for Haye however, is that he is considerably smaller. Wlad has a singificant reach advantage and a ram-rod jab. Haye has to get past that, and no-one has since Emmanuel Steward starting training Wlad. That might make Haye ineffective, and he'll have to find angles to work. Haye also isn't the most durable of fighters, and lad is one of the biggest punchers of all time (despite being boring). What happens when Wlad inevitably lands a half-decent shot is anyone's guess. My gut feeling is that Haye gets KO'd.

I'll be rooting for him though.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

I'm curious to know what the over/under is on rounds this will last. My guess would be 5 maybe 6. I am also hoping for a Haye victory mainly to shake up the division. I like both fighters but i don't think i can bare another few years of watching the Klits jab smaller men to death. These are my main questions going into the fight:

1. Has Haye ever faced an elite heavyweight fighter?
          2. If not, how will he react to the moment?
          3. If Haye were to upset the champion, would there be an immediate rematch or would the promoters angle in the other brother to avenge the loss?

Some interesting scenerios to think about. My prediction is Wlad wins by TKO in round 7.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
            I'm curious to know what the over/under is on rounds this will last. My guess would be 5 maybe 6. I am also hoping for a Haye victory mainly to shake up the division. I like both fighters but i don't think i can bare another few years of watching the Klits jab smaller men to death. These are my main questions going into the fight:

1. Has Haye ever faced an elite heavyweight fighter?
            2. If not, how will he react to the moment?
            3. If Haye were to upset the champion, would there be an immediate rematch or would the promoters angle in the other brother to avenge the loss?

Some interesting scenerios to think about. My prediction is Wlad wins by TKO in round 7.
            I think it's impossible to predict rounds, because neither guy can take the other's best shots. He who lands first wins. The downside is that both might fight cautiously in a chess match, who knows?

1) As long as we define 'elite' within the boundaries of THIS era, then yes. John Ruiz - for all his ugly and unappleaing style - has been around the top of the game for ten years. That's quite an achievement. He was known for being durable, and Haye iced him. Valuev, for all his limitations, was an imoveable object. Only Chageav beat him, and Haye did it with a broken hand, changing strategy in the third round to a more defensive style. neither of those guys is anything like an Klit, though. That being said, Klit has never fought anyone as fast - or awkward as Haye.

2) Doubt the ocaision will phase him. Klit's right hand might, though. Hell, THAT jab might.

3) Unless the 'win' were to be close, I can't see a Wlad rematch. Vitali would step up because Haye would have all of the belts - beating Haye ould allow a Klit to unify the division.

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

Klitschko beats Haye by unanimous decision.
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Indeed. What an anti-climax, even though no-one thought it would go to points.

Haye is blaming a broken toe (which doesn't allow him to throw punches at maximum power). The fact of the matter is that he wasn't prepared to take the necessary gamble to fuck Klitschko up. Although I think the cards were a little generous to Klit, it was still his night.

Klit looked shit tonight too. Manny Steward has proven that you can polish a turd. Wlad is very, very beatable. It's just that there's not a guy who has the hunger and balls to do it. Haye had the power and the speed, but he just didn't want to risk it.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Neither guy was doing anything effective - Wlad through a lot of shots, but Haye dodged most of them.

Haye just wasn't throwing enough. Period. I believe him that the toe effected his ability to launch the right hand effectively. it's still no excuse though. Boxing is the business of pain - when you're getting over $20 for a night's work, suck it up. He landed a handful of peeches on Klits. If he'd thrown more, he'd have landed more. Simple.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Sorry guys. I went to sleep about round seven and i just woke up.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

For all of the punishment these guys supposedly wanted to deal out on each other, the only ones who got beat up were the fans.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Vitali - Adamek will be a better fight.

Vitali will beat the hell out of him, but it will be a better fight.

In fact, Haye-Vitali will be a better fight - largely because Haye won't have to go looking for Vitali (who is wide open most of the time).

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

David Tua Is Next.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Dan
                              David Tua Is Next.
                              There you go. Maybe we can actually have a number one contender tournament. In Tua's bracket he can fight Sam Peter. Then you can also have a legend's side of the bracket with Ray Mercer fighting Bonecrusher Smith. Hell, we can even throw Haseem Rachman in there somewhere.

I think a good fight would be David Haye against Chris Arriolla. That would be an all action fight and the winner could establish themself for a rematch for the heavyweight title vs Vitali.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Aside from fast hands and a big heart, I'm not sure that Arreolla is worth much.

However, I like the idea of a heavyweight contender series. I imagine that the Klit brothers would like it too, as it would produce a programme who is fairly worthwhile.

Sam Peter (who is pretty shot); Chris Arreolla; Eddie Chambers; Tony Thompson; Povetkin (in danger of becoming a never was); Sonowski (sp?); Adamek; and the winner of Derek Chisora-Tyson Fury. That's a decent line-up that might make some exciting matches.

We're dreaming though, it won't happen.

If I were Haye, I'd look at fighting Tony Thompson, Eddie Chambers, and Olandeer Solis in that order. If he beats all 3 convincingly, then he'd be credible again.

Comment

Working...