X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

The only reason I see Vic having any success is because of the south paw stance and Floyd's layoff.

Other than that, he's just too easy to hit, has poor footwork and balance for the elite level, and has never faced a defensive fighter. He's younger than anyone Floyd's fought in a long time, but he's also greener too.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
      That's kinda what I think...he's got way more heart (and hand-speed) than Vic does, and vastly better skills overall.
      Absolutely. I don't see Vic having much of a chance. I certainly don't anticipate buying the ppv on the off chance that Vic will make it a decent fight and still lose a unanimous decision.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
        I don't want to come across as too hard on Judah. He has the speed, power and skills to beat Khan, and if he comes in focussed and primed he's the better fighter. But that 'if' has always dogged Judah, and that's why Roach took the fight.
        That's kind of where i am at on it. He has the speed to light Kahn up but even with Kahn's supposed questionable chin, i don't see Judah being able to knock him out. I do see Kahn as able to knock Judah out. I suppose Judah could conceivably come in, use his speed and movement and try and win a decision by playing keep away. You have raised a valid point here previously about Judah's mental state in big fights. While i think it has been overhyped a bit by experts to an almost curse-like level, i think it is something that could come into play in that Judah may be fighting himself as well as Kahn. When he feels Kahn's power and it gets tough in there, is he going to pull the parachute so to speak? Too many factors to make me feel comfortable with picking Judah for sure. I hope for the boxing public's sake that it is a good competitive fight. There havn't been (imo) a lot of great fights this year and i would really like to watch one this weekend for a change.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

Consider the rip chord pulled. Zab took the easy way out....again. What is funny is my son came to me when they were doing their ring walks and wanted to play hide and seek. I told him to give me 30 minutes tops. Sure enough i didn't even need that long.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I was out and missed the fight, but saw the highlight reel projected on the wall in a LA Hookah Bar... Just from the clip I saw it looked like he punched Judah in the nads...I was like "WTF?" Definitely want to check out the replay, because all indications are it wasn't as low or as bad as it appeared? Saw a bit of the after press-conference too where Roach said Khan was ahead on points on all the judges cards for every round?
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

It wasn't in the nads - it may have been slightly low, but not severely. Seems to me like Zab was looking for a way out. He was eating Khan's jab all night, and hadn't really been able to get off.

Same old Zab: the mental game let him down. COuple that to te fact he was in with someone much younger, hungrier and as fast, and the deterioaration in his overv all abilities was clear.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

I didn't think it was very low. Judah looked lost in there and quickly sqaushed any hope i had for a good fight. It was going to be a landslide victory for Kahn had Zab not quit.

Did anybody see the Tarver fight? From what i saw it looked like he dominated, but the newsworthy aspect of it was that Tarver looked like he was the hunter with a much more aggressive style.

At least we have Guerrero vs Maidonna to look forward to. That will be two guys with big hearts in a firefight. A definite fight of the year candidate.

What would be the fight of the year candidates if it was decided today?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

More sad news. Former heavyweight contender Scott LeDoux died at age 62. What a lot of people don't realize is that he, like Muhammed Ali, also had a wrestler vs boxer match on the undercard of Ali vs Antonio Inoki. LeDoux battled the legendary Andre the Giant in a losing effort.

Former world heavyweight boxing contender Scott LeDoux has died at age 62 after battling Lou Gehrig's disease.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

R.I.P.

I'd love to see footage of the Andre the Giant fight.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                      R.I.P.

I'd love to see footage of the Andre the Giant fight.
                      From what i understand, Andre threw him out of the ring and he couldn't get back in by the count of 10.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Sounds like it was scripted.....

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

David Tua Fights This Weekend.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

David Tua gets beaten this weekend. Monte Barrett has his number....

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

As predicted, Monte out-points Tua.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Watched the Cotto-Mayorga fight last night...Mayorga took the majority of Cotto's shots with no issues, lasted longer than anyone thought he would, until Cotto clocked him with a perfectly executed left hook....
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...