X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think it was real this time and I think it was a glass bottle.

Hitting someone in the head with a glass bottle usually means GBH in this country, it's not impossible that the German law could come after him.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Hmmm...

David Haye has issued a statement saying he was "bitterly disappointed" to have been involved in a brawl with Dereck Chisora in Munich and will do anything he can to aid the boxing authorities in their investigations.

David Haye bitterly disappointed for involvement in brawl with Dereck Chisora: statement in full

David Haye has issued a statement saying he was "bitterly disappointed" to have been involved in a brawl with Dereck Chisora in Munich and will do anything he can to aid the boxing authorities in their investigations.

"I realise I am no angel – and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile – but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas.

"If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented.

"I also hope Dereck Chisora is able to learn from his mistakes this past weekend, right the wrongs and then go on to fulfil his potential in the boxing ring.

"It is with regret that I feel I have to issue this statement to clarify certain matters, following an unfortunate incident that occurred on Saturday night (February 18) in Munich, Germany at the Vitali Klitschko vs. Dereck Chisora post-fight press conference.

"I was in Munich to watch the WBC world heavyweight title bout between Klitschko and Chisora and provide punditry for BoxNation, and accredited as such.

"During the post-fight press conference, I was stood at the back of the room. It wasn't until Bernd Bonte said my name and involved me in the press conference that I commented. I was then happy to banter back and forth with Bonte and Klitschko, keen to ascertain whether he (Vitali) would stay true to his word and reiterate his desire to do what his younger brother couldn't do – knock me out.

"I felt as though the public would want to hear more information about this potential bout and that we could both start beating the drum ahead of a showdown later this year.

"However, at this point Chisora began firing insults at me from his position on the top table. In fact, he has recently made a habit of saying derogatory things about me in the press.

"Moments before declaring he wanted to go face-to-face with me, Chisora assured the gathered media that he would give me 'two slaps'. Chisora had, of course, already been shrouded in controversy that weekend.

"Despite this, Chisora climbed down from the top table, removed his robe and then walked towards me, entourage in tow, in an aggressive manner. I held my ground, but, unfortunately, he caused a serious disturbance to occur, something which threatened to damage the reputation of the sport we both love.

"Regrettably, some members of his entourage also encouraged the chaos.

"Nevertheless, Chisora and I soon separated, brushed ourselves down and moved in opposite directions. The confrontation then reignited, however, and both Don Charles and Adam Booth became involved in the mess. Adam suffered a cut to the head.

"Thankfully, it didn't take long for the ruckus to again settle down. It was then that I heard Chisora say he planned to 'shoot me dead'.

"I decided to leave the venue and return to my hotel, a move which I hoped would diffuse the situation. However, Chisora's team were staying at the same hotel as me and, in light of the threats Chisora had made in front of the world's media, it seemed far more appropriate for me and Adam to leave the hotel as quickly as possible.

"Consequently, I left Munich on an earlier flight on Sunday morning and have been thinking about what happened ever since, as well as replaying the incident many times via YouTube. It goes without saying, I am bitterly disappointed to have been a part of what transpired on Saturday evening.

"I realise I am no angel – and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile – but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas.

"If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented.

"I also hope Dereck Chisora is able to learn from his mistakes this past weekend, right the wrongs and then go on to fulfil his potential in the boxing ring. "

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Someone's lawyer has been working overtime today....
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

Heavyweight boxing........ yawn, Pac being a scared little bitch being protected by his fag of a promoter....... yawn. I keep hoping boxing will get interesting again but doubting it more by the day.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

To be fair, Chisora actually came to fight. It was a decent enough show....

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

to be honest the fight was ok .. the big surprise was vitali something about him made me think a better fighter than chisora would have had him in trouble ... or maybe he had another gear if he needed it
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Looking forward to Chisora vs Haye.Bit of personality in British boxing is good.As binnie said,Haye wins that one easy
                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Are they doing this when they get out of jail ... Unless sky do a super 6 the Jail division and bulk
                  Mayweather up :-)

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I do not agree with all the Chisora should be banned for life bullshit.I dont think he will be charged with anything either.Everyone loves a good heel,Especially in boxing.The most serious thing to come from all this is Vitali probably wont fight Haye after that press conference

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Am not sure I don't think he should be banned but they both should be charged with something ... If we did that on a sat night we would do time ... They will at least get a slap on the wrist am
                      Not even sure that with what chisora said he could be in more trouble than haye for hitting him , am sure recently someone got sent to jail for texting they would kill someone am pretty sure it wont be hard to prove chisora said it , its on camera .... The whole thing kinda stinks cos I don't think chisora is much cop and tho not a fan I would have liked to see haye verses vitali but Now kinda of the opinion there both tossers .

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Saw the brawl from a better angle tonight and to me it looked like Haye punched him when he had a bottle in his hand which is a little different from hitting with a bottle.

Haye was in the wrong but I think he would have a decent plea of self defence because Chisora took his top off and marched straight at him implying he was going to attack.

I agree that they are both tossers in any case.

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          Oh didn't know vitali had picked up an injury
                          Sorry, not a seperated shoulder, but a torn rotator cuff. He says it happened in about the fourth round and will not require surgery.
                          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Saw the brawl from a better angle tonight and to me it looked like Haye punched him when he had a bottle in his hand which is a little different from hitting with a bottle.

Haye was in the wrong but I think he would have a decent plea of self defence because Chisora took his top off and marched straight at him implying he was going to attack.

I agree that they are both tossers in any case.
                            I have seen it from 3 different angles and no way did he hit him with a bottle.As you said he had the bottle in hand and punched him.To my knowledge there are no proper allegations against haye and the only trouble he will get is if he applies for another license.Chisora however could get a little more.In 2009 he was given a four month suspension by the BBBoC for biting the ear of Paul Butlin.He has also butted heads with the law a few times,In 2010 he was given a suspended jail sentence for an assault on his ex-girlfriend.He also has convictions for assaulting a police officer and being in possession of an offensive weapon.Maybe the BBBoC will be sick of his shit now and flat out ban him,Who knows?

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              to be honest the fight was ok .. the big surprise was vitali something about him made me think a better fighter than chisora would have had him in trouble ... or maybe he had another gear if he needed it
                              That was my reading of the fight, too. Vitali is a monster, but I was surprised to see him backed up and on the back foot at times against Chisora. Although Vitali had the skills to win every round, if Chisora was a puncher - which he isn't - Vitali would (perhaps) have been in trouble.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                                I have seen it from 3 different angles and no way did he hit him with a bottle.As you said he had the bottle in hand and punched him.To my knowledge there are no proper allegations against haye and the only trouble he will get is if he applies for another license.Chisora however could get a little more.In 2009 he was given a four month suspension by the BBBoC for biting the ear of Paul Butlin.He has also butted heads with the law a few times,In 2010 he was given a suspended jail sentence for an assault on his ex-girlfriend.He also has convictions for assaulting a police officer and being in possession of an offensive weapon.Maybe the BBBoC will be sick of his shit now and flat out ban him,Who knows?
                                Chisora sounds like even more of a tosser than i thought

Comment

Working...