X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
    Yeah but Ali didn't get stretched out every time he stepped in the ring either.
    No, but he was getting seriously worked by his opponents once he continued past his prime...I remember as a kid being saddened watching his last few fights. I still think the luckiest day of Antonio Tarver's life was the day he caught Roy with that shot...he was unimpressive before that fight, AND after. Glenn Jones I can almost see, because that dude is a warrior and is relentless (he should probably hang it up at this point, too). But I HOPE Roy doesn't come out of retirement and get hurt (potentially badly) for a payday... his last fight with Calzaghe (sp) was odd, didn't seem like he was completely out-classed, hell he knocked him down early, but then seemed content to let Joe get off first - and kind of gave up it seemed after he got cut...I remember thinking he should probably stop complimenting Joe every time he caught him with a decent shot and start mounting a defense/comeback, but he never did.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

I think it's a pisser when these guys earn shit loads of money and still
      End up broke and have to come back fur one more pay day ... It ruins good fighters and is dangerous , and usually spoils good memories of good fighters , I understand in the old days people were badly advised but fuck knows u would think these people now a days would get better advice
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
        ... his last fight with Calzaghe (sp) was odd, didn't seem like he was completely out-classed, hell he knocked him down early, but then seemed content to let Joe get off first
        Calzaghe wasn't his last fight, it was the last time he looked good.

Omar Sheika - won TKO 5 - Looked ok but Sheika is shot.

Jeff Lacy - won RTD 10 - Again, a totally shot fighter in Lacy.

Danny Green - lost TKO 1.

Bernard Hopkins - lost UD 12 - In my eyes Roy didn't win a round, not one. Dave Moretti 109-118, Glenn Trowbridge 110-117, Don Trella 110-117.

Denis Lebedev - lost KO 10 - Who? At 198 1/4 pounds.

Max Alexander - won UD 10 - Again, who? At 193 pounds.

Sheika, Green, Lebedev, Alexander are the type of fighters who wouldn't last three rounds with a prime RJJ.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
          I think it's a pisser when these guys earn shit loads of money and still
          End up broke and have to come back fur one more pay day ... It ruins good fighters and is dangerous , and usually spoils good memories of good fighters , I understand in the old days people were badly advised but fuck knows u would think these people now a days would get better advice
          I really haven't figured out how this happened. He managed himself, so he's not giving up a minimum of 30% off the top of his purses before taxes. Roy and I have a mutual friend and I know another guy who fishes with him, by all accounts he didn't lead an extravagant lifestyle. I've met him twice and didn't see any gaudy jewelry, no extravagant house, no huge fancy fishing boat, he's a pretty down to Earth dude. I don't get it. Bad investments I suppose or somebody flat out stole it from him, who knows?
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

He is the only boxer in history to start his career as a light middleweight (154 lbs), and go on to win a heavyweight title. Only Jones and Bob Fitzsimmons ever won both titles at middleweight and heavyweight, Fitzsimmons did it in 1896.

He could have fought almost anybody in any weight class and beaten them the night he beat Montel Williams. I've never seen anyone that I can recall who was as electrifying in the ring. But his legacy is damaged because he didn't walk away after the Ruiz fight and we probably haven't seen the worst of it yet because Roy, whom I thought would never have problem with money owes the IRS $3.5M.

Benn would have been a boring fight but with his matador-like skills, one could would have won easily in a decision with Benn stalking but never connecting.

Eubank or Collins would have been relatively easy fights for Roy.

I think Roy could have frustrated the hell out of Michaelowski and eventually land enough good shots to win the fight easily.
            Agree with most of this, although I think you're a little hard on some of those guys.

Eubank was awkward, could bang, and was quite difficult to time - he might have posed a few problems for RJJ. It would have been a UD, mind.

Collins was a whirlwind, a pressure fighter who'd been in with some really good guys. I'd have been intrigued to see how Roy handled the pressure, but again a UD seems likely.

Michaelewski was a beast - so strong. I imagine he may have even won a couple of rounds before Roy KO'd him.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

The reason boxers have tax problems is down to poor management and surrounding themselves with sharks.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Carl Froch - Lucien Bute has just been signed for May 26th in the UK.

This is a pick 'em fight.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by binnie
                  Carl Froch - Lucien Bute has just been signed for May 26th in the UK.

This is a pick 'em fight.
                  Its a tough one to call the froch -bute fight .....bute is a handful ...i like froch but i can see plenty to be worried about in this fight. My heart says froch but my head says late ko to bute.

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Agree with most of this, although I think you're a little hard on some of those guys.

Eubank was awkward, could bang, and was quite difficult to time - he might have posed a few problems for RJJ. It would have been a UD, mind.

Collins was a whirlwind, a pressure fighter who'd been in with some really good guys. I'd have been intrigued to see how Roy handled the pressure, but again a UD seems likely.

Michaelewski was a beast - so strong. I imagine he may have even won a couple of rounds before Roy KO'd him.
                    I'm trying to to be hard on Eubank and Collins, I'm not saying he'd blow them out but this IS the guy who once blanked Vinny Pazienza in round four of their fight on the way to a sixth round stoppage. Paz put the pressure on Roy, got him on the ropes a few times...........and paid the price. You could say Paz moved up too far in weight or that he was past his prime but he was still a very tough guy and a pressure fighter and for Roy to go an entire round without getting hit a single time is mind blowing, especially since this was a real grudge match between these two.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Wlad stopped Mormeck in 4.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I didnt watch it ... I feel asleep after a couple of Stella's ... The word is it was totally one sided .. Will check it out on the net later ...

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Just watched the fight ... the kindest thing i can say is the mormeck wasnt a very good opponent.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

One-sided would be an understatement.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Calzaghe wasn't his last fight, it was the last time he looked good.
                              Yeah, think I unconsciously overlooked the last few, I really don't want to pity him...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

One-sided would be an understatement.
                                Mormeck threw a total of 19 punches and landed only 3.To put it another way he landed one more punch than times he was knocked down.In a word,Pathetic
                                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...