X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Looks like we're getting Floyd-Cotto and Mosely-Alvarez in 5/5.

The higher the weight, the better the news for Cotto.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Yeah just heard it on the news , couldn't get to enthused
      About it.... Think I kidded myself the PAC fight might of happened .. Probably never will ... Am sure we have all discussed mayweather cotto .. And I think most decent money is on mayweather being far superior and cotto to easy to hit
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Not enthused either, Cotto hasn't been the same since he got in the ring with that cheating piece of shit Margarito.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

The boxing world loses a GIANT figure tonight, a man who changed the outcome of many fights without ever throwing a punch (at least not during a round) Angelo Dundee.

Godspeed Mr Dundee. You will be missed tremendously.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I think that fact that Floyd is prepared to fight Cotto at 154 - rather than a catchweight like Pacman (who fought him at 145!) - tells us all we need to know: Floyd ain't worried at all.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

The fight would have been better a few years back.Floyd has a pretty easy pay day here
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

This right here is the exact reason MMA is gaining a bigger interest than boxing.The top guys of that sport actually fight each other.Given time to reflect on Mayweather and Cotto,Does anyone really care?.We know the result before the guys are even in the ring.Even if it turns out to be a fantastic fight it will still be disappointing because it is not the fight the boxing world wants to see.

Anyone interested in Chavez Jr. - Rubio?.I am thinking Chavez Jr for the win.Rubio has not been in the ring for a long time (Kelly Pavlik i think,anyone?) and will be rusty.I don't think,unless he lands a lucky punch past juniors suspect defence,that he has the tools to win and chavez has the tank to outlast him.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  This right here is the exact reason MMA is gaining a bigger interest than boxing.The top guys of that sport actually fight each other.Given time to reflect on Mayweather and Cotto,Does anyone really care?.We know the result before the guys are even in the ring.Even if it turns out to be a fantastic fight it will still be disappointing because it is not the fight the boxing world wants to see.

Anyone interested in Chavez Jr. - Rubio?.I am thinking Chavez Jr for the win.Rubio has not been in the ring for a long time (Kelly Pavlik i think,anyone?) and will be rusty.I don't think,unless he lands a lucky punch past juniors suspect defence,that he has the tools to win and chavez has the tank to outlast him.
                  I think chavez will come in heavier and bang rubio , rubio is gonna have to knock jr out and i dont see it happening and to try he is gonna get in the way of some punishment ..... dont think chevez will need to worry about the tank .. i would take a wild shot and say it wont get passed the 6 round ... there you go put my moneys on six lol

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I actually think Chavez-Whobio is a good fight. Two reasonably equally matched guys who come to fight.

It'll be entertaining, even if every knows Martinez schools both of 'em....

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      I think chavez will come in heavier and bang rubio , rubio is gonna have to knock jr out and i dont see it happening and to try he is gonna get in the way of some punishment ..... dont think chevez will need to worry about the tank .. i would take a wild shot and say it wont get passed the 6 round ... there you go put my moneys on six lol
                      I would say rubio is in trouble if it goes past the fourth

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

It's official (actually before now), Edison Miranda is used up. He got his ass beat on ESPN tonight by some dude I've never heard of. When you can't win on Friday Night Fights it's time to become a professional sparring partner.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

The judges score the bout 118-110,, 116-112, and 115-113 all for the winner by unanimous decision and still WBC Middleweight Champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr..Rubio did not put on a bad showing,He landed a few good shots and out punched Chavez a few times.Chavez landed harder punches and kept him on the ropes a lot.All in all not a bad fight

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Chavez didn't knock him out like I thought tho he did do the put on lots of weight thing he does .... Big question wil do the decent thing and fight Martinez

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Pacquiao vs. Bradley,Got to say i am scratching my head on that one.Bradley is a sound boxer and has had some tremendous fights,Kendall Holt comes to mind,But he has a distinct lack of drawing power.He does not really do anything fantastic in the ring.I would put money on Floyd vs. Cotto outselling Pacquiao vs. Bradley

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

That's a given. Cotto is a big, big draw.

Bradley has it all to do: coming up in weight for the first time from a division in which his power is minimal. I doubt he can hurt Pacman, but his workrate, body work and headbuts might pose some problems....

Comment

Working...