X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Oh and just for closure the WBC has suspended Dereck Chisora Indefinitely,and will not consider his reinstatement until he has undergone an anger management course
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
      Carl Froch - Lucien Bute has just been signed for May 26th in the UK.

This is a pick 'em fight.
      I like The Cobra and he has the home town advantage but I would put my money on Bute for the win.We all know what Froch can do but Bute is still something of an unknown entity in that he has not been tested against a top class fighter.He has had something like 9 title defences against B guys,So there is still the air of how good is he when he needs to bring it,Plus he has speed,power,and intelligence.Should be good but i think i will go with Bute

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        Mormeck threw a total of 19 punches and landed only 3. To put it another way he landed one more punch than times he was knocked down. In a word, Pathetic
        Wow. I've said this jokingly over the years but I'm almost 100% certain, not joking in the least, that I could do better than that.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Oh and just for closure the WBC has suspended Dereck Chisora Indefinitely,and will not consider his reinstatement until he has undergone an anger management course
          THAT'S the best news I've heard all day. Hopefully the course costs as much or more than his share of the purse from the fight.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I like The Cobra and he has the home town advantage but I would put my money on Bute for the win.We all know what Froch can do but Bute is still something of an unknown entity in that he has not been tested against a top class fighter.He has had something like 9 title defences against B guys,So there is still the air of how good is he when he needs to bring it,Plus he has speed,power,and intelligence.Should be good but i think i will go with Bute
            I think that speed might be the difference. Add into that that Bute is getting better and better.

Froch will have to try and take him into the trenches....
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Bute pretty much has to win this fight (and every other) if he hopes for some more lucrative fights in the future.Plus he is Interbox's main asset and i really do not think they would book him in a fight he does not have a good chance of winning.Not meaning to sound like i am taking away from Froch at all but I think Bute's team know what they are doing with this fight

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

True, but Froch is WAY better than Bute's opposition thus far.

He's open to be hit, however, and I expect Bute's team are expecting speed to be crucial.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

i'll be rooting for froch but i think Bute will beat him , think this will be froch's 3rd loss ... were will it leave him if he loses ?
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Not intending to bring up THIS tired old topic again but it just made me laugh

Floyd Mayweather Jr. says he will have nothing to fall back on once he hangs up his gloves whilst Manny Pacquiao will have everything,So the fight needs to happen.Manny has deals with Hennessy, San Miguel, McDonald’s and Nike Sportswear, as well as Hewlett-Packard, telco firm PLDT and State Street Produce.While Floyd's personal endorsement deals have been far and few between.

Now this got me thinking.From his last six fights (Carlos Baldomir, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, Shane Mosley and Victor Ortiz) he has made something along the lines of $173 Million.He also has a net worth of $90 million.Nothing to fall back on?,Really?.

Floyd,C'mon son

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Yeah, I always flap a bit when i get down to my last 90 mil lol

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Floyd's 'money problems' must be fictitious - I know he gambles a lot, but could anyone be so poorly advised to piss that kind of cash away?

I related news: Salido-Lopez II was a cracker last night.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I related news: Salido-Lopez II was a cracker last night.[/QUOTE]

read about the fight sounded like it turned out to be a bit of a war

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

The last couple of rounds were pretty special, in particular.......

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                              The last couple of rounds were pretty special, in particular.......
                              Were they ever. Salido and Juan Ma produced another thriller. I wonder if this is a case of Salido peaking late in his career or if it is just that Salido, for whatever reason, has Juan Ma's number. Boxing history shows a lot of dominant guys that all had foes of arguably lesser ability that they just could not beat. Salido is a man's man for going back to Puerto Rico to defend the belt for the rematch when he didn't have to.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

I think it comes down to Juan Ma's self belief. It's a problem with big bangers - what happens when you come up against a guy who can take your shots? Then the self-doubt creeps in.......

Salido is a tough customer, and throws some awkward shots - especially uppercuts - that you don't really see too often.

Comment

Working...